Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What Color did you preorder, USA/Canada?

Cruizin

What Color did you order USA/Canada?  

860 members have voted

1. 1. What color is your Tenere 700?

Black is also the best for different graphic options.  Im just hoping that the yellow on the black bikes is the hi-viz florescent yellow. Hard to tell from internet pics. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Black is also the best for different graphic options.  Im just hoping that the yellow on the black bikes is the hi-viz florescent yellow. Hard to tell from internet pics. 

Yep, Im working on new forum logo and then Im gonna wrap the bike in it. 

The fact that the white is being reported as the least ordered (in this poll) makes me feel good about getting one in the PDP first batch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Im surprised that the blue bike is up so much, the silver tank side panels totally turned me off the bike plus its a lot harder to cover scratches on blue rims with a sharpie.  

• Like 3

Even though my favorite color is Blue, I really don't like colored wheels in general. I chose black because I plan to wrap most of the panels and white as backup since it too comes with black wheels.

Great point about the sharpie repairs too...never thought of that.

• Like 2

I did this on my phone and clicked on Intensity White by accident. I really ordered Ceramic Ice, not sure how to change my answer

Just saw the red one in person, and it's much nicer up close, a sort of metallic pearl red, closer to raspberry than red. Mechanic at the dealer got a black one, and I was like the black looks great, he was like he wished he got the red/white. That said, for some reason the black one looks a lot more aggressive and premium from the front and sides, the red looks that way from the back. The black looks plain from the back, and red more from the front. 

Also, for a bit of side history on the blue one - The word Tenere is desert in the Tuareg language, and the Tuaregs are known for their blue outfits, which the Yamaha matches perfectly. It hides a lot of symbolism. 

AT_AT200610103260037AR.jpg

The Tuaregs are of Berber descent, having probably moved south from African areas now labeled as Mauritania, Morocco, Libya and Egypt. As Arabs pushed east into Berber lands, both

• Like 3

They had me at "Matte".  That means I don't have to wash it and you can't tell how many times I've dropped it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Idarex said:

They had me at "Matte".  That means I don't have to wash it and you can't tell how many times I've dropped it.

Wanna bet? My 990 had flat black side panels from the factory and they showed all kinds of swipes from tree branches and soft luggage laying on them. Your best bet is a clear vinyl over the body to protect it that way.

• Thanks 1

Im just getting the black cause it works best for wrapping.  Like i did to my 250x

IMG_20170706_055022_538.jpg

Edited by Mr.motarded
Fat fingers
  • Like 1

Biggest reason why I chose Black was I thought all you yahoos would be choosing the Ceramic Ice or Intensity white colors and I would have a better chance getting my bike sooner. My secondary color choice was Intensity White. 

At this point, I'll accept Bitch Pink color as long as it's in the first batch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

White is THE color here in the desert, cars, houses, roofs, and bikes. Black gets so damn hot in the sun and shows every speck of dust, and there is lotso dust! Then your nice new bike looks all skank. IMHO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommy2 said:

White is THE color here in the desert, cars, houses, roofs, and bikes. Black gets so damn hot in the sun and shows every speck of dust, and there is lotso dust! Then your nice new bike looks all skank. IMHO

Thats a good point. Getting on a hot bike sucks. 

Wow,  its balanced out 1/3 for each color.  Nice.

• Like 2

So, as if I need the stress of being on another page about the T7!!!  Your stupid poll sucked me in and made me sign up!  Geez.

Intensity white... had to go with the heritage colorway, cause I'm that old.  Now had they done the yellow and black, that's a different story.

• Like 4

Wife liked the blue, I didn't.  I like the black and the white but had a hard time deciding.  Wife said "visibility."  I said okay, white.   Wife said, Okay get it.  Not going to argue. 🙂    

• Haha 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, scridercoach said:

So, as if I need the stress of being on another page about the T7!!!  Your stupid poll sucked me in and made me sign up!  Geez.

Intensity white... had to go with the heritage colorway, cause I'm that old.  Now had they done the yellow and black, that's a different story.

Ha awesome! Glad you made it over to the forum @scridercoach

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

On 5/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, Mr.motarded said:

Im surprised that the blue bike is up so much, 

Agreed. While I don't mind the blue plastics, the blue rims reminds me of something out of the movie A Night At The Roxbury. 

But what do I know, my closet is like a kaleidoscope of flannel. And I go into paralysis when trying to pick out paint colors at Home Depot for my house. I'm no fashion diva. 

Don't judge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, rhicks said:

Wife liked the blue, I didn't.  I like the black and the white but had a hard time deciding.  Wife said "visibility."  I said okay, white.   Wife said, Okay get it.  Not going to argue. 🙂    

Sounds about the same.  My current ride, when I got it, was only offered in black or orange.  I was leaning to black, wife use the exact same word, "visibility".  So orange it was.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:59 PM, Cruizin said:

Yep, Im working on new forum logo and then Im gonna wrap the bike in it. 

Will we have Forum Merchandising stuff? Would be great to stick something on the bike, wear a shirt or a cap with the logo...

• Like 1

Off topic It's little different in Sweden. 

Black is number 1.

Blue number 2.

Ice white number 3.

Sow  its little different which color in different country. 

• Thanks 1