Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How to post pics and do other stuff on the forum

Cruizin

PICS:

It's easy to upload pics into a post, but your pic must be smaller than 1.5 MB.  

1. bottom left of the new post, either drag in the pic or click "choose files" .

2. If you clicked "choose files" it opens your pc's or phones files where you can navigate to your pic and then click ok or choose. 

3.You will see the pic upload into a small window in the bottom left. After it uploads and you can see it, click the + symbol to upload it to your post. 

Finish your post and click "submit" .  Wasn't that easy? 

644978421_easybutton.jpg.51b09252aaf58c3fa9876f3960cdf616.jpg

• Like 2

HOW TO POST GIFS-Slightly different but just as easy. 

1. Go to the GIF you want, Right click on it

2. After right clicking, click on "copy image address"

3.Come back to this forum. In your post, on the bottom right, click on "insert other media" . 

4. Then click on insert image from URL

5. Now click "insert into post" .

Your GIf will show up in your post after your click "submit" . If your gif doesn't show, then you probably didn't click "copy or save image address" 

200w.webp

• Like 1

How to "Tag" or get another member's attention. Again, easy peasy.  Everything on this forum is easy. 

Just place an @ right before the member's username.  No spaces.  Like this @mjh937     Now, if mjh937 has his notifications set to "on" , he will get a notification on his device. 

If he has notifications to also send him an email, he will receive an email and come see why in the hell I just tagged him, lol. 

1675816631_easybutton.jpg.46b4954ca915e7cdc1d9c94e5e935c6f.jpg

How to share a thread from here on social media.   Often times, Facebook groups just SUCK when trying to find helpful tech info, because it's just one page of a clusterphuck of many posts. No way to organize helpful posts on one page. So, the same tech questions get asked every week on social media groups. 

We have a quick way to help people on your social media groups by sharing our helpful and well organized topics. 

1. Go to the very bottom of the thread that you want to share. 

2.On the bottom left, see all those Social media icons. Click on the one you want to share to.

3. If it's Facebook, when you click, a facebook window opens. 

4.Where it says "Share on your timeline", just click that, a dropdown box will appear where you can type in the name of your Facebook group. 

5. Post it on Facebook group, or Reddit Sub, or wherever you may roam. I dont care one bit, you can share our helpful posts and topics anywhere. In fact, it might bring us even more members. And the more members, the more info we can share with ea other. 

The more you share, the more you learn back in return. I promise! 

• Like 1

• Cruizin pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, you can now change the color theme of this website !!    To change color of the website theme, scroll down to the bottom of the website and click on "theme" and choose dark dd or light dd. 

Light DD Theme 

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.31.33 PM.png

Dark DD Theme

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.31.15 PM.png

I find myself using Dark theme at home, and light theme at work.  What theme do you like best? 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

HOW TO GO TO FIRST UNREAD POST IN A TOPIC/THREAD.

The main FORUM page is full of different boards/Categories.  When you click on and open a board, you will see a list of the most recently updated topics. At the left of the topic title, you will see a "Dot" or a "Star". All you have to do is click on the dot or star and then the first unread post in that topic will appear on your screen. 

See below screen shot. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 3.58.18 PM.png

• Cruizin featured this topic

How to "Follow" a topic and get notifications on it and find it easily in the future! 

Following "Topics" is a great way to get notified when someone replies or adds content to either your topic or a topic that you want to follow in the future. 

It also allows you to easily find your "followed" topics down the road. 

It's really easy to follow a topic on the Tenere 700 forum. 

At the top of any topic, on the right is a box that says "follow" (See Red Arrow).

Follow topic t7 forum.png

Even better, you can adjust how you are notified when someone updates that topic!

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 1.55.24 AM.png

So, remember to follow important topics so that you can get notified when someone replies or adds more content to it!

You can also click that same button to "Unfollow" topics. 

• 4 months later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I can't seem to post video, not embedded anyway. I see instructions above for pics and GIFS but not video. What am I missing?

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

On 1/25/2020 at 4:56 PM, Camel ADV said:

I can't seem to post video, not embedded anyway. I see instructions above for pics and GIFS but not video. What am I missing?

For video, you will need to upload it to youtube first and then come back and just paste the "share" link into a post. 

Hosting video is extremely expensive, so youtube is the way to go. 

Edited by Cruizin
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

For video, you will need to upload it to youtube first and then come back and just paste the "share" link into a post. 

Hosting video is extremely expensive, so youtube is the way to go. 

I was trying to use the embed text instead of the regular link.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 6:43 AM, Cruizin said:

PICS:

It's easy to upload pics into a post, but your pic must be smaller than 1.5 MB.  

1. bottom left of the new post, either drag in the pic or click "choose files" .

2. If you clicked "choose files" it opens your pc's or phones files where you can navigate to your pic and then click ok or choose. 

3.You will see the pic upload into a small window in the bottom left. After it uploads and you can see it, click the + symbol to upload it to your post. 

Finish your post and click "submit" .  Wasn't that easy? 

644978421_easybutton.jpg.51b09252aaf58c3fa9876f3960cdf616.jpg

Is it possible to rotate pics after uploading?

cheers

Martin

40 minutes ago, bikeever said:

Yes, 90 degrees left or right. A few photos at my last post were rotating automatically during upload.

I dont know of a way to rotate pics in this software, I upload a ton of pics and have never had a pic rotate sideways unless it was stored sideways on my device before uploading. 

You can, however, upload pics to an your album in gallery. And then afterwards, use "album tools" to rotate and then save the rotated image. Then, simply use the url of that image and post it in a post on the forum. 

But seriously, I have uploaded over 1000 images in this software and have never seen a image rotate on its own unless it was sideways on the original device before uploading. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Please use regional Tags/prefix for regional topics!

When posting regional info, parts, vendors, rides, meetups, its really helpful to others if you tag/prefix your new topic.

Its really easy, just click "Tags" or "Create Tags" , choose your regional tag and then click on prefix to set it as a Prefix in the title of your topic/post. 

See short video demonstration.

• 2 weeks later...

How to add a Gif to your post!

Gifs can be a fun way to get a point across, and we are partnered up with Giphy to make it really easy on this forum. 

In the tool bar at top right of the posting box, click on Gif. See red arrow below. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.21.13 PM.png

After you click on the red arrow, you will see this Box pop up.

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.24.43 PM.png

Now, just type in search bar at the bottom of that pop up, what kind of Gif you are looking for. As an Example, I will type in Yamaha. A bunch of Gifs popped up and I simply clicked on the one I wanted, Valentino Rossi! And it put it in my post for me automatically! 

Valentino Rossi Hello GIF by MotoGP

There, isn't that easy! 

seth meyers boom GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• 1 month later...

How to quote just a "part" of someone's post.

Sometimes we only need to quote a sentence, or the text of a post and don't want the quote to include someones pictures or many paragraphs of text.  This is actually really easy.

Highlight the part of a post that you want to quote, after you have highlighted it, a box will pop up "Quote selection" and all you have to do is click that, and the highlighted text will populate in your post, as a quote. 

Easy.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 10:44 PM, Cruizin said:

HOW TO POST GIFS-Slightly different but just as easy. 

02/6/2021 Simply start to post as normal and in the toolbar on the "posting page" Click the "gif icon on far right. IF you cant see it on your phone, you shortly will.

200w.webp

• 1 year later...

Attaching photos to posts is as you say "easy peasy" but how do i attach photos to PM?

34 minutes ago, Engineer said:

Attaching photos to posts is as you say "easy peasy" but how do i attach photos to PM?

Good question.  We wait for an answer.  @Cruizin or anyone?

On 9/18/2019 at 6:08 PM, Cruizin said:

HOW TO GO TO FIRST UNREAD POST IN A TOPIC/THREAD.

The main FORUM page is full of different boards/Categories.  When you click on and open a board, you will see a list of the most recently updated topics. At the left of the topic title, you will see a "Dot" or a "Star". All you have to do is click on the dot or star and then the first unread post in that topic will appear on your screen. 

See below screen shot. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 3.58.18 PM.png

Trying to select setting to view last posts first.

TIA

Edited by PYG RYDR

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 4:42 PM, Cruizin said:

I dont know of a way to rotate pics in this software, I upload a ton of pics and have never had a pic rotate sideways unless it was stored sideways on my device before uploading. 

You can, however, upload pics to an your album in gallery. And then afterwards, use "album tools" to rotate and then save the rotated image. Then, simply use the url of that image and post it in a post on the forum. 

But seriously, I have uploaded over 1000 images in this software and have never seen a image rotate on its own unless it was sideways on the original device before uploading. 

Some people have been having problems with loading fotos that were taken in portrait and when they load them they appear in panoramic. It happened to me for the first time yesterday, but I deleted the fotos, then I went to my phone, cropped them a little, then uploaded them again and they were fine.

Someone complained about it too. I told him to either open the picture in their computer and "save as" or to change format. He later said that changed the file name for the pictures, tried loading them up again, and they loaded up fine. 

• Like 2