Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mini rear rack

Tvileren

I'm looking for options for a minimalistic rear rack. First time shopping for a rack ever..

I've seen that a lot of the big companies makes them, but they're BIG and stretch far back and I've got just about zero overview of the smaller companies that make racks.

The only one I've seen so far that is acceptable in size is the Hepco & Becker mini rack. It doesn't stretch to far beyond the tail light and doesn't build out over the side panels with grab handles and such.

So I ask humbly if you could help me with some options and examples?

Cheers Thomas

Just now, Louis said:

Adventurespec ,

t700_luggage_racks_10.jpg

A powder coated tough flat-plate rear rack incorporating pillion/strapping handles, 4 holes to mount a RotoPax water/fuel tank...

Good quality, lightweight aluminium. 

I've looked at the AS and in general I think it is okay.

My main concern with this one is the hight of the bars. It really depends on which bags I'm deciding on, if GL Coyote I think it'll interfere with fitting while if Enduristan Blizzard I'd prob get the straps beneath the plumbing.

Cheers

I think the Adventure Spec rack follows the line of the rear of the T7 really well!  Cheers,  Steve 

The bars give an option, will help hold up bags away from exhaust. Or under bars will sit on a different angle. Also easy lashing of other luggage. Or SW MOTECH option is larger 

gpt_06_799_19000_4_xl.jpg

First class quality, innovative design, always reliable - numerous uses with the ADVENTURE-RACK for Yamaha Ténéré 700...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

The bars give an option, will help hold up bags away from exhaust. Or under bars will sit on a different angle. Also easy lashing of other luggage. Or SW MOTECH option is larger 

I'll def check the AS rack a bit more.

The SW rack is to big I think, or too far back.

1 hour ago, CGras said:

What about this guy? It is probably the smallest rack there is

Might be interested in that, but would prob go with oem as you say.

The ACD rack  is worth looking at, and as you say it isn’t available yet. As far as I know it’s not in production yet, and acd isn’t shipping anyway because of covid -19.

If you aren't in a hurry, B&B Offroad in Australia might have a good one available soon, keep an eye on his website.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Louis said:

Adventurespec ,

t700_luggage_racks_10.jpg

A powder coated tough flat-plate rear rack incorporating pillion/strapping handles, 4 holes to mount a RotoPax water/fuel tank...

Good quality, lightweight aluminium. 

To me this is the best looking setup on the market at the moment 👍💯

• Like 4

I’ve got a H&B Mini Rack for sale, bought from here but doesn’t work with my R&G tail tidy. Happy to let it go for what I paid if you are interested 

On 5/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, Tvileren said:

I've looked at the AS and in general I think it is okay.

My main concern with this one is the hight of the bars. It really depends on which bags I'm deciding on, if GL Coyote I think it'll interfere with fitting while if Enduristan Blizzard I'd prob get the straps beneath the plumbing.

Cheers

I am with you on this Thomas. The Adventure Spec rack is the best rack I have seen so far, but is just not right in a number of ways.

1. Its too bloody high! Just lower it so the luggage weight is kept low, saddle bags sit more flush and it is easier to swing a leg over. If it aligned with the top of the seat there would still be plenty of room underneath to get your hand or a strap under it.

2. It needs more reinforcement behind the rear mount. Over time on badly corrugated roads those rails will crack. So easy to fix, just lengthen / broaden the mounting tab back another 40-50mm.

The angle of the rear plate should have some forward slant. It just looks weird the way it is.

1766547422_AspecrackReinforced.thumb.jpg.fcecc89b28b9382ce411e4277fe19c23.jpg 

Edited by TimeMachine
  • Like 2

Probably the Hepco & Becker minirack is the tinyest

f42e53343b23626daa12c0804e1949f7o.jpg

• Like 4

I agree, it was totally different.

I might actually consider this 😉

Cheers

1 hour ago, Louis said:

And now for something completely different.....

apivvhvh4__67517.1582071602.386.513.jpg?

We provide motorbike accessories and luggage systems that are designed to meet the needs of motorcyclists and make touring easier. See...

That is interesting and like you said different.. What is the capacity of the soft bag presented in the picture?

Aleks 

Ventura, have a variety of bags and racks. Racks can be removed from the L brackets which mount to the bike. So you could switch between a topbox mounted to the drop in L brackets to a wire rack. There's 2 styles of racks and just a simple grab rail. Or nothing at all. There's all styles and sizes of bags which fit on. Can move from bike to bike, so long as it's got  L brackets. Some bags zip together. Best to check out the website. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, Lank45 said:

I’ve got a H&B Mini Rack for sale, bought from here but doesn’t work with my R&G tail tidy. Happy to let it go for what I paid if you are interested 

Do you know if it would fit with the T7 rally tail tidy? 

I really like the look of this one in terms of low profile, upgrade-ability and real usable space on the plate, only problem is it's been "sold out" for months!

IMG_2430-scaled-1200x800.jpg?p=16385

Rear rack and passenger grab handle combo.
Edited by Ride & Shine
  • Like 1

Check out this one.

tenere-700-tail-rack-polished-3_1.jpg

A sturdy and compact tail rack formed from 1 piece of structural 5mm thick alloy plate. Mounting utilises the rear factory mount and our hidden subframe mount bracket. Please note a small notch on the inner black plastic guard is needed to mount bracket. The rack comes pre-threaded for...

• Like 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I kinda regret having gotten the h&b mini rack now.. the b&b plate looks seriously good.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, TimeMachine said:

I am with you on this Thomas. The Adventure Spec rack is the best rack I have seen so far, but is just not right in a number of ways.

1. Its too bloody high! Just lower it so the luggage weight is kept low, saddle bags sit more flush and it is easier to swing a leg over. If it aligned with the top of the seat there would still be plenty of room underneath to get your hand or a strap under it.

2. It needs more reinforcement behind the rear mount. Over time on badly corrugated roads those rails will crack. So easy to fix, just lengthen / broaden the mounting tab back another 40-50mm.

The angle of the rear plate should have some forward slant. It just looks weird the way it is.

1766547422_AspecrackReinforced.thumb.jpg.fcecc89b28b9382ce411e4277fe19c23.jpg 

And I am with you👍 Can this be addressed to ADV spec? Maybe they will optimize it. 

Edited by Takata
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:41 PM, Rider 101 said:

Check out this one.

tenere-700-tail-rack-polished-3_1.jpg

A sturdy and compact tail rack formed from 1 piece of structural 5mm thick alloy plate. Mounting utilises the rear factory mount and our hidden subframe mount bracket. Please note a small notch on the inner black plastic guard is needed to mount bracket. The rack comes pre-threaded for...

I’d love to see more shots of this rack on a bike If anyone has some. Can’t see how it looks from the side or back, but this looks to be the smallest and most streamlined. Looks good. And the optional grab handles seems awesome. 

Edited by johnnygolucky