Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Soft Luggage

• Supporting Vendor
7 minutes ago, CAJW said:

If you put the at symbol ahead of the person you're addressing,  they'll receive a message notifying them of the post, just incase they aren't followingthe thread@Lank45

Good catch, thanks @CAJW!

• Premium Member

Threw my Soft saddle bag (SW Motec / Yamaha MT-09) panniers on to the Tenere then fired tent across pillion seat. And fitted my super Mosko Moto Pico Tankbag. That is me set for Camping trip this weekend 😁

39B4A6AF-2D6F-466B-A048-A4FD220B512D.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi, I am mostly doing solo trips, but once per month my girlfriend goes on weekend trip with me and I am wondering if its possible to mount reckless 80 revolver further back on rear rack in that case? I know this is not how these bags are supposed to work but bags are 100% perfect for me and I don't want to buy another bags just because of once per month weekend trip. 

I also've seen that beaver tail is now removable in v3 so that could be also solution, but I haven't seen it in real so I don't know if how thick is it and if pillion would be able to sit with bags on without beaver tail. 

So if anyone with Revolver bags could provide me with some info it would be much appreciated. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Difference between V2.0 and V3.0 Reckless 80:

Just thought I should post some pictures of both bags on the same bike. As you can see the V3.0 fits perfectly!

V3.0 fits “high and tight”. Off of the exhaust and the left side doesn’t sway into the tire. This is important for me because I simply do not use a rack.

V3

56414758-799C-4645-B54F-0CB2C3FC100B.jpeg

4DC84724-017B-47CB-B0A8-0642F736F24F.jpeg

Edited by Bucket Boy

On 7/17/2020 at 8:50 AM, splitdec said:

Hi, I am mostly doing solo trips, but once per month my girlfriend goes on weekend trip with me and I am wondering if its possible to mount reckless 80 revolver further back on rear rack in that case? I know this is not how these bags are supposed to work but bags are 100% perfect for me and I don't want to buy another bags just because of once per month weekend trip. 

I also've seen that beaver tail is now removable in v3 so that could be also solution, but I haven't seen it in real so I don't know if how thick is it and if pillion would be able to sit with bags on without beaver tail. 

So if anyone with Revolver bags could provide me with some info it would be much appreciated. 

Great question @splitdec

You can do it both ways. If you have a rear rack you can simply move the bags that much further back and not deal with a Beavertail at all. There’s enough room:

884F9FA9-D28E-4A1B-8EF0-A7A276C63A69.jpeg

16579357-AED4-48C6-A8DA-8B511E29168A.jpeg

Edited by Bucket Boy
  • Like 3

Continued:

option number two is leave it mounted in the forward position and remove the Beavertail bag. You can simply sit on the material or it would be really easy to make a small cover that goes on to the Velcro. In this position with a pillion I would rotate the legs down more like the older version 2.0 which I just posted pictures of on here as well. Let me know if you have any other questions or a picture of a different mounting position. Cheers, Forrest.

0B1BBF95-0952-40E3-B535-3D1D2AC80186.jpeg

19CAB690-8FC8-4AE8-A726-6C3B3372ECB4.jpeg

Edited by Bucket Boy
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, Bucket Boy said:

Continued:

option number two is leave it mounted in the forward position and remove the Beavertail bag. You can simply sit on the material or it would be really easy to make a small cover that goes on to the Velcro. In this position with a pillion I would rotate the legs down more like the older version 2.0 which I just posted pictures of on here as well. Let me know if you have any other questions or a picture of a different mounting position. Cheers, Forrest.

0B1BBF95-0952-40E3-B535-3D1D2AC80186.jpeg

19CAB690-8FC8-4AE8-A726-6C3B3372ECB4.jpeg

Thank you! Thank you very much for all time that you took to make picture of both examples. This removed all my doubts and now I am only waiting for new stock to be added on europe site and I am getting one of these for sure. Thanks one more time!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 AM, kami916 said:

I was considering this exact setup with the Adventure Spec rack. Like to see a report of what happened.

I’m also considering this setup, as I already have the AS rack fitted. Maybe fitting additional rails along the panel, to keep the Mosko Moto V3 off the side panels, is worth considering. 

Edited by FredBasset

Was just wondering as I know theres a fair few people interested in this setup for their T7’s, hows about Mosko Moto doing a forum discount of say 10% on a group buy. Would be a nice gesture from them in these difficult times. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Meister said:

Was just wondering as I know theres a fair few people interested in this setup for their T7’s, hows about Mosko Moto doing a forum discount of say 10% on a group buy. Would be a nice gesture from them in these difficult times. 

Yep, I second that please. I’m thinking about the Reckless Revolver V3 and a Nomad tank bag. I’m sure there are many more, that are thinking about this and it would be a great gesture by Mosko Moto, for forum members. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/3/2020 at 9:13 AM, Bucket Boy said:

V3

20824BA1-C4BF-4D0A-8E26-02A4AD74BA34.jpeg

FDB03C5E-0585-4940-9EC5-0DDF1F84C24B.jpeg

Since you don't use a rear rack how do you support the rear the of the harness?  Do you wrap all 3 straps around the tail section like the other user did?

TIA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For you guys with the Reckless 80, I noticed a few folks are not strapping the dry bags down like i saw Mosko recommend. If you look on the holster, there are two straps with swivels, when you put the dry bags in you are supposed to unclip the dry bag clips from each other and clip them into the two straps on the holter, then the large strap goes over the top of the dry bag.

At least that is how I saw them in some videos I watched. though thinking about it since those straps are on swivels the only thing keeping the rolls closed, other than the top straps. 

image.png.0651032129b0596b57304076d3e64a40.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of a very minimalistic bar to attach the tree straps on the back of the Revolver 3.0 to?

I don’t like the look and weight of a full rack on the back so I am looking for something minimal but sturdy at the back to prevent the harness from slipping forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simonr said:

Does anyone know of a very minimalistic bar to attach the tree straps on the back of the Revolver 3.0 to?

I don’t like the look and weight of a full rack on the back so I am looking for something minimal but sturdy at the back to prevent the harness from slipping forward.

See below. Idarex posted this on page 1 of this thread. I think it applies:

On 6/24/2020 at 7:21 AM, Idarex said:

No rack needed.  I wrap the three rear straps around the tail.  R&G has some tie down points if you want to bin the rear pegs.

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 12:03 PM, Mosko_Moto said:

We'd like to open up this thread to our customers to show off your Mosko luggage, and also ask any questions related to our products. 

When do you anticipate being stocked again on Reckless systems?

• Like 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, TexasRider said:

@TexasRider Welcome to the forum. To ensure the member you're addressing sees your question,  you can insert the @ symbol ahead of their name and they'll be notified.   @Mosko_Moto

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 3/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, TexasRider said:

This week. (Fingers Crossed!)

• Like 1

Are there any thoughts of making an upgrade kit that adds the padded foam from the revolver 3 to the version 1 for us early supporters on Mosko that are still using the original reckless.  Just bought a new T7 and would like to have more protection for the bike.   I didn’t really care about the beater DRZ or the KLR that there were originally on 😃.

thanks Mark 

Here are some pics of my Reckless R80 with my Rally Raid racks and SW Motech rear rack. I stuck the mosko heat shield on the exhaust and hung the tools down low there. 

I have to re pack since I just had the stuff on there to kinda get a feel for it, but i have just enough room for everything. I packed my tent and everything up a while ago and now can't remember if the footprint and all that is in there with it anymore 🙂

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d7.thumb.jpg.78675461f9a7348f851de2e3e574bb73.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d8.thumb.jpg.c87464ece2f3d2f30326eac7a70f79da.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d6.thumb.jpg.267a17cf79a56eb72c84a7d7a64e11ea.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d5.thumb.jpg.9e0391c1e3c1486d6422de2309f86697.jpg

Mike

@JayD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

Here are some pics of my Reckless R80 with my Rally Raid racks and SW Motech rear rack. I stuck the mosko heat shield on the exhaust and hung the tools down low there. 

I have to re pack since I just had the stuff on there to kinda get a feel for it, but i have just enough room for everything. I packed my tent and everything up a while ago and now can't remember if the footprint and all that is in there with it anymore 🙂

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d7.thumb.jpg.78675461f9a7348f851de2e3e574bb73.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d8.thumb.jpg.c87464ece2f3d2f30326eac7a70f79da.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d6.thumb.jpg.267a17cf79a56eb72c84a7d7a64e11ea.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d5.thumb.jpg.9e0391c1e3c1486d6422de2309f86697.jpg

Mike

@JayD

This is the first picture i've seen with a topbox on T7, does it have any effect on the handling?

6 hours ago, electric_monk said:

This is the first picture i've seen with a topbox on T7, does it have any effect on the handling?

It's fine on its own. I haven't quite sorted out how i am going to long distance travel on this bike yet so still figuring it out. have my food and a couple other things in the top box. I think on a longer trip i would like to try to move the reckless back, though the rear rack is a little in the way, but maybe move it back just a bit, and use the stinger bag and put the tent and stuff on the rack. 

I'm camping and it's going to be pretty cold so i have some extra layers and stuff I would probably not normally have. 

Mike

• 4 months later...

Looks like the Revolver 80 is back in stock now. Before I place an order, I wanted to check if it would play well with the Yamaha OEM rear rack on my T7. Does anyone know?