Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Footpeg alternatives

Magz

Anyone got experience with other footpegs than stock?  Find the stock ones too narrow for my taste.  

Edit: I did find after posting this, a similar question under general discussion with some answers.

Edited by Magz

Ive ordered some Touratech works pegs so will let you know what I think when they arrive 

A4D5FE6C-FAEF-4D64-8896-50469E91B945.png

Edited by Matth
  • Like 1

Pivot Pegz. Used them on the last 4 bikes and about to order for the T7

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

@Rich TThas some bling titanium ones... But I can't find the post now.. He might post some pictures 👍😉📸👌

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

@Rich TThas some bling titanium ones... But I can't find the post now.. He might post some pictures 👍😉📸👌

Awesome ones here. WR450 go straight on. These are Titanium from 24MX for a WR450. 

I'm delighted with them.

Saves you 300g too😆

Rich

IMG_20200424_130914.jpg

IMG_20200424_130906.jpg

IMG_20200424_103724.jpg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Awesome ones here. WR450 go straight on. These are Titanium from 24MX for a WR450. 

I'm delighted with them.

Saves you 300g too😆

Rich

IMG_20200424_130914.jpg

IMG_20200424_130906.jpg

IMG_20200424_103724.jpg

Are they longer (wider?) than stock.. You have a link? 

5 minutes ago, jojitsu56 said:

Are they longer (wider?) than stock.. You have a link? 

They are wider and longer. It seems the website doesn't list Yamaha ones at the moment (just Google it. 24MX), so maybe they're out of stock. I'm delighted with the feel of them. Much better than stock and I bought them specifically for off roading.

Thanks

Rich

• Like 1

Just arrived today, will install tonight and test tomorrow.

0701202020_HDR.thumb.jpg.c0c96e9737c310f07ae03456e1affd82.jpg

• Like 4

Just got my fastways adventure pegs in the mail today,  these are going to be fantastic unfortunately im still waiting on the install kit to arrive in the mail. 

The difference in size makes it look like im holding the new peg closer to the camera but they are right next to each other.  

20200701_172437.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rich TT said:

They are wider and longer. It seems the website doesn't list Yamaha ones at the moment (just Google it. 24MX), so maybe they're out of stock. I'm delighted with the feel of them. Much better than stock and I bought them specifically for off roading.

Thanks

Rich

Nice looking pegs! Offroad boots seems like a must🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

Just got my fastways adventure pegs in the mail today,  these are going to be fantastic unfortunately im still waiting on the install kit to arrive in the mail. 

The difference in size makes it look like im holding the new peg closer to the camera but they are right next to each other.  

20200701_172437.jpg

Wow!  Those are big👍

11 hours ago, UtahJack said:

Just arrived today, will install tonight and test tomorrow.

0701202020_HDR.thumb.jpg.c0c96e9737c310f07ae03456e1affd82.jpg

Nice!  How does these compare sizewise to the stock?

1 minute ago, Magz said:

Nice looking pegs! Offroad boots seems like a must🙂

Definitely !!

They're really grippy and being Titanium, they're never blunt !

17 hours ago, Matth said:

Ive ordered some Touratech works pegs so will let you know what I think when they arrive 

Sleek looking pegs!🙂

2 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Definitely !!

They're really grippy and being Titanium, they're never blunt !

An exelent feature in the mud, for sure.  Do you remember the price?

@Magz

They are just slightly larger, Stock ones are 3 1/8" long and 2 1/8" wide, grip surface.

The Pivot Pegz are 3 1/4" long and 2 3/8" wide, grip surface.

The installation was very easy, remove the cotter pin (split pin) remove the foot peg mounting pin. Place the new peg in position, insert the same foot peg mounting pin, and install a new cotter pin (split pin) that was provided.

0702200801.thumb.jpg.61500eb924dc8ed3ea81375b244e461e.jpg

Pivot Pegz PP-96MK3 specified for Tenere 700

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

@Magz

They are just slightly larger, Stock ones are 3 1/8" long and 2 1/8" wide, grip surface.

The Pivot Pegz are 3 1/4" long and 2 3/8" wide, grip surface.

The installation was very easy, remove the cotter pin (split pin) remove the foot peg mounting pin. Place the new peg in position, insert the same foot peg mounting pin, and install a new cotter pin (split pin) that was provided.

0702200801.thumb.jpg.61500eb924dc8ed3ea81375b244e461e.jpg

Pivot Pegz PP-96MK3 specified for Tenere 700

Thank you for the info.  Those look very comfy👍

The pivot pegs look great however both springs broke on the base one one installation and another time  when i dropped it and the peg was in the up position, worth keeping your eyes on that bit

8 minutes ago, Matth said:

The pivot pegs look great however both springs broke on the base one one installation and another time  when i dropped it and the peg was in the up position, worth keeping your eyes on that bit

Good to know.  Thanks🙂

@Matth

Which spring broke? The one that returns the pivot or the one that controls the folding.

They did include a service kit for free with the pegs, even though I did not use the code to receive a free service kit, I used the code to receive 20% off.

I don't have that code in front of me right now, I got it from another post on pegs, I will look it up and come back and edit this post to contain that code.

Use code FREEUPGRADE20 for 20% off.

Edited by UtahJack
  • Like 1

Pivot pegz are quite nice & they included TWO service kits as well. Marginally larger than stocks but much better grip & the pivot action is delightful 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Matth said:

I have them already mounted. Great pegs. Not too big. Especially not too wide but very comfortable. 

• Like 1

Thats good to hear as pretty expensive. The peg return spring. The long thin part ( middle of picture ) of the spring that rests on the frame or part of, it went ping at the base 

A654E1C1-8A2B-4D47-B27C-64ECE7301BDC.png

Edited by Matth