Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Navigation Mounts 12mm

Matth

Ok found some nav mounts that may help, i know that the BMW mounts are very good after using them which are based on a 12mm bar.

1st pic of a F800 GS

SW Motech

Motopumps version.

C0A14DD1-49FD-467D-86CC-34068195C3C1.png

DA086582-8240-4031-93A4-C94030D6322F.png

974F24D4-E1D4-475B-93A6-F2984C0E74FA.png

Got the billet mount and its superb, thanks guys. Just need some gold rims now! 

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the Quad Lock (I already have the phone case - use it on my car/bicycle too) motorcycle mirror mount ($69.90) that has the appropriate 12mm option + motorcycle wireless charger ($99.95) and wired it to my 12V USB plug in front but it does come with a direct to battery cable I'll install later next time I have the seat off.

It's a bit pricey for what it is but I was already bought into the QL ecosystem and wireless is a big bonus for me on the bike.

Anyway, here are some pics. No pics of phone mounted because I didn't have a 2nd camera handy at the time, haha.

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

• Like 1

Has anyone wired their mount directly to the battery? To other connections maybe in the headlight assembly area? Thinking about doing this as a project, but am unfamiliar how easy Yamaha’s are with electric wiring

• Premium Member

There are two switched and fused power connectors under the right-hand-side (throttle side) side fairing.  One is meant for oem heated grips, and the other is for other accessories.  I would connect to one of those, I plant to, gps and heated grips on my T7. 

Tazmool

• Like 2

Ok , whether it be just for certain markets, 

my navigation connector was under the left hand fairing. Heated grips was under the right hand fairing 

I bought this phone holder from Amazon for 19,99€. It only goes down to 15mm but I just made another packing piece from some rubber I had from a cycle light mount. It's very sturdy & has a lock to hold the phone in the case.

20200706_170430.jpg

20200706_170420.jpg

If you have the new Garmin Zumo XT you might want to check out Touratech for their upcoming LOCKING mount. This mount fits on the 12mm bar above the instrument cluster but they also offer a 12mm cross bar mount for the handle bar mounts. I placed an order around the 18th and the estimated availability showed 4 weeks. Price on the locking mount is $174.95 and the handle bar mount is $79.95.

Edited by Mike S
misspell

Bear in mind with gps actual mounts if there is underneath support it will hit the top of the dashboard and have to be angled up. If the GPS dock has left and right grips that will be ok.

this is  mine version with the garmin XT

7F9D6B52-7AC5-40AA-9FFB-CF9D74C850E2.jpeg

I wanted to avoid blocking the view of the trail ahead so I prefer to mount my Garmin Zumo XT on the handlebar mounts. I have the Garmin Zumo XT and the bar risers and the Touratech XT Mount on order. Now all I need is for my T7 to arrive!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 11:44 PM, Tazmool said:

There are two switched and fused power connectors under the right-hand-side (throttle side) side fairing.  One is meant for oem heated grips, and the other is for other accessories.  I would connect to one of those, I plant to, gps and heated grips on my T7. 

Tazmool

Anyone have a pic of these? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey81 said:

Anyone have a pic of these? 

I can't seem to find the photos in this forum but here are the two posts on Facebook regarding to the plugs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Tenere700/permalink/850685048776576/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Tenere700/permalink/819080461937035/

if you can't access them, I will drag the photos out later.

• Thanks 1

Ill just have to join the group and I should be able to see them. 

• Like 1

It's under the right front panel.  Pretty easy to get to, but they didn't give us the mating connector.  Anybody know what type of connector this is?   I wonder if something from the auto parts store will work?

2020-07-22 14.04.57.jpg

2020-07-22 14.11.40.jpg

2020-07-22 14.14.26.jpg

Edited by papab
  • Like 2

This is the connector you need. The yam heated grips had it already on so plug n play but i used the connector on the left hand side for the nav which I believe is the 3 amp connector.

A61FEC11-CD3E-4062-8BCD-9DD796B4EE11.png

Edited by Matth

That doesn't look at all like the aux power connector in my photo

• Like 2

Thanks @papab. I'll be in there this weekend to check it out. I picked up some new turn signals and Ill be installing them as soon as I get a free minute around the house.

I bought a connector pair from the auto parts store and cut off the OEM one.   Now I just have to figure out where I want to mount the zumo

2020-07-22 16.40.14.jpg

2020-07-22 17.43.09.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, papab said:

It's under the right front panel.  Pretty easy to get to, but they didn't give us the mating connector.  Anybody know what type of connector this is?   I wonder if something from the auto parts store will work?

2020-07-22 14.04.57.jpg

2020-07-22 14.11.40.jpg

2020-07-22 14.14.26.jpg

I'm still pretty new to Yamaha (well, Japanese really) connectors, but I thiiink perhaps it's Yazaki 090 Series?

If I'm getting this right, the right hand side of the bike has one Sumitomo (3 wire) male connector and one Yazaki (2 wire) female connector?

Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

@loneranger700 Did you find a US resource for the 2 pin connectors?  I saw you mentioned Eastern Beaver in another post,  but didn't see where you had found the correct connectors. I've looked the site over,but wasn't able to positively identify if they have the correct ones. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:58 PM, loneranger700 said:

I'm still pretty new to Yamaha (well, Japanese really) connectors, but I thiiink perhaps it's Yazaki 090 Series?

If I'm getting this right, the right hand side of the bike has one Sumitomo (3 wire) male connector and one Yazaki (2 wire) female connector?

Hi. Did you ever manage to confirm that the 2 pin connector is a Yazaki 090? 

24 minutes ago, Treps said:

Hi. Did you ever manage to confirm that the 2 pin connector is a Yazaki 090? 

Oh hey man. It's definitely not the 2 pin connector. I did however manage to connect the female lead that I bought to the left connector by dremeling the inside a bit until it slid in. They both have the same metal connections, just a different housing. You can't buy the male lead and connect it to the female lead (on the right side) though. It won't fit and I don't think you can just dremel the hole to be bigger.

I think there's an easier way through ebay. They sell the actual type. Found it on this forum I believe. I don't think I ever bought it though.

Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 1