Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec - Problems

nelsonccc

Anyone know what is going on with Adventure Spec? I ordered a few items (skid, tail tiddy, and rear rack) back on the 10th. When ordered all the items showed up as in stock (still do....). In any case I've emailed a few times and left a message but have received no response. I was charged immediately but now it's been 18 days and not contact, no response, nothing.

Is this normal for them?

They recently changed their website so I don't know if that's something to do with your problem.  I've had good response before now using this email ;  support@adventure-spec-ltd.odoo.com

Oooops, just realised where you are, I dealt with them in UK.

Edited by boboneleg
numpty
  • Like 1

Ordered a rear rack from them on a Monday and had it here on Tuesday. I wanted a black one but it was going to be late September so I ordered the white. Thought I would strip it and powder coat it black but I kind of like the white.

IMG_5142.thumb.JPG.3b93a637cb003495d584e7bdc00cdab9.JPG

Patrick was quick to answer my email.

9 minutes ago, rattler said:

Email patrick@adventure-spec.com, he’s been responsive.

I've emailed him a few times now. Nada.

Just now, 350rizzer said:

Ordered a rear rack from them on a Monday and had it here on Tuesday. I wanted a black one but it was going to be late September so I ordered the white. Thought I would strip it and powder coat it black but I kind of like the white.

That sucks! That's the one thing I needed asap was the rear rack. I went with their stuff specifically because the rear rack is so low profile. I wonder if it's a color thing? If I could just get him to respond I could talk about the options.

I’ve been waiting for the rack since mid-July. A few weeks ago he replied that they are waiting for the shipment to clear customs. 

8 minutes ago, 350rizzer said:

Wow, September? Wish he would’ve told me that. Think I’ll request a refund and go with a different vendor. 👎

I'm still waiting on the AS crash bars but I ordered those through ProCycle. They tell me any day now. If I don't see them in a couple weeks I'll probably do Touratech lower bars only.

51 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

That sucks! That's the one thing I needed asap was the rear rack. I went with their stuff specifically because the rear rack is so low profile. I wonder if it's a color thing? If I could just get him to respond I could talk about the options.

I could care less about the color. I ordered a silver rear rack, a black skid plate, and a tail tidy. I was going to order the  protection bars once they were in stock.

One of the vendors I work with would strip and powdercoat this for me any color I want. I'm thinking GOLD!

• Like 1

About 5 weeks ago I wanted to get the crash bars and on their website it said the only color available were in silver, all of the others were out of stock. So I purchased the silver, paid for it and refreshed the page and sure enough, the silver was now out of stock. Seems legit. 

Weeks go by and I email and Patrick says it's any day now. Time goes by and agin, any day now. Then I email again and he says they're stuck in customs in Europe and that's what the problem is and it's out of his hands. 

So if you're in the States and the website says "in stock", that means in another country. Not here. And out of stock means haven't even been made yet. 

Patrick seems nice enough. I wouldn't have purchased if they would have been more honest about their availability. Still don't have it and no idea when it's coming as I haven't heard any updates from him. 

Patrick seems super nice. Chatted a few times regarding my trip coming up on the 5th of September and how I need my pannier/rear rack (for my luggage for the trip) and my crash bars(ordered through procycle 7/10) ASAP.  Sitting here looking at 350rizzers rear rack in my color that took a few days sure hits a nerve. No tracking... no update... email sent and 3 calls with a message left today. Procycle says they haven't been able to get a hold of the guy for the past week. Hopefully he's busy getting my parts to  me. 

Edit: Your rack looked silver, not white. My bad... but still! come on!

Edited by Tooph

Probably bad timing with the US Tenere release + AS web update + Covid.

There web site shows 2-blue 1-red and 3-white racks in stock. Silver and black out of stock. Just click on the color for availability.

• Like 1

Bummer, looks like good stuff. Hopefully they get it together as the new bikes show up.  My friends and I are in the market for all of the T700 farkles as our bikes are due in a couple of weeks and we are bummed we waited so long to pull the trigger on the A.S. goodies.

• Sad 1

I was considering canceling my order due to the unknown weeks back. He assured me that his crate was on the way and it would be here in time. Then the crate got held up in customs. Was told it was released from customs mid last week and he would have it by Friday. Having the parts shipped out early this week while supplying procycle with my crash bars by Wednesday as the expected date. Procycle doesn't have the crash bars yet and nothing but crickets this week. Not sure how I'm gonna handle a 5 day long BDR trip without the parts. Back to considering canceling if i don't have a firm date and tracking by Monday. At least that will give me time to order some Tusk hard parts.

Drama

All this considered. I will leave an honest review of the kit if and when I receive it. Covid has things messed up right now so I'm trying to be as understandable as possible within my schedule.  

Edited by Tooph

"From: Patrick Wokurka
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 9:50 AM
To: +%)_%^&$&#@

My shipment just came in and I'm working as fast as I can to get everything shipped.

Sorry for the delay

Patrick"

Edited by Tooph
  • Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

I finally got my UPS tracking #.

Good to hear. I have little room to complain I guess as it's only been since August 16th since my order was placed, but zero updates or shipping info since the emailed receipt. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

I finally got my UPS tracking #.

Great news! Hope they're worth the wait

yup, me as well for a Silver rack. Ordered it on 19 August and got an email this morning with the UPS tracking number.

• Like 1

Same here. He must have been very busy this weekend. He emailed me and said he had over 100 backordered items come in that needed to go out. I received tracking numbers for my two packages over the weekend.

I'm still hoping to get the crash bars from them but all the colors show as out of stock. I may have to start looking into which bars work with the ADS skid plate. Does anyone know already?

On 8/28/2020 at 9:22 AM, BADDANDY said:

BTW, I ordered a tailtidy ...

0814201831b.thumb.jpg.dd299b3af374807fbc8137d01264b43b.jpg

There's a certain irony to having a tail tidy and running that massive top box at the same time!

LOL

• Haha 3

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman