Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I bought a Camel ADV Tail Tidy, the best!

Cruizin

EDIT: I choose the Camel ADV tail tidy.   Ill post a pic after I have a chance to install it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for a good tail tidy, but also a good CHEAP tail tidy! Any ideas? 

I think the best cheap tail tidy is from T7Rally.com. There are two to choose from with different angles. The issue with these is that you have to cut the original plastics and cut the number plate lead to make them fit.

https://t7rally.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Ftail-tidy

The best tail tidy but not cheap is the B&B tail tidy. I have this on my bike, it looks good, is very strong, keeps the indicators well inboard, fits well and doesn't require the plastics to be cut. Weight reduction is about 300gms. Small issue is the lead for the number plate light does not match the Yamaha plug, and although they do provide a snap connector, in my case it didn't reach so would require the old lead being cut. I have ordered a few female plugs that suit the Yamaha male plug and will fabricate something more plug and play.

tail-tidy-11_1.jpg

B&B Off Road XTZ690/ 700 Tenere Number plate holder has been designed to replace the bulky standard assembly with a sturdy, neat unit. The Tail tidy accepts the standard Yamaha blinkers and is supplied with a LED number plate light

20200502_135056.thumb.jpg.15f5d6fd573b0fa7530a4066a7efd961.jpg

20200502_135007.thumb.jpg.1dadeee2c0beea8282ba83e3f81ea256.jpg

An honourable mention goes to the Adventure Spec tail tidy. I have only seen it on this link below but the design makes sense to use the existing piece of the Yamaha tail. The design looks a bit funky though and probably would be better with a tiny number plate light and LED indicators mounted higher up and inboard.

t700_tail_tidy_01.jpg

A simple tail tidy to lift and clean up the assembly to the rear of the bike, preventing the inevitable destruction of the original tail assembly during drops.

• Like 3

I really like the concept of "adventure specifications" (similar to Yamaha) because it is the only one that retains the original pieces. first you don't have to cut anything and then you can also leave the handles mounted, the b & d one eliminates them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I'm not buying from that t7rally guy. I'll find the model I want and buy from one of our forum's supporting vendors that have a long history of good cust service and experience. 

I know alot of people in the industry, and I am not hearing good things about t7 rally. 

The B&B model looks good so far, thanks for the tip.  Hey @pgeldz what do you suggest? 

Since the bike is not out yet in North America, non of the usual companies I'd go with have anything on offer just yet that I'm aware 😞

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I am looking for a good tail tidy, but also a good CHEAP tail tidy! Any ideas? 

Do it by youself, no major issue 

See more pics at following thread, page 16 

rps20200412_174935_compress47.jpg

Edited by Lupo
  • Like 1

I have the one from R& G

quality is good. Job done in 45 min max

56F37A1B-5925-47A9-8373-B1B7048095E8.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 8:00 PM, Richo said:

I really like the concept of "adventure specifications" (similar to Yamaha) because it is the only one that retains the original pieces. first you don't have to cut anything and then you can also leave the handles mounted, the b & d one eliminates them

If you look at the photos in my post you can see the indentations for the fingers when you want to lift the bike. These are not the normal indentations, they are the ones under the original Yamaha plastics, and provide more grip than the original ones. It is as if Yamaha knew the tail plastics would be discarded.

• Like 1

I know, I removed the whole "thing" about three times to find a diy solution.
let's say I like that little tail sticking out 🙂

• Moderators

Im with @pgeldz, there should be decent options later this summer. R&G is asking too much in my opinion, but the OEM connections are nice. Im hoping someone like TST or DRC to will make one. Add in a 12 o’clock labs integrated tail light (Fingers crossed) and you’re set. 

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I have the B&B. It is a well made product and easy to fit. Postage within Oz was brilliant. I ordered it on the Friday and it arrived the following Tuesday morning. Considering they are in rural Victoria and I am rural NSW I think that was a fair effort.

https://bboffroad.com.au/

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

@RichardPB is your man from power bronze.

I've tagged another Richard 🤣🤣

I'm unable to delete the first tag.. Maybe @Cruizin could help a bit.

Regards, 

Aleks 

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:40 AM, Cruizin said:

Im liking the looks and price of the PowerBronze tail tidy.

img_0224.jpg

Do you think the PowerBronze tail tidy would last on rough roads or corrugations (washboards)? Anyone have experience with this yet?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 8:19 PM, TimeMachine said:

Do you think the PowerBronze tail tidy would last on rough roads or corrugations (washboards)? Anyone have experience with this yet?

No i think that one would crack and break off pretty quickly on fast washboard roads. Ive had so many tails like that break on me just due to vibrations.  I now usually make my own tail tidys using rubbermaid trashcans. You can heat them to get them the proper shape and they can handle the vibrations and they can take hits without breaking off. 

The one on this wr450f is home made from a rubbermaid trashcan.  I wish i had better pics on other bikes ive done. 

20171110_164326.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

No i think that one would crack and break off pretty quickly on fast washboard roads. Ive had so many tails like that break on me just due to vibrations.  I now usually make my own tail tidys using rubbermaid trashcans. You can heat them to get them the proper shape and they can handle the vibrations and they can take hits without breaking off. 

The one on this wr450f is home made from a rubbermaid trashcan.  I wish i had better pics on other bikes ive done. 

absolutely agree, plastic , like any other enduro bike

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

What wait.. when did Camel Adv release that tail tidy? Expecting my HF & ABH package from them today but would have ordered that also from them. Don’t remember seeing it on their site a week ago. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I went with the R&G version on my bike. My biggest beef with it is that (like most of these) it deletes the "handles" and that drives my OCD crazy since the under tail area seems unfinished without it. I spent about an hour trimming the plastic piece to fit with it and it looks so much better now. 

Personally, I wish I had gone with the CamelADV version because I like the positioning better, lower price point, and overall look.

• Like 2

Agree with T7, little comms and no idea when im getting my screen adjuster, i used the genuine yamaha tail tidy.

24 minutes ago, Adrenolin said:

What wait.. when did Camel Adv release that tail tidy? Expecting my HF & ABH package from them today but would have ordered that also from them. Don’t remember seeing it on their site a week ago. 🤦‍♂️

I know ... same here ... now I have to spend and extra 17US$ shipping ... to get that Tail Tidy ... but I think it's not yet the best ... it's a bit too small ... and no reflector possibilities.

• Like 1

T7 rally on mine and you retain the plastic handles...very good quality and value for money... I'm please with mine 

20200605153134_IMG_0097.jpg

• Like 3

I just ordered the @Camel ADV tail tidy.  They are a supporting vendor of this forum, but they also build really tough stuff and I know this will be good. Plus, $79.00 USD is a great price!

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha/products/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-tail-tidy

• Like 5

I have the T7 Rally, and it's very solid, it's easy to fit and the less expensive... For the ones who have small licences, can cut it also...

I think for the price it's value for money...

And it have a place to fit the reflector with my license plate...

IMG_20200426_231032.jpg

IMG_20200426_231011.jpg

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1