Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7rally. com

CardamT7bleu

Sadly my experience has been similar to others, T7Rally make some good products for the T7, but their customer service is very wanting indeed. I bought a tail tidy from them, when I fitted it, I found that the number plate LED didn’t work. I informed them and they said they would send a replacement, 7 weeks and no replacement or reply to emails. The owner actually admitted on the phone to me by chance, that he had other businesses, so they took priority! I wasn’t particularly impressed by that, as a customer is a customer, they deserve attention whichever business it might be. I gave up on getting a replacement LED light, and bought a replacement myself, as I didn’t want to get a tug by the old bill, for not having a number plate light. 

If the owner of T7Rally reads this, my advice to him, look after your customers and they will look after your buisness. Customer service is vital to the success of a business, communication is key, happy customers brings more custom your way. 

Edited by FredBasset
  • Like 2

They are a vendor on this forum due their quality parts, but have never taken a minute to post in their vendor board. 

Im gonna move this thread to their board so that it isn't empty anymore and also because this thread is about them. 

• Like 3

Their screen adjuster kit is trash. Good idea but bad quality.

Three of the four adjuster nuts dropped out. When you tighten them tighter (by hand) the bolt comes thru the plastic.

The kit lasted about twenty to thirty adjustments.

And no replys to any e-mails. So, so sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered seat joining kit and screen adjuster, approximately 4 weeks ago,have inquired twice by email as to ETA/ whereabouts of my order, no response.

Have I done my money??

Or is this kind of standard for this company??

Does anyone know another way to contact??

BTW I'm in Australia.

Edited by Stevoh
More info

On 9/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, Cruizin said:

They are a vendor on this forum due their quality parts, but have never taken a minute to post in their vendor board. 

Im gonna move this thread to their board so that it isn't empty anymore and also because this thread is about them. 

Just curious, a couple months back you said that you only pick the best vendors to be sponsors. That you're incredibly choosey with who you allow to be accosted with your web sight. 

Knowing now that T7 has just crap products: bent foot pegs, screen adjusters that fall apart after a dozen uses and the worse part is arguably the worst communication and customer service of that has been noted a hundred times on various threads on this web sight alone, why do you still allow them to be a vendor? 

Just curious based on you saying how picky you are with who you allow as a vendor. 

• Like 3

Hmmm thats a bitbharsh buddy. People start off with the best intentions and then it can go downhill.

cruizin cannot control another companies business plan or faltering attitude and how they react to customers.

things change and go wrong as well all know and its how how you deal with it moving forward.

we are in very strange times and not everything is on the straight and narrow so im sure Cruizin will contact them for a solution.

Edited by Matth
  • Like 2

Matth, I do not think that at least 10-month crisis in start-up company with Tenere accessories is taking place because of external reasons. Many other companies with the same stuff  in this very same time are doing their business  pretty well.

Maybe we should make a list for Cruizin, to help him understand the problem:

1. r2r - footpegs - ordered 02.2020 - no item, no feedback, no money back

Edited by r2r
  • Like 1

I ordered an adjustable screen and seat joiner kit and received them in a couple of weeks in Australia.  I waited 3 months for genuine heated grips from Yamaha dealer.  I think all these suppliers are just getting hammered by all the new Tenere's  being sold,  and Covid isnt helping production and supply either.

• Like 2

I can understand problems people are having with suppliers, I work with engineers and suppliers and there is a delay to some extent...I have ordered my tail tidy last year and it took 2 weeks to arrive after me chasing twice... Not to bad but not brilliant either, orders my steering damper with a company in Australia and it took 4 weeks to arrive after they have apologised for the delay because of covid... 

For me as a customer in this  day and age to wait for simple items for over 8 weeks and not get a hold of the supplier is not acceptable and I wouldn't put my money in that pot. 

Customer service is key these days and that comes in line with quality. 

Just my opinion. 

Aleks 

27 minutes ago, DazR said:

(...) I think all these suppliers are just getting hammered by all the new Tenere's  being sold,  and Covid isnt helping production and supply either.

It's true but  it's also hard to accept the theory, that not answering emails and not giving ANY info about prepayed order in 8 months is a Covid complication or any other force majeure

• Like 3

Yes agreed that 8 months is a fair stint to not hear anything.  Things have been fairly difficult for a lot of companies and suppliers.  Only takes a minute to reply though doesnt it. 

So... At what point should I and others consider obtaining a refund, I purchased through PayPal, I may have a small chance of getting my money back, 4 weeks wait is kind of almost in this current climate not to long to wait, but absolutely no response to ETA/ product stock availability questions is in my opinion no way acceptable, there is a major Chinese site where no response from the seller to the buyer for such a question on a delayed delivery constitutes a promt and full refund, eBay has the same actions, should I wait and give T7 rally a chance.....or am I just giving them more chance to steal my money??

35 minutes ago, Stevoh said:

So... At what point should I and others consider obtaining a refund, I purchased through PayPal, I may have a small chance of getting my money back, 4 weeks wait is kind of almost in this current climate not to long to wait, but absolutely no response to ETA/ product stock availability questions is in my opinion no way acceptable, there is a major Chinese site where no response from the seller to the buyer for such a question on a delayed delivery constitutes a promt and full refund, eBay has the same actions, should I wait and give T7 rally a chance.....or am I just giving them more chance to steal my money??

took them 2 months to send me my stuff 😕

Sounds very bad tbh. The point I was making is Cruizin cant be held to responsible for the changing fortunes of a supplier. Sounds like T7 will fold with customer service like that as i feel your pain with lack of comms and rebates due and not paid.

quite frankly its absolutely crap and im sure Cruizin has already made contact with them so let’s await the outcome!

• Like 1

Well, hearing that others waited a lot longer than myself, without any communication with the seller, and still received their goods does give me some small level of confidence, I think perhaps I should hang in a bit longer before going down the refund path.

Funny thing is I noticed the owner is quite active on facebook it seems...no relation, just an observation.

Edited by TimmyTheHog
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, TimmyTheHog said:

Funny thing is I noticed the owner is quite active on facebook it seems...no relation, just an observation.

And that right there is the problem. 

I get vendors are having issues with supplies and shipping. If it takes 6 months to get an order, Im OK with it. Covid does not slow down the Internet though. It has not stopped a dozen emails over the course of 4 months asking about the order you paid for and not getting a response.

And it is clear that Covid has not stopped the owners ability to post on Facebook almost everyday telling us about all the new stuff he's making. 

Not getting something you purchased in a timely fashion during a pandemic is not only understandable, I'd say expected. Not getting any information after repeated emails asking about the order you paid for is not acceptable. No problem taking the MasterCard but you're on your own. 

And this has been documented for a year on here, as well broken foot pegs, broken windshield adjusters, zero communication or even just zero orders shipped. 

That is why I asked Cruzin, knowing he said he is very choosy picking only the best vendors, why after this long are they still a vendor? it doesn't bother me, I know first hand to not purchase again from them. But there will be other people, with a new T7 and they'll look on the vendor page on here and see T7Rally and end up potentially, if not likely being frustrated with their purchase.

It seems a disservice to this growing community to recommend them is all. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

I pointed my friend in T7 Rally’s direction after he received his new bike.

He’s been waiting weeks on parts and has had very little communication from the supplier.

As has been said already, delays are one thing but poor communication is unacceptable.

Edited by Alan M
Maybe a bit too harsh

Update to my T7Rally order.

Good news all round I'm very happy to say, I did in fact receive a reply to my order inquires, and almost at the same time DHL logistics sent tracking info and confirmed delivery date.

Note to self:

Be more patient 😏

22 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

That is why I asked Cruzin, knowing he said he is very choosy picking only the best vendors, why after this long are they still a vendor? it doesn't bother me, I know first hand to not purchase again from them. But there will be other people, with a new T7 and they'll look on the vendor page on here and see T7Rally and end up potentially, if not likely being frustrated with their purchase.

I waited quite some time before bringing T7 rally on board as a Vendor. We have a bunch of members who had great reviews and were on here posting about them. For every upset customer, up popped two more who were singing their praises. 

I didn't bring them on as a Vendor until this summer. 

Go onto most other bike forums, most owned by some forum company in Canada, motorcycle .com and they bring anyone on as a vendor, they simply don't care.  I do, and I turn down potential Vendors each and every month.  To the point that it costs me money, as this free forum that you get to use is not free for me.   But yes, I care deeply about the forum members buying experiences.  So I actually am picky about who I bring on as a Vendor.  I am looking into this T7 rally situation and now that we have had them as a vendor for a few months, things do not look good. But remember, they have only been a vendor for a few months. It takes time to see how a company performs.  

Again, I brought them on as a vendor because of all of the happy customers from Europe that were on here talking them up last winter and this spring. 

Also know that you are free to send me a personal PM anytime instead of calling me out in public on the very forum that I built and pay for each month.  

15 hours ago, Johnnyboxer said:

I got my stuff from them in 48 hours from order in UK 🇬🇧 in August 

Yes, it seems that Members in the UK are getting much faster shipping and communication from T7 Rally. 

Not great timing but my T7Rally screen adjuster arrived today, I had better luck than most!

I emailed Ben when when they were out of stock, asking for a update when he had inventory available , he was quick to reply with a date, I ordered on Sep 21 and received the package Oct 7th 15 days including customs for my area is great. Install was easy and mindless, pretty good kit it does a great job at reducing wind blast for me. I had a great experience with T7Rally. 

• Like 1