Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Moderators

Hopefully compatible with pillion pegs? Looks great!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Thanks Corey. I'd be into one of those. Running the Outback Adv Spec pannier racks and the space between them and the plastic is just wasted space.

...And I'm just up the road... 

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• Supporting Vendor
43 minutes ago, CAJW said:

Hopefully compatible with pillion pegs? Looks great!

Yes, it is compatible!

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Curious to if you need to purchase an aftermarket exhaust or will it work with the stock, and if stock pipe will work would you be supplying the changed pipe to make it work? 

With the exception of pegs, I've purchased everything you make for the 700. This looks great so I'll follow thread  this for when you release it so you can take my wallet. Nice work Camel. Keep making great stuff. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
46 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Curious to if you need to purchase an aftermarket exhaust or will it work with the stock, and if stock pipe will work would you be supplying the changed pipe to make it work? 

With the exception of pegs, I've purchased everything you make for the 700. This looks great so I'll follow thread  this for when you release it so you can take my wallet. Nice work Camel. Keep making great stuff. 

The stock pipe muffler has it's link pipe welded directly to it so no, it's not compatible. Also, the stocker is about 10lbs heavier than most of the aftermarket options.

• Like 1

This is great news! I await the kit patiently! Gonna make a great purchase with that and the high fender kit!

• Like 2

Looking very nice, as usual you have delivered... Would be interested to see how you solved the bracket solution. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

Are we there yet ? Are we there yet? I can't wait! 

Edited by Louis
Media
  • Like 2

Looks great. As ive said before that if the two mounting frame parts are to be shortened and the similar to original mount put on the two little pipes then that would bring the exhaust in 3 inches and less chance of exhaust hitting swing arm in the event of a fall off. 

Also make a pannier frame to match the slimmer build.

• Like 1

Thanks for being this to market and giving us a heads-up. Very excited.

• Like 1

Looks great, I'd buy once available, keep us all posted!

Thanks for being so active on the forum too, that's not always the case!

• Like 1

Thats good, i didnt know the hanger was removable. I may have a pop as still have some gas left for the mig

This is awesome as a single exhaust and will buy.  But any chance of a double? 😁

KTM 660 Rally Replica 03  1.jpg

• Haha 3

On 8/21/2020 at 10:59 PM, wookee said:

This is awesome as a single exhaust and will buy.  But any chance of a double? 😁

KTM 660 Rally Replica 03  1.jpg

Question ... what would be the advantages of a double ? 

- smaller cans ?

- less heat for each can ?

- less noise 🤔

- better looks ... especially from behind 🙂

- even heat generated on tire sidewall so that left corners carve just as well as right ones ?

3 minutes ago, MGG said:

Question ... what would be the advantages of a double ? 

- smaller cans ?

- less heat for each can ?

- less noise 🤔

- better looks ... especially from behind 🙂

- even heat generated on tire sidewall so that left corners carve just as well as right ones ?

It looks badass?!

• Haha 3

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/21/2020 at 2:31 PM, Matth said:

Thats good, i didnt know the hanger was removable. I may have a pop as still have some gas left for the mig

The hanger is not removable... well, it is with a hacksaw 😉

It's welded to the subframe which is what makes this whole project a challenge.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

My girlfriend just saw this and asked, "Why would any guy request smaller cans?!". LOL

Double the exhausts equals double the horsepower. C'mon dude, she should know that by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well before doubling exhausts for nothing... does a second engine fit into the frame? 

• Haha 1

@Camel ADV looking forward to this one - thanks Cory great work!

Guess I need to do a little muffler shopping.  : )

Cheers

-Bob

• Like 1

Does anyone have an opinion on the Dominator exhaust systems? They seem like a decent product and at $600 shipped to BC for a complete set that pretty enticing.