Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
On 10/12/2020 at 1:57 PM, REDHORSECA said:

I’m definitely interested.

I would rather get a Yoshimura slip on. If there is a separate option made available for the mounting bracket and pipe sections that would be great!

I’m flexible though, if it has to be with the muffler you provide with the kit. So be it. 😉

The issue with trying to use several different slip-ons is the height from the inlet's center-line to the mounting hole of the clamp will vary a lot brand to brand. We'd end up having to make several different link pipes... they are a hell of a lot of work to get perfected even with the use of 3D scanning. Initially, we'll be selling them as complete kits.

IMG_4950.jpeg

• Like 4

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

12 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

I believe the only higher exhaust kit that doesn't require cutting the factory mount is Huzar.

Shame, love the look of the exhaust and camels reputation is excellent, I’m just not over keen on chopping the frame on a new bike esp while still under warranty! look forward to seeing how it fits and what you’ve come up with 

Edited by NuttyNook

12 minutes ago, NuttyNook said:

Shame, love the look of the exhaust and camels reputation is excellent, I’m just not over keen on chopping the frame on a new bike esp while still under warranty! look forward to seeing how it fits and what you’ve come up with 

I’ve been down 3 time on the right hand side and the support is cracked so it’s either cut it off  or go through insurance and replace the frame every time I drop the thing. 

1 hour ago, Limey said:

I’ve been down 3 time on the right hand side and the support is cracked so it’s either cut it off  or go through insurance and replace the frame every time I drop the thing. 

Man that’s crap ☹️.... be interesting to see what options come out.... I know rally raid have come out with a soft luggage rack with an optional brace for the exhaust mount... failing that I guess there’s the option of a luggage rack to help shield it if dropped, although I’m not keen on the look if it protects the bike 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by NuttyNook
  • Like 1

If this kit is as good as the other Camel products I thinks its a no brainer. Should be a great piece of kit. 

Corey if you need a tester let me know, I am no stranger to wrenching (Or dropping my bike on some gnarly trails) 🙂

• Like 3

Cory  lm curious if the direction of exhaust heat is aimed at the turn signal or not ?  I'm using your tail tidy  & have stood behind my bike & imagine how the silencer will be when bolted in the high mount .

21 T700 - 08 ktm 300xcw - 06 ktm 400exc - 06 xt225 - 04 & 06 heritage Softail classics - 85 it200 - 75 dt 100 & 250 - 76 dt 250 - 79 CT 90 - 71 CT 70

• Supporting Vendor
On 11/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, Chopper said:

Cory  lm curious if the direction of exhaust heat is aimed at the turn signal or not ?  I'm using your tail tidy  & have stood behind my bike & imagine how the silencer will be when bolted in the high mount .

The short answer is that it depends. If you are running a tail tidy and the exhaust with the DB killer, then the signal light is fine. If you're not using the DB killer insert, then shorter, lower profile signal lights will be a good idea.

Trying to find the sweet spot to dump the exhaust that will work with the stock signal light/licence plate holder and OEM pannier racks and will work with Tail Tidies and every conceivable sized signal light from the North American fist-sized pumpkins to the tiniest button LEDs and everything in between is a challenge.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Our fabricator Matt managed to get a bunch pipe welded today. He's a 30yr journeyman and a master of aluminum and stainless TIG. I'm very happy to have him on the team!

The big question that remains is what to do for the heat shield/heel guard. We have a few options that we can go with and they can be done in house or be sourced quickly. There needs to be something on the pipe.

Our first though was to use one of the universal back bone type protector but I'm not a fan of look. The next idea was one of the smaller slotted heat shields. Effective I'm sure but again, I'm not a huge fan of the look.

Our shop 790 was sitting on the bike lift next to the T7 and I noticed the stainless wire guard bars on it. We added them to our T7 link pipe and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

What are your thoughts?

IMG_4711.jpeg

62794961935__B78FC3C8-07B3-4A0B-B46D-A49BAEB1B436.jpeg

5aa8cc622293183e0b1a9764-4-large.jpg

58bfdcaab6db6558ea887336-13-large.jpg

IMG_5433.jpeg

• Like 8

Good news, Cory. The welded wire guard bars get my vote.  This will be another hot Camel item in more ways than one!

• Like 1

lmao. I bought those exact parts from China half expecting whatever future high-exhaust kit I get would not have plates on them. They work good, personally, and they definitely do the job of protecting my legs from heat, although no where near as good as the OEM ones, but I think that's just how the OEM ones transfer (or stop transfer?) heat from the pipe to the shield. These welds look like a huge upgrade from the OEM ones though

Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 1

Welded wire all the way.

I'll be happy to pay a living wage to a 30 year journeyman welding the link pipe.

Looking great

• Like 3

@Camel ADV , a quick question:

have you tried to put the bike on the ground on its right side, to see if the exhaust pipe touches the ground?

One of the purposes (in addition to the aesthetic one) is in fact also to avoid damage to the exhaust if you fall on the right side.

It would be important to do this check, in fact I see that you have not used the swingarm recess, but you have chosen to follow a more external line (like the original one) for the new exhaust pipe.

Thanks

IMG_5433.jpeg

Edited by 365moto.eu

I like the welded wire and the slotted style guards.  Never been a fan of the backbone style.

Presumably it wouldn't be too hard to fit the slotted guard or the backbone style over the top of the welded wires if certain people prefer a certain look.

But for me I prefer the welded wire-look.

• Like 1

Will this enable the pipe and muffler to be mounted inboard of the existing hanger?  I see you had a custom "Secret Sauce" hanger idea, will that be what you are using?  If so, I may have answered my first question.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, Camel ADV said:

Trying to find the sweet spot to dump the exhaust that will work with the stock signal light/licence p....

Saw the coolest bit of kit on my pals HyperMotard.  The Tail Tidy comes with aluminum deflector plates!
Picture 2 of 8

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
42 minutes ago, Colddog said:

Will this enable the pipe and muffler to be mounted inboard of the existing hanger?  I see you had a custom "Secret Sauce" hanger idea, will that be what you are using?  If so, I may have answered my first question.

It's not inboard of the hanger, it's directly below it. We'll have more pics up soon.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
38 minutes ago, cstatman said:

That is an excellent idea!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

That is an excellent idea!

well I rarely hear THAT!!   😛

wouldn't bee too hard to design for your product -  hopefully I smell UPGRADE coming soon!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

I found some carbon fibre heat shields that fit (surprisingly well actually) but they make the pipe look like an Armadillo... or a Ninja Turtle.

IMG_5452.JPG

• Like 1