Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

CLOSED! GROUP BUY: TechSpec Gripster Tank Grips for Tenere T7!!!

BellissiMoto

• Supporting Vendor

Center Tank Protector samples are in!

We have two choices...

Center Tank Protector 2:    $20 option (retail is $25)

117198187_3293569877534193_7489489629556895574_n.jpg.05d7b6803a0536528ecb3354ff6152cd.jpg

116131544_653524568602961_5667755698405249754_n.jpg.03dfab8d0902da93e5edb90f607c0ce3.jpg

OR

Center Tank Protector 84:    $15 option (retail is $20)

117075957_235041230884145_4337707504924608120_n.jpg.95cbec78cfb9ac978c808db011b5a31d.jpg

Let me know what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got of the phone with my good friend Scott at TechSpec, and have GREAT NEWS!!!

They are just days away from releasing their TechSpec Gripster Tank Grips for the Tenere 700 on Aug 1st, and we're doing a GROUP BUY on them!!!

62-4023-SS_1.thumb.jpg.dabc29fa309955fefdb396ebf6d8b7ef.jpg

62-4023-SS_3.thumb.jpg.6865fea1ba78910bf6379a1fbdafe6d2.jpg

62-4023-SS_9.thumb.jpg.343ab1971f2013e6e08e70c0915bb23c.jpg

62-4023-SS_5.thumb.jpg.69e05ae54b39295ef4e0a7763c865a15.jpg

These fit the Tenere 700 perfectly, and this 6 piece set offers more surface area then the Genuine Yamaha Accessory version (which isn't even available in the US).

The material they chose for the Tenere 700 is their Snake Skin material - great grip, and extremely durable.

Retail pricing is $80, but GROUP BUY pricing is as follows:

1-9 people:  $70 and FREE SHIPPING (in the Contiguous US)

10+ people:  $65 and FREE SHIPPING (in the Contiguous US)

International customers are more than welcome, but it's a flat rate of $35 to ship internationally.

Canadian customer orders will ship via DHL to avoid silly USPS delays (for some reason Canadian Customs take a while for USPS items to clear)

Because TechSpec is located in the US, there will NOT be the long lead times associated with parts manufactured in Europe.  Scott assured me he can get these out quickly.

And I'm going to go one step further...for those NOT wanting to wait until we get to 10+ people, I'll REFUND you the $5 difference if and when we get to 10 people!

If you want a matching tank pad, there are a few universal ones they make that should fit the Tenere 700 nicely, in the same matching Snake Skin material.  Scott is sending me some samples to see which ones fit best.

Once we determine which one fits best with the Tenere 700 tank, I'll post up a picture and I'll add it as an option to this group buy.  

The tank pad will be a $15-$20 option, depending on the tank pad that is chosen, which is $5 off the retail price.  It'll ship for free along with the Tank Grips.

I'll start the list now:

1. ORDERED @johnnygolucky kit

2. ORDERED @roy826 kit

3. ORDERED @MOTOTEVE kit

4. ORDERED  @pgeldz kit + tank pad 2 + tank pad 84

5. ORDERED @beater_bimmer kit + tank pad 84

6. ORDERED @Idarex kit

7. ORDERED @BMRT7 kit + tank pad 84

8. ORDERED @Simmons1 kit

9. ORDERED@tenerecanada kit

10. ORDERED @Subsea kit + tank pad 2

11. ORDERED @Scotster kit

12. ORDERED @DT675 kit + tank pad 84

13. ORDERED @Camel ADV kit (x2) 

14. ORDERED @TennesseeTenere kit

15. ORDERED @Alkali kit

16.ORDERED @rhicks kit + tank pad 2

17. ORDERED @REDHORSECA kit + tank pad 2 (plus 2 sets for Kawasaki Versys 650)

18. ORDERED @loneranger700 kit

19. ORDERED @slakdawg kit

20. ORDERED @Tazmool kit + tank pad 84

21. ORDERED @nelsonccc kit + tank pad 2

22. ORDERED @UtahJack kit (x2)

23. ORDERED @MghtyThor69 kit + tank pad 2

24. ORDERED @Admac85 kit

25. @Adrenolin kit (maybe tank pad also)

26. ORDERED @WVdirt308 kit

27. @Seriously kit + tank pad

28. @MGG kit

29. ORDERED @Too Tall kit + tank pad 2

30. ORDERED @mattgif kit

31. ORDERED @NotGoodAtUsrnms kit

32. ORDERED @jetdr21 kit + tank pad 2

33. ORDERED @afhaldeman kit

34. ORDERED @Gekkdroid kit

35. ORDERED @Maine Tenere kit + tank pad 84

36. ORDERED @Robert Peters

37. ORDERED @Shift_T700 kit

• Like 5

#1, BABY!!!!!!

Hook Johnnygolucky up!

Just the 6 sides, no tank. Thank you!

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

Put me down for one 6 piece kit, I won't need a tank guard.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
30 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

#1, BABY!!!!!!

Hook Johnnygolucky up!

29 minutes ago, roy826 said:

Put me down for one 6 piece kit, I won't need a tank guard.

Done!

Count me in for the Tank side pads (6 pc) and also a tank guard (1 pc) when available.

• Like 1

I'm in for the 6 piece set.  No tank pad.  Thx -EP

• Like 1

Put me down for the 6 piece kit please.

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Moderators

I am good for a set. No tank guard. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I’d be interested in the 6 piece and “maybe” the tank pad too. When does this expire and when would they have to be paid by? 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

2 x 6 piece kit please.

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, DT675 said:

I’d be interested in the 6 piece and “maybe” the tank pad too. When does this expire and when would they have to be paid by? 

Scott from TechSpec is sending out 3 sample tank pads to me so we can see which ones fit the Tenere 700 best.  They will arrive Monday-Tuesday.  I'll take them all home and see what's what.  I'll post up pictures here to get everyone's feedback from the group buy and once once that's done, we'll all decide on one (maybe more than one) and put this together so you guys can start enjoying them right away.  We aren't going to have to wait long, as these can be produced quickly.  My goal is to have it wrapped up next week, so we can start shipping STAT.

I know a lot of people have waited a LONG time (me included) to get some of the other items on previous group buys (due to no fault of anything, other than COVID-19 and the global supply and demand in the powersports industry during this pandemic), and I don't want that leaving a bad taste in your mouth.

I'm every bit of an enthusiast (more so than an employee), and I want these items just as bad as all of you.

So with that said, lets try and wrap this up as soon as we decide on the tank pad style, so I can start invoicing everyone and aim to ship end of next week.

I'm really excited to have you all play a role in deciding what tank pad to offer, so be on the lookout next week for those pics to help make that choice!

🙂

- Paul

• Like 1

Put me down for a kit please.   I'd like to see the tank pad first before committing to it but I'm interested. 

• Like 1

Hell with this many people interested...I feel like we should get another discount if we can reach 20!

Anyways, I'll take a kit!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why is international (say to Canada) shipping $35 vs $0 for USA?    
Seems like a very expensive jump, 53% overall increase in cost, especially for something that will go into an envelope....? 

I'll be looking for an alternative....

Tazmool

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
59 minutes ago, Tazmool said:

Why is international (say to Canada) shipping $35 vs $0 for USA?    
Seems like a very expensive jump, 53% overall increase in cost, especially for something that will go into an envelope....? 

I'll be looking for an alternative....

Tazmool

@Tazmool I agree, shipping to Canada seems high, but last time I shipped stuff to Canada on the previous group buy (MWR and Gilles Items) for the flat rate of $35, I was told it actually cost us $55, so I got a good spanking by my staff.

However, I agree, that these should be able to go into a flat envelope and cost less then $35, so before you look for an alternative, give me until at least Monday to try and see if I can work it from another angle.  I put you on the list as interested, so I'll leave it like that until I work it from the shipping standpoint.  Fair enough?

• Thanks 5