Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Soft Luggage

Welcome to the forum, it is nice to have a vendor with such quality products on board. 

Aleks 😊 

• Like 2

👋🏼Welcome.

The Nomad is really good piece of luggage. Mounted the NAVIGATOR CELL PHONE POCKET on top beside a Maxpedition pouch. Both great additions.

What I would appreciate is a black version of the cellphone pocket. And maybe a bit smaller one (for regular IPhone size). 

38806725uo.jpeg

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/17/2020 at 12:14 AM, bikeever said:

👋🏼Welcome.

The Nomad is really good piece of luggage. Mounted the NAVIGATOR CELL PHONE POCKET on top beside a Maxpedition pouch. Both great additions.

What I would appreciate is a black version of the cellphone pocket. And maybe a bit smaller one (for regular IPhone size). 

38806725uo.jpeg

A black version of the Navigator is in the works, so no worries there. Curious what you mean about a smaller version, because with the provided insert it should accommodate all ranges of iPhones. Is this not the case for your particular phone?

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/16/2020 at 10:46 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

Welcome to the forum, it is nice to have a vendor with such quality products on board. 

Aleks 😊 

Thanks for the compliment, we're stoked to be a part of the community!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mosko_Moto said:

A black version of the Navigator is in the works, so no worries there. Curious what you mean about a smaller version, because with the provided insert it should accommodate all ranges of iPhones. Is this not the case for your particular phone?

Great to get the colour option👍🏻

Just was wondering if a smaller version wouldn’t need the foam insert. For not to have such a lot unused material around the phon...

Cheers

Martin

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
7 minutes ago, bikeever said:

Great to get the colour option👍🏻

Just was wondering if a smaller version wouldn’t need the foam insert. For not to have such a lot unused material around the phon...

Cheers

Martin

I see what you mean, that is something we could certainly consider for our next round of Navigators. Thanks for the feedback!

• Thanks 1

Reckless worked flawlessly again this weekend.  773 miles, 500 on dirt roads.  Crossed The Craters of the Moon National monument.  The Reckless fits the T7 so well you forget it’s there.  Outstanding piece of equipment.  I may get one of the smaller versions for my KLX.

I thought the dry bags might be a PIA accessing while traveling.  Turns out it is very easy to stop and layer up or down getting gear in or out while it’s on the bike.

Not complaining but on Rev 3.0 make one of the waterproof document pouches on the beaver tail sized to hold regular sized folding maps.  Tank bags are a no go for me.

7006555F-A248-4AEA-B1DF-F955B6B36ADE.jpeg

4CAD01B5-89E7-4FB0-B994-A8090110E987.jpeg

041F66DD-7E94-4544-8261-6A05E6DCFD75.jpeg

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 7

Reckless 80s for me as well, combined with an Adventure Spec rack you lift the bags to a point that I don’t need the heat shield and I can remove the seat to get to my tools without removing the entire set up. 

Been wondering if the army molle pouches fit the Mosko set up, anyone any ideas?

17A4C669-B2D8-43B2-87A1-40C03DAF56A7.jpeg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lank45 said:

Been wondering if the army molle pouches fit the Mosko set up, anyone any ideas?

I put different Maxpedition pouches on the top of the Nomad. MOLLE webbing from Mosko is full compatible to all MOLLE stuff you can get on the market in my opinion. 

Edited by bikeever

I just put the hood tank bag on my 700. It fits perfect with all the different angles. 
There isn’t a perfect cross bar to mount rear lower straps to so I doubled the lashing strap back to itself. Easier to see in the picture.

And if anyone in Denver wants to see the Reckless 40, 80, Hood tank bag or the Basilisk Jacket/Pants in person, just let me know. 

cheers, Forrest

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Bucket Boy
  • Like 2

The Reckless 80 looks very good! I'm considering purchasing this for the Tenere.
Question: which rack do you use? Or can it be used rackless and, if so, how do you tie it up at the rear?

• Like 1

No rack needed.  I wrap the three rear straps around the tail.  R&G has some tie down points if you want to bin the rear pegs.

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 3

If you want to buy a set of used once Reckless 80s you are more than welcome to mine along with the Adventure Spec rack...

One ride in with 45 miles on dirt and 150 miles on road and I’ve got...

- a knackered rear fairing

- a wear spot on the exhaust hanger

- a hole worn in the Mosko panniers

I’m not impressed at all, even with everything cinched down so you could lift the bike up via the Moskos I’ve still ended up with the above. Never got this with my Giant Loops before and really disappointed.

I expected west but not like this and not after one ride!

703027C7-C200-429E-BBF5-3B3204C3168D.jpeg

94C4E053-8BAC-4C70-B152-6666E171F833.jpeg

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Lank45 said:

Holy Hell!  That is bad.  I would be upset (understatement).  I'll go check mine.  I don't use a rack and the Reckless form fits the seat and side panels.

Ok, I just pulled the Reckless off the bike to check for abrasion.  I've got over 1000 miles with it loaded on the bike.  Over 500 miles on dirt roads.  I've got zero wear or abrasion on any part of the bike or the vinyl wrap.

(ignore the dirt)

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Idarex said:

Ok, I just pulled the Reckless off the bike to check for abrasion.  I've got over 1000 miles with it loaded on the bike.  Over 500 miles on dirt roads.  I've got zero wear or abrasion on any part of the bike or the vinyl wrap.

(ignore the dirt)

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

Stupid question... how tight were yours fitted. Mine couldn’t be moved at all but it’s clearly movement that’s done the rubbing. Disappointed is an understatement and genuinely considering moving them on. Considering whether the mud we’ve had could of contributed?!

• Like 1

My first ride, over 1000 miles, was wicked tight.  My 2nd ride, over 500 dirt, I made it snug but not wicked tight.  

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, Idarex said:

Reckless worked flawlessly again this weekend.  773 miles, 500 on dirt roads.  Crossed The Craters of the Moon National monument.  The Reckless fits the T7 so well you forget it’s there.  Outstanding piece of equipment.  I may get one of the smaller versions for my KLX.

I thought the dry bags might be a PIA accessing while traveling.  Turns out it is very easy to stop and layer up or down getting gear in or out while it’s on the bike.

Not complaining but on Rev 3.0 make one of the waterproof document pouches on the beaver tail sized to hold regular sized folding maps.  Tank bags are a no go for me.

7006555F-A248-4AEA-B1DF-F955B6B36ADE.jpeg

4CAD01B5-89E7-4FB0-B994-A8090110E987.jpeg

041F66DD-7E94-4544-8261-6A05E6DCFD75.jpeg

Bike and bags both look great, must have been a fun ride. Who made you wrap?

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, Lank45 said:

Reckless 80s for me as well, combined with an Adventure Spec rack you lift the bags to a point that I don’t need the heat shield and I can remove the seat to get to my tools without removing the entire set up. 

Good to know the fitment with that AS rack, and yes, any MOLLE accessories should fit our webbing.

(We only say "should" because we can't vouch for every manufacturers quality control standards, only our own.)

38 minutes ago, Idarex said:

My first ride, over 1000 miles, was wicked tight.  My 2nd ride, over 500 dirt, I made it snug but not wicked tight.  

I was the same, super tight... don’t get the damage at all. I’ve messaged Mosko, let’s see what they say but I’m pissed about the exhaust hanger more than anything as it can’t be replaced. The panels can but it’s still really disappointing. 

Edited by Lank45
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
8 hours ago, MDB1 said:

The Reckless 80 looks very good! I'm considering purchasing this for the Tenere.
Question: which rack do you use? Or can it be used rackless and, if so, how do you tie it up at the rear?

You have a lot of great options for rear racks, as others have pointed out in this thread. Although you don't need one to run the R80 on this bike we would suggest a tail rack for a more secure fit especially in rough conditions.

• Supporting Vendor
6 hours ago, Idarex said:

No rack needed.  I wrap the three rear straps around the tail.  R&G has some tie down points if you want to bin the rear pegs.

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

Hadn't seen those R&G tie down points before, they look solid. You could also use one of our cleat kits in that same spot.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Lank45 said:

If you want to buy a set of used once Reckless 80s you are more than welcome to mine along with the Adventure Spec rack...

I’m not impressed at all, even with everything cinched down so you could lift the bike up via the Moskos I’ve still ended up with the above. Never got this with my Giant Loops before and really disappointed.

I expected west but not like this and not after one ride!

703027C7-C200-429E-BBF5-3B3204C3168D.jpeg

94C4E053-8BAC-4C70-B152-6666E171F833.jpeg

Wow, this is the first we have seen something like this happen on the T7 (Even with the same Adventure Spec rack).

Do you have pictures from the ride/ how you had the R80 secured?

Also, was this with the new Reckless 80 v3 Revolver or an older v2? 

That is a real bummer, especially on a new bike! Let's see what we can do to resolve it, and make sure it doesn't happen to any other T7's. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1