Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best tubes brand or sizes?

Calibre

On 4/14/2022 at 8:07 AM, Rocky_Mtn_T7 said:

Slightly off topic, but something I have used in tube and tubeless tires is Ride-On Tire Sealant and Balancing Gel. I have found it helps extend the life of the tire because it keeps the tire balanced as it wears. Which also results in way more even tire wear and way less un-even tire wear like cupping &/or flat spots.

I installed it in my DR650SE tires and it even made the bike feel more stable at speed. After switching out the last set of tires on the DR, with a new set of the same Heidenau K60 Scout. The DR definitely was not as stable on the highway with no Ride-On installed in the tires. I will say I lucked out with no punctures on the DR, but with some of the videos on YouTube, this stuff definitely works with smaller punctures. I also ran my FZ-09 with Ride-On and it definitely works great with my street bike.

https://www.ride-on.com/us/support/tire-types/motorcycle-formula

Having to change out my front hd tube as it's had Slime brand  tyre sealant in for two years, recommendation is the product is no longer serviceable after that period of time and a new tube should be used, last set of tyres I didn't balance and pretty much got away with it, but they are starting to bounce a little to much at lower speeds on road now.

Has anyone has success with Ride-on tyre sealant/ balancer in a tubed tyre.

I'm sure it seals ok it's more the balance side of the product I'm interested in.

TIA