Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How many miles on your T7?

AZJW

I’ve owned mine since 17-10-2021. It's close to 5 month old. 6199km

IMG_20220304_203935.jpg

• 1 month later...

4000, 3200 of that touring to Spain from UK. I need to ride more !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been riding 52,000 km without any problem (although I spent quit a lot if money on reg maintenance and tire... ) Still love It!

• Like 6

3200 kms. Took delivery mid February this year.

Just local jaunts to date.

Don't think I'll be doing any more long Euro trips in the future (but hoping)

I have a couple of UK trips planned for this year though.

I'll be heading over to Wales at the end of May then in September it's over to Scotland for me.

Larne to Stranraer ferry then, ride into Carlisle, England to meet up with a couple of old mates.
Head on down to the Lake District to ride the mountain passes.

Get another Hardknot under my wheels.

It'll be the third time and on a different bike each time.

• Like 1

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

On 4/27/2022 at 11:09 PM, Jeff said:

Hi,

I have been riding 52,000 km without any problem

Wonderfully reassuring! thumbsup

Do you do your own maintenance?

Just wondering how much dismantling needs to be done for access to the valves.notsure

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

Not good enough  even for changing plug! I do oil change, all kind of lub. Brake pads. The dealer did a good job at 40k for the valve well worth it! (NB checks brake pad, still investigating why rate of wear difers much .. they seem to last long (30k km back and 46k front) then next set, 5k. Maybe I should have clean and lub better which I did now ... Hope this work.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Now sitting just short of 14k miles, owned almost 2 years to date. Survived collisions with a deer last summer and an ATV this summer. Hopefully no more of that because I want to put 100k on this bike. 

PXL_20220718_214943973.jpg.1f141855b4ce44c0c693a7a4c50eb1cd.jpg

Edited by vagrant318
  • Like 5

34,000 km and going, just had my tires changed: out the Continental Trail Attack 3 and in the Pirelli Rally STR. I had too wonderful a memory of what I did with the original tires not to try them again...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marktbike said:

34,000 km and going, just had my tires changed: out the Continental Trail Attack 3 and in the Pirelli Rally STR. I had too wonderful a memory of what I did with the original tires not to try them again...

Onroad they are really good, aren't they? Did some twisties today, and hit the 4000 km mark.

• Like 2

Just rolled 10,000 miles in a little less than 2 years of ownership. I’d say about 1/2 of that was on dirt.  Like the bike. Not looking forward to the valve adjustment. The spark plug change was a big enough pain in the arse. 

With 8369km the last 19 days i'm at 22766km right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liquidape said:

The spark plug change was a big enough pain in the arse

@Liquidape, I am fast approaching the 10,000 mile mark. Any reason not to go with an Iridium plug? At the very least I would like to stretch out my plug changes to coincide with the 26,000 mile valve check. Anyone have some input on this? I put a bit of high temp anti seize on my car's spark plugs as I have had some of them become hard to remove after a long service interval. I plan on the same for the T7.

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Moderators

2 yrs of ownership and I just missed getting 10K on the clock.  Moving three times in 18 months is my story and I'm sticking to it as the reason for not making my goal. 😉

• Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 4/27/2022 at 6:09 PM, Jeff said:

Hi,

I have been riding 52,000 km without any problem (although I spent quit a lot if money on reg maintenance and tire... ) Still love It!

Hi, now 69,000 km... And i start to find week spots.

Watch front attachements between front beam assembly and fuel tank. I had 2 failures.

Also kick stand switch failed.  Fortunately, the trouble was intermittent so I was able to restart and bring to the dealer who bypasses the switches so I can return safely home.

Transmission is also getting loose with more "clunk" while changing gears. I believe will be a sensitive spot (despite oil change -motul 7100 every 5k km).

I bought extended warranty. I tough I wasted my money but I start to believe it might be a good move... More to come

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Hi, now 69,000 km... And i start to find week spots.

Watch front attachements between front beam assembly and fuel tank. I had 2 failures.

Also kick stand switch failed.  Fortunately, the trouble was intermittent so I was able to restart and bring to the dealer who bypasses the switches so I can return safely home.

Transmission is also getting loose with more "clunk" while changing gears. I believe will be a sensitive spot (despite oil change -motul 7100 every 5k km).

I bought extended warranty. I tough I wasted my money but I start to believe it might be a good move... More to come

20 year 160,000km engine warranty if you use Yamalube exclusively. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black99S said:

20 year 160,000km engine warranty if you use Yamalube exclusively. 

Thanks! Very good info as I already bought my T7 2023.... Will stick to Yamalube for the next one... I used Motul because I originally felt it switch gear more smothly after oil change... But was not aware of this warranty!!

👍

On 7/28/2022 at 8:36 PM, Tenerider said:

Onroad they are really good, aren't they? Did some twisties today, and hit the 4000 km mark.

The pair Ténéré-Rally STR is one of the best in terms of performance and feeling I've tried in my 35+ years long riding history. I ride only on road and my riding style is very smooth, without any heavy use of throttle or brakes. I really enjoy the bike, this way...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually in 'negative' numbers.  (don't own one yet - I think Yamaha is mining the iron ore and bauxite for my bike as we speak)

Edited by chadio
  • Haha 1

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

• Moderators

It sadly took 25 months to reach this number, but back issues and 3 moves impacted play time.  20220821_084343.jpg.3ab597c123f3f284729e7e8b605cac82.jpg

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 8/21/2022 at 4:41 PM, AZJW said:

It sadly took 25 months to reach this number, but back issues and 3 moves impacted play time.  20220821_084343.jpg.3ab597c123f3f284729e7e8b605cac82.jpg

Hey, that looks familiar! Also hit 10k miles on mine a few weeks ago, bought it used in May 2021 with 3,4xx miles and found this year I'm riding the T7 more and my R1200GS less. Apparently the GS has taken exception to sitting like that, as both fork seals started leaking during a recent ride.

20220810_101235.jpg.6f5dcbd733c34a96a07521f74d3d7743.jpg 

• Like 1