Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Soft Luggage

15 hours ago, doniv said:

Looks like the Revolver 80 is back in stock now. Before I place an order, I wanted to check if it would play well with the Yamaha OEM rear rack on my T7. Does anyone know?

I was stoked to get an email this morning that the Revolver 80 is back in stock and promptly ordered mine along with an Nomax tank bag!

I think it will sit on and strap down to your bare passenger seat/fender or any of the T7 racks out there, that's exactly what this system is designed to do.

Mosko had a booth set up at the BMW rally in Great falls, MT last month and I can say all of the Mosko products are extremely well designed and thought out. They actually had a T7 sitting there outfitted with some of their gear which was pretty cool to see especially since my own T7 was still on order at the time. While we were checking out the T7 setup Pete Day came over,  introduced himself and took the time to go through and show us their entire product line. Their reckless system is adaptable and adjustable to pretty much any bike out there.

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, Cameron. What I'm unsure about is whether the revolver will fit over the large handles of the Yamaha OEM rack or whether there's some system to get it to pass through those handles. I am waiting to pull the trigger myself on both the revolver and nomax and have an email out to them asking for a clarification.

@doniv don't own the OEM rack, but I'd say they'll fit. It's not like there's anything exact on the measurements. Harness is quite stiff, so it doesn't need to rest on side panels for support.

Of course there might be more scuffing on the bottom part of the rear fairing, but I'd say, that if you're afraid of that, rackless bags in general, no matter who made them, are probably not your cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong, hypolon backing is great and reduces scratches significantly, but when ever you have sand and movement going on, sooner or later there will be some scratching.

• Like 1

I pulled the trigger on 80's as well, excited to try them. Anyone use these with the AS Side Luggage Racks? I think that's by ideal setup.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried or know if the Reckless 80 will work with the Camel high exhaust? Just looking at photos I'm "guessing" no

• 4 weeks later...

20211021_143121.thumb.jpg.cc5db815161ac9cb9e02b986bd848b57.jpgSimilarly has anyone tried the Camel high exhaust with Mosko Reckless 40 and Giant Loop Mojavi? I have both Giant Loop for day trips and Reckless 40 for longer trips. I haven't been able to use the Reckless due to injuries but I am looking at exhaust options for T7. I have only ridden the T7 Offroad and am not thrilled about the stock exhaust bending and plan on doing extended trips with R40 once healthy. 

Edited by Truckeemtb
Added photo

On 9/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, Tetched said:

Has anyone tried or know if the Reckless 80 will work with the Camel high exhaust? Just looking at photos I'm "guessing" no

I've been using it successfully. Mind you, I've got the Yamaha rear rack, which pushes out the R80 away from the bodywork and helps it clear the exhaust. Also, I have the R80 saddling the rear seat and not the rack.4784F337-32DC-4F9B-AAB2-B84F17E40C0B.thumb.jpeg.2a100a8453ba77666846dd2b11275891.jpeg

1 minute ago, doniv said:

I've been using it successfully. Mind you, I've got the Yamaha rear rack, which pushes out the R80 away from the bodywork and helps it clear the exhaust. Also, I have the R80 saddling the rear seat and not the rack.4784F337-32DC-4F9B-AAB2-B84F17E40C0B.thumb.jpeg.2a100a8453ba77666846dd2b11275891.jpeg

Thanks 

On 10/26/2021 at 6:56 PM, doniv said:

Thanks. That's great. Looks like the cockpit might be a little tight but probably a great backrest. Setting up mine for long range. Planning on the Dalton and Dempster next year. Just about everything is Camel on mine with few exceptions. 

• 10 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 2:39 PM, Mosko_Moto said:

Good to know the fitment with that AS rack, and yes, any MOLLE accessories should fit our webbing.

(We only say "should" because we can't vouch for every manufacturers quality control standards, only our own.)

I've got the AS Rack and love it. I wanted Tusk Highland x2 bags, but they are out of stock. Moto Rechless 80 is my next choice, but the price point is just hard to choke down. North of $700 with tax and shipping has me paused not wanting to pull the trigger for the set. If I want the extra packs, it's going to be just about $900 to my door. Crazy, I'm stuck in analysis paralysis here. 🙂

Edited by Splix

• 11 months later...

I'm patiently waiting on the T7 I put a deposit on today.

I have the Backcountry 35 symmetrical system on my Africa Twin, what rack is recommended for using these on the T7 to maintain a symmetrical appearance?

At some point I will get the Camel ADV auxiliary fuel tank, so that space being available is a concern for me.

@Mosko_Moto