Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Soft Luggage Racks

Ktmmitch

Looks like a great set up...do B+B ship to the UK do you know...? I like the Adventure Spec rack too but it wouldn't work with my T7 specific OS base I don't think...Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fuz71 said:

Installed my racks after work tonight. Easy install and fits well with my B&B rear rack. Excellent soft luggage option. 

77F53B5B-DC58-4D6B-BF69-B8990DB21FCC.jpeg

62FAB4FC-ECF3-41BD-B9B6-7560DA644104.jpeg

Did you have any problems installing the muffler support bracket?  The mounting holes on mine were way off.  RR said they were sending me an updated version with spacers back in early Nov.

I installed mine with zero problems, was pretty straightforward. I was missing the extra spacers for the rear racks but Rally Raid sent them out to me right away after I informed them.

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SociallyStunted said:

Did you have any problems installing the muffler support bracket?  The mounting holes on mine were way off.  RR said they were sending me an updated version with spacers back in early Nov.

No issues. Just had all mounting points loose to get everything lined up first then just tightened it all up. 

• Like 1

No issues. It made a huge difference to leave all of the other attachments very loose. I did that from the beginning of the installation and I can see that the exhaust support would have been problematic if I hadn't done that. I actually tightened the exhaust bracket first.

Edited by Desert Mariner
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 2:11 AM, Per Christensen said:

I'm struggling a bit to get my OS12 and18 to fit straight, Could you show me which slots you used ?   

Here’s another option. I have the Kriega US dry pack fit kit installed under the pillion seat as pictured for attaching tail bags. Works equally well for OS18 or my US10 on the Rally Raid racks

BF9285C5-9995-4208-B356-BB76DA729FA8.jpeg

C11DA346-AA4F-405E-952D-209F1B4211A1.jpeg

2D34CDF6-38FC-4948-B59C-DF5F7D3EEB8C.jpeg

B7EB76E8-9963-41C5-8590-1D195A009D90.jpeg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Looks like a great set up...do B+B ship to the UK do you know...? I like the Adventure Spec rack too but it wouldn't work with my T7 specific OS base I don't think...Cheers,  Steve 

I’m in New Zealand, B&B ship worldwide I believe. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fuz71 said:

Here’s another option. I have the Kriega US dry pack fit kit installed under the pillion seat as pictured for attaching tail bags. Works equally well for OS18 or my US10 on the Rally Raid racks

Actually I was thinking about that, but it's a lot of weight (horizontal) on a strap that's only attached to plastic by one screw...you have had no issue ?    yamaha tenere us-drypack fitting.jpg

Edited by Per Christensen

59 minutes ago, Per Christensen said:

Actually I was thinking about that, but it's a lot of weight (horizontal) on a strap that's only attached to plastic by one screw...you have had no issue ?    yamaha tenere us-drypack fitting.jpg

l only installed the racks last night so no test yet.  Seemed logical to make use of them to anchor the top of my bags when I was trial fitting them. Won’t be much more than 3-4 kgs on either side with what I pack so remains to be seen if they are not up to the task. I’ll just use the available slots on the rack if it’s no good. 

Thanks for the heads up though. 

Cheers Julia 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fuz71 said:

l only installed the racks last night so no test yet.  Seemed logical to make use of them to anchor the top of my bags when I was trial fitting them. Won’t be much more than 3-4 kgs on either side with what I pack so remains to be seen if they are not up to the task. I’ll just use the available slots on the rack if it’s no good. 

Thanks for the heads up though. 

Cheers Julia 

I'm just thinking that the two top straps will take the full weight. Off road that could be an issue I guess. Or maybe I worry too much :-)

• Like 1

What if you ran full length straps from bag to bag under the seat instead of over it?

Edited by Simmons1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 12/24/2020 at 6:18 PM, Simmons1 said:

What if you ran full length straps from bag to bag under the seat instead of over it?

Not a bad idea...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, OK185 said:

Damn this looks clean and nice. Do you have a pic from the rear maybe?

I don't like how the Kriega OS kit looks but this is much better.

How did you mount on the underside?

Also @Ktmmitch why are your luggage holders priced so high? 260€ to get them in Europe. Adventure Spec side rack without shipping costs almost 50€ less and is made of Aluminum. For this money you can get the full rack from Outback Motortek. I don't understand the reason for this price. 

Don't know about difference in shipping, but our soft luggage racks are slightly more expensive, mainly due to the fact they are tubular frame and welded, which we prefer, and come complete with silencer support and different spacers to allow for figment of other makes of rear rack

7 hours ago, Ktmmitch said:

Don't know about difference in shipping, but our soft luggage racks are slightly more expensive, mainly due to the fact they are tubular frame and welded, which we prefer, and come complete with silencer support and different spacers to allow for figment of other makes of rear rack

Don’t forget they are set up for rotopax with the predrilled holes, and have bars down to the pillion pegs for extra support and those even have tie down loops so you can remove the pillion pegs and still strap your soft bags.

they are slightly more expensive but I think the value is much better.

Mike

10 hours ago, OK185 said:

Damn this looks clean and nice. Do you have a pic from the rear maybe?

I don't like how the Kriega OS kit looks but this is much better.

How did you mount on the underside?

Also @Ktmmitch why are your luggage holders priced so high? 260€ to get them in Europe. Adventure Spec side rack without shipping costs almost 50€ less and is made of Aluminum. For this money you can get the full rack from Outback Motortek. I don't understand the reason for this price. 

Had a picture from the back. Rack holes line up nicely at the bottom for the bag straps to loop through. I considered the OS base kit but didn’t like the potential for scratches on the plastic etc. I think these Rally Raid racks offer more versatility and sit nice and close to the bike. 

3B82E18A-9E36-4540-8292-EF1C854D04B0.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

Don’t forget they are set up for rotopax with the predrilled holes, and have bars down to the pillion pegs for extra support and those even have tie down loops so you can remove the pillion pegs and still strap your soft bags.

they are slightly more expensive but I think the value is much better.

Mike

Agreed. I reckon the Rally Raid racks are good value. Really versatile and look good on the bike, everything is there for fitting. I have the B&B compact rear rack. It was all very simple to fit. Don’t ask how much it was to ship to the other side of the world to New Zealand 🇳🇿 😳. In the middle of a pandemic UPS only took 5 days plus couple extra days to get through customs, can’t ask for better than that. 

On 1/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, Ktmmitch said:

Any updates on Rally Raid's rear rack for the T7? 

@Ktmmitch

I see that the Soft Luggage Racks are out of stock at the moment.  Can I still order them and take delivery when you get them or do I just need to put them in my 'wish list'.

Cheers,  Bob

PS.  I'm in UK.

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

@Ktmmitch

I see that the Soft Luggage Racks are out of stock at the moment.  Can I still order them and take delivery when you get them or do I just need to put them in my 'wish list'.

Cheers,  Bob

PS.  I'm in UK.

Back in stock next week, so order now to reserve

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 4:27 PM, Ktmmitch said:

Back in stock next week, so order now to reserve

Delivered in good time, very well packed.  Quality racks and fittings, well chuffed.  Thanks for your great service 👍

IMG_8083.thumb.JPEG.382efa52385bc65075a7b43caa1b52fe.JPEG

IMG_8084.thumb.JPEG.3e48e56bbd31364f0e5b1addec638085.JPEG

• Like 1

Yes, I have done this. Mosko moto tool roll, the larger of the two they make, with some voile straps.

Mike

587DC747-7A56-4D5D-A1E5-FDEA305658C2.thumb.jpeg.6a859ca6703f31b89e6ac0c04fb07e24.jpeg
F29B02E8-808A-4195-9B42-31216A06CE4C.thumb.jpeg.0197350a489670c5ad7cb94308937e9a.jpeg