Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Soft Luggage

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/22/2020 at 2:39 PM, Bucket Boy said:

I just put the hood tank bag on my 700. It fits perfect with all the different angles. 
There isn’t a perfect cross bar to mount rear lower straps to so I doubled the lashing strap back to itself. Easier to see in the picture.

And if anyone in Denver wants to see the Reckless 40, 80, Hood tank bag or the Basilisk Jacket/Pants in person, just let me know. 

cheers, Forrest

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for sharing that tank bag fitment trick, and also for offering to show people our products!

Thanks for replying Mosko, happy for your help and I’ll message with some details. I was using your cleat kit exactly where Idarex is using the R&G luggage hoop. 

I’m using v2, bought in September 2019 at the NEC in the UK. First time using them this weekend on my dads Father’s Day ride in all weather. They worked perfect but really have spoilt my new bike (800 miles)

Edited by Lank45
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, Lank45 said:

Thanks for replying Mosko, happy for your help and I’ll message with some details. I was using your cleat kit exactly where Idarex is using the R&G luggage hoop. 

I’m using v2, bought in September 2019 at the NEC in the UK. First time using them this weekend on my dads Father’s Day ride in all weather. They worked perfect but really have spoilt my new bike (800 miles)

Part of the issue in this particular case could be the difference in fit between the v2 and v3 Revolver. The v2 has a set leg angle where the Revolver allows you to rotate the legs to dial in the fit. 

This is moskomoto scout25l there is bag inside but empty and you see without bag just close mechanism

20200620_184259_HDR.jpg

20200620_184245.jpg

20200620_184237_HDR.jpg

20200625_191317.jpg

• Like 2

But honestly, you have to deal with scratches when using reckless systems. It’s not a specific Mosko issue...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bikeever said:

But honestly, you have to deal with scratches when using reckless systems. It’s not a specific Mosko issue...

Yep, clear vinyl or duct tape over at risk areas/touch points. Any dust, gravel, sand, mud etc getting between the bags and unprotected panels is going to cause damage. Cheers.

• Like 4

Making James May look quick!

Agree with the above, helicopter tape was used in at risk areas. It went through and beyond the paint and into the panel!! 

Mosko have reached out to help sort which is great, will report back what the outcome is.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 8:43 PM, Gezgin Endurocu said:

This is moskomoto scout25l there is bag inside but empty and you see without bag just close mechanism

20200620_184259_HDR.jpg

20200620_184245.jpg

20200620_184237_HDR.jpg

20200625_191317.jpg

Wich rack paniers do you have?

Thanks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lupan said:

Wich rack paniers do you have?

Thanks

Handmade not any brand 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/30/2020 at 10:51 PM, kami916 said:

I was considering this exact setup with the Adventure Spec rack. Like to see a report of what happened.

The combination of that rack and our V2 Reckless 80 did not play well in @Lank45's case. 

You can find many other members in this thread that have had great success with our v3 Reckless 80 with or without a rack. 

• Like 1

I can attest to having ZERO problems with my V2 Reckless 80. One trip alone was almost 1,400 miles of mixed pavement and dirt on my 690. I could see from the start that it laid on the plastic so I purchased some 3M clear bra tape vinyl, cut it to fit where it was under the bags and rode from hell to heaven. When I got home, I peeled off the tape and the plastic looked brand new. I'd suggest this to anyone using any gear, Mosko, Giant Loop....tank bags,,, gas bags... as the vibration from straps, bags etc will rub it raw. 

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 6/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, Lank45 said:

If you want to buy a set of used once Reckless 80s you are more than welcome to mine along with the Adventure Spec rack...

One ride in with 45 miles on dirt and 150 miles on road and I’ve got...

- a knackered rear fairing

- a wear spot on the exhaust hanger

- a hole worn in the Mosko panniers

I’m not impressed at all, even with everything cinched down so you could lift the bike up via the Moskos I’ve still ended up with the above. Never got this with my Giant Loops before and really disappointed.

I expected west but not like this and not after one ride!

703027C7-C200-429E-BBF5-3B3204C3168D.jpeg

94C4E053-8BAC-4C70-B152-6666E171F833.jpeg

Hindsight question I know, but would the Adventure Spec side racks have prevented this?

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

I can attest to having ZERO problems with my V2 Reckless 80. One trip alone was almost 1,400 miles of mixed pavement and dirt on my 690. I could see from the start that it laid on the plastic so I purchased some 3M clear bra tape vinyl, cut it to fit where it was under the bags and rode from hell to heaven. When I got home, I peeled off the tape and the plastic looked brand new. I'd suggest this to anyone using any gear, Mosko, Giant Loop....tank bags,,, gas bags... as the vibration from straps, bags etc will rub it raw. 

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

Thanks for hopping in and sharing your experience, looks like you and that 690 had some good times!

• Supporting Vendor
17 hours ago, CAJW said:

Hindsight question I know, but would the Adventure Spec side racks have prevented this?

Yes, the side luggage racks from Adventure Spec would have certainly prevented this, where as the rear rack alone seems to be the point of abrasion to the R80 harness. 

• Like 2

I don't use any racks and I have 2551 miles on the bike.  Over 1700 of that is with the Reckless 80 on the bike with a full camp/kitchen/fuel/water and 3-4 days of socks/undies.  Approx ~800 of those miles are on dirt.  I've dropped the bike twice with the Reckless fully loaded on it.  The reckless rides flush against the body work.  I have zero scratches.  I'll run out and snap a couple pics.  Last weekend in Idaho I did Dollar Hide twice, Trout Creek Summit,  Bear Creek Summit, and Antelope Summit (2x crash and 8-10 hours of dirt) with the Reckless mounted.  I can't say enough good things about this bike or the Reckless system.  So glad I bought the T7.

Edit:  Looks like I've got some dirt on the padding.  The fine powder kind.

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 6

• Moderators

The underside of your R80 looks to be of softer material than my V.1 R40. That might explain the difference in no damage to your side panels.

Not my pic, snagged from ADVrider, but mine is the same.

IMG_20200705_120007.jpg

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Wow!  That is completely different.  The V3 has high quality 1/2" foam pads under the entire rig.

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
On 7/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, Idarex said:

I don't use any racks and I have 2551 miles on the bike.  Over 1700 of that is with the Reckless 80 on the bike with a full camp/kitchen/fuel/water and 3-4 days of socks/undies.  Approx ~800 of those miles are on dirt.  I've dropped the bike twice with the Reckless fully loaded on it.  The reckless rides flush against the body work.  I have zero scratches.  I'll run out and snap a couple pics.  Last weekend in Idaho I did Dollar Hide twice, Trout Creek Summit,  Bear Creek Summit, and Antelope Summit (2x crash and 8-10 hours of dirt) with the Reckless mounted.  I can't say enough good things about this bike or the Reckless system.  So glad I bought the T7.

Edit:  Looks like I've got some dirt on the padding.  The fine powder kind.

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

Thanks for chiming in with your experience, love the look of that wrap!

• Supporting Vendor
On 7/9/2020 at 8:20 PM, CAJW said:

The underside of your R80 looks to be of softer material than my V.1 R40. That might explain the difference in no damage to your side panels.

Not my pic, snagged from ADVrider, but mine is the same.

IMG_20200705_120007.jpg

Yes, the v3 Reckless 80 Revolver has an upgraded undercarriage as will the v3 Reckless 40. So far we've found that it mitigates a lot of abrasion issues, but still does not prevent them entirely. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 7/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, Idarex said:

Wow!  That is completely different.  The V3 has high quality 1/2" foam pads under the entire rig.

Sure does, as will the new Reckless 40! (and all other versions moving forward)

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 7/11/2020 at 8:47 AM, Lank45 said:

V2 underside as I was running, similar to the V1B1522048-F143-4714-A38C-DE67EFA90163.jpeg.4d4570206a119e762cc401c8ee611bc4.jpeg

Do you mind sharing a picture of the hole that was worn into your R80 @Lank45 so anyone else with a V2 could try to avoid the same issue? Also, the way it was mounted on your T7 with the Adventure Spec rear rack? Just thinking this could be helpful to other members.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mosko_Moto said:

Do you mind sharing a picture of the hole that was worn into your R80 so anyone else with a V2 could try to avoid the same issue? Also, the way it was mounted on your T7 with the Adventure Spec rear rack? Just thinking this could be helpful to other members.

If you put the at symbol ahead of the person you're addressing,  they'll receive a message notifying them of the post, just incase they aren't followingthe thread@Lank45

• Like 1