Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Footpeg alternatives

Magz

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, MGG said:

Looking at my footpegs I am wondering why nobody just build a simple extension insert to push the footpegs outward ... seems way easier to get an extra inch of lateral coverage ... or maybe the whole footpeg holder bracket can be rebuild to provide a bit more room while keeping a low profile... 

... and the original footpegs could still fit ... with the nice rubber insert ... I don't want footpegs that vibrate in my boots or that chew up my soles  ... unless we have a boot manufacturer sponsoring us 😉 

You may like these then:

12 minutes ago, BellissiMoto said:

You may like these then:

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the footpegs kit is ... € 251.26  = $297.12 USD = $ 389.83 CAD

https://www.gillestooling.com/produkte/fussrastenanlagen/rgk2-rastengelenke/3107/enduro-fussrasten-explorer

... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ! ... at least for me.

I went with the Moose Racing pegs.  These are the perfect size for me, and I've run these on my other bikes.  Only cost about $120 USD.

T7 footpeg.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, MGG said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the footpegs kit is ... € 251.26  = $297.12 USD = $ 389.83 CAD

https://www.gillestooling.com/produkte/fussrastenanlagen/rgk2-rastengelenke/3107/enduro-fussrasten-explorer

... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ! ... at least for me.

Yeah I was more interested in the brackets that lower the pegs.  That's probably worth the 80€

On 8/29/2020 at 8:16 AM, Seventh Son said:

I went with the Moose Racing pegs.  These are the perfect size for me, and I've run these on my other bikes.  Only cost about $120 USD.

T7 footpeg.jpg

These look great especially for the price. Looks like all the Moose yamaha foot pegs are the same part number on their website, so what did you order?

thanks!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vtamb81 said:

These look great especially for the price. Looks like all the Moose yamaha foot pegs are the same part number on their website, so what did you order?

thanks!

I bought these with the 1/2-inch offset.

moose_racing_pro_footpegs_yamaha_gas_gas

Designed for the aggressive rider in search of maximum grip, the Moose Racing Pro Footpegs offer a larger platform over most stock footpegs and featur…

On 9/1/2020 at 3:01 PM, Seventh Son said:

I bought these with the 1/2-inch offset.

moose_racing_pro_footpegs_yamaha_gas_gas

Designed for the aggressive rider in search of maximum grip, the Moose Racing Pro Footpegs offer a larger platform over most stock footpegs and featur…

They fit well?  I was ready to order a pair but it says they don't fit the T7

2 hours ago, toycloser said:

They fit well?  I was ready to order a pair but it says they don't fit the T7

They fit perfectly.  Not sure why Revzilla says they won't fit.  These took 10 minutes to install.  Actually, I take that back.  One of OEM mounting pins, for whatever reason, wouldn't fit through the hole in the Moose peg.  I had to sand the Moose footpeg hole with 220 grit for all of three minutes to shave off the smallest amount of circumference, then the peg slipped right through.  The other OEM pin fit the other peg just fine, no sanding required.

These are great footpegs.  Just the perfect size for me.  I have them on my Beta, had them on my CRF250L and my WR250R. 

T7-Moose Racing footpeg.jpg

Edited by Seventh Son
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

They fit perfectly.  Not sure why Revzilla says they won't fit.  These took 10 minutes to install.  Actually, I take that back.  One of pins, for whatever reason, wouldn't fit through the hole in the Moose peg.  I had to sand it with 220 grit for all of three minutes to shave off the smallest amount of circumference, then it slipped right through.  The other pin fit the other peg just fine, no sanding required.

These are great footpegs.  Just the perfect size for me.  I have them on my Beta, had them on my CRF250L and my WR250R. 

T7-Moose Racing footpeg.jpg

They look perfect.  I'll order some tonight!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My only other comment is when you compare pegs I DARE ya to take the rubber insert out of the stock one... there's nothing in there! That's gotta hurt. Horrible option for anything but the street though I'm planning to cut the underneath to make them fit down in whatever I go with. Leaning Moose. 

• 2 years later...

I went with the Moose Pro 1/2" back offset pegs (fits WR450F). Moose part # 1620-0647. A really nice set of pegs that slid on with a perfect fit. Stainless and burly. It did add 4 oz of weight - but a much  larger platform and the weight is down low.

20230211_092925.jpg

20230211_093004.jpg

• 3 months later...