Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How many miles on your T7?

AZJW

• Moderators

Curious as to how many miles the T7 fleet has accumulated.  Seeing as our friends in the rest of the world have had theirs awhile,  it'd be interesting to see those figures.  With the US owners just now taking delivery I'm sure the numbers will start to go up exponentially.  Maybe report in every 6 months to help keep this updated?

Length of ownership: 7 days

Mileage:  536 mi.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators

Length of ownership: I have had the bike for about almost two months, minus the two weeks I dropped it off at the dealer in an attempt to make a warranty claim on the headlight. No commuting, just weekend trips to forest access roads.

Mileage: 3272km (2033miles)

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Owned the t7 since November and she has now reached 4700 miles. 

Aleks 

20200726111333_IMG_1109.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

842 miles in the first 72 hours.  It rained today though.  0 miles today 

Edited by toycloser
  • Like 1

1900 miles in the first 24 days.....would be more, but my other bikes need saddle time also.

• Like 1

14 days and 236 miles. Commercial/Industrial Electrician Foreman so running a lot of work right now, and a new puppy, and cute girls, and I mtn bike.......

Next weekend taking 3 days to ride. I can say I saw the oil was way past the glass from the factory. Way too high. So I just did my first oil change to get it between the lines, stock oil came out pretty dark for such low miles. Already noticed a MASSIVE improvement in not only shifting but just the sound of the motor. It's really remarkable. Will change the oil/filter again at 600 just because. And then go to synthetic at 1,500 as I've read on here that when she starts getting super smooth. 

• Like 1

1644 bought it June 26, 2020

It is not my only bike I have two other street bikes and streetable scoots, Africa Twin and a Suzuki GSX-S1000 plus the 2 scoots, GROM and a Zuma 125.

Mileage will go up on T7 in the next two weeks, I will be on a 6 day trip with it Labor Day weekend.

• Like 2

Currently sitting on 5570 miles, last two day trips added a quick 600 miles to the clock... Gets better and better this bike. 😄🏍️💨👍💯📸

Aleks 

20200826094355_IMG_1647.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Only 2,000 km since May, if the borders didn’t close it should have been more like 20,000. And I keep getting hurt on this bike, first time was a ripped tendon in the right bicep and second time was last week with a 4 broken ribs, small puncher and partially collapsed lung. And tore the crap out of that same tendon.

E36C0AEA-4B6A-4BD9-B9B2-6EB257BF469D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just clocked 6k miles this week-end and she is ready for the service Saturday... 👍 

20200919135739_IMG_1812.jpg

• Like 1

About thirteen months and about 14.000 km's. Thinking about spike-tires for winter.

Edited by Totti
typo
  • Like 3

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Limey said:

Only 2,000 km since May, if the borders didn’t close it should have been more like 20,000. And I keep getting hurt on this bike, first time was a ripped tendon in the right bicep and second time was last week with a 4 broken ribs, small puncher and partially collapsed lung. And tore the crap out of that same tendon.

E36C0AEA-4B6A-4BD9-B9B2-6EB257BF469D.jpeg

Really sorry to hear that Limey, wishing you a speedy recovery my friend.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

9 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Really sorry to hear that Limey, wishing you a speedy recovery my friend.

Thanks a bunch. I see I’m just south of you in Bowmanville. 

• 1 month later...

Great to read reports of reliability here. I saw one report of a headlight warranty. What other warranty issues have come up? Any other problems seen out there? The dealer told me the T7 was really reliable - I'm seeing that this is what most people are experiencing? Curious if any issues like electronics failing or fuel injectors or something else have been seen out there among those (maybe the non-USA owners) who have had their bikes longer...

• 2 months later...

Picked it up July 28, 2020 and just turned 6700 miles.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1

Canadian bike purchased in May 2020. Currently at around 14000 km. and no problems at all. Love the bike.

• Like 1