Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lever upgrades

Hammerhead

Dropped big $ on the pazzo shortys this week, but one commute to work & the price pain was soon forgotten. Very nice!  Local (for me) BC company turning out high quality components that are a pleasure to use. Simple install with minimal but sufficient clearance to the barkbusters. Positive detent adjustability & less floppy than stock units. Great feel & the perfect length for two finger operators. 

My trials/ mountain bike habits encourage one finger operating off road & these offer enough leverage to manage that sufficiently. 

Yes, there are FAR more affordable knockoffs available, but they don't appeal to the 'buy local' part of me. Nor are vital controls the place to be scrimping in my books. "$Bling!$"

inbound6106948897771937885.jpg

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, UtahJack said:

"Links" please.

Sorry mate, I'm terrible at that. Search "Pazzo racing" you can buy direct from them but I actually found them cheaper through their Ontario distributor, "Motorcycle innovations" that saved me 7% tax + shipping. Even though they were then delivered directly from Vancouver. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the post.

I used Paazo Racing's motorcycle fitment chart to determine what motorcycle models share the same clutch/brake levers as the Tenere T700.

As I had a hard time finding what would fit our Tenere T700 on many retail sites. As many of the sites don't have the Tenere T700 listed on their sites yet.

Pazzo Racing Brake & Clutch Lever cross reference chart:

I edited and consolidated what motorcycle models share the same clutch and brake levers as the Tenere T700.

T700 Levers.png

I ordered CRG RC2 Brake & Clutch Lever Yamaha (FZ /MT /FJ /FJR /XSR900) Black / Shorty. (Made in California USA) I'm all for supporting our North American manufacturing companies! 🙂

It should arrive in a couple of days. I'll let yall know how it goes after I get it installed.

==================================================

In my opinion, I would not order the inexpensive MZS clutch/brake levers from Amazon. I had issues with my specific MZS brake lever on my T700.

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 2

Wow, big bucks is right, $189 for a set. I would hope there is something out there that is almost as good for less, I would love to upgrade my levers, but at that price I will live with what I have got.

I just installed the CRG RC2 set, they are solid. Are they 5x better than the $20 eBay stuff though? Probably not. 

F1A60731-8338-4ED1-89E7-64CB0145B12A.jpeg

• Like 2

One thing for sure the eBay levers are at least 5times better than the stock ones!!

👇

IMG_20200617_064627494.jpg

IMG_20200617_064547691.jpg

Edited by Stevoh
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, UtahJack said:

Wow, big bucks is right, $189 for a set. I would hope there is something out there that is almost as good for less, I would love to upgrade my levers, but at that price I will live with what I have got.

I try to justify it this way.. it's about the same cost as:

• a rear tire that may last you 5k miles
  • a Yamaha radiator guard
  • a top rack
  • a high fender kit
  • a bash plate
  • a handguard set

It's an ergonomic/comfort part for me, a cosmetic part for me, and a safety part for me.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Uncle M said:

$189 CAD is $145 USD at current exchange rate.

The $189 was USD from California distributor.

1 hour ago, UtahJack said:

The $189 was USD from California distributor.

I wonder if you could buy from the Cdn site @Hammerhead mentioned, as it's in Cdn currency?

1 hour ago, Uncle M said:

I wonder if you could buy from the Cdn site @Hammerhead mentioned, as it's in Cdn currency?

pazzodefault_2_1_600x600_crop_center.jpg

Pazzo Racing is another Canadian company that we are happy to support! Pazzo has always provided the highest...

A Canuck outfit, yes.  But can't find anything on their site saying they don't ship south of the 49th. Likely you'd be looking at some shipping costs though?? as their free shipping appears to apply to hosers only, eh...

Support of  North American manufacturing was also a large part of my choice to endur the pricing agony.  

Make no mistake, these are high quality units made right here in BC. 

Worth every loonie in my books.

• Like 1

@Hammerhead, for sure re: the B.C. company! Fellow hoser here, eh!

I have Pazzo levers on my sportbike and they're great! And will have them on my T7 this winter.

Edited by Uncle M
  • Like 1

• Moderators

@Hammerhead I will chime in as well, thanks for bringing this company to my attention. Just ordered a set of white levers, should look sharp! Cheers.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Glad some of you gents are finding value here. No, they're not cheap, but their fit, finish, feel & function are spot on.  The adjustablity factor is indispensable. A month later & can't imagine running stock units ever again.

• Like 1

I’ve got cheap $20 eBay levers on my dual sport bike- junk, never again. 

Pazzo levers on my track bike- fantastic! 
Ride-It levers on my street bike- excellent!

I’ll likely be going with the Ride-It levers again on the T7

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, DT675 said:

I’ve got cheap $20 eBay levers on my dual sport bike- junk, never again. 

Pazzo levers on my track bike- fantastic! 
Ride-It levers on my street bike- excellent!

I’ll likely be going with the Ride-It levers again on the T7

I thought the Ride-It levers were the $20 ebay ones.

https://www.amazon.ca/2014-2016-2014-2015-2011-2015-2004-2010-2016-Black/dp/B00NNL37IK/ref=pd_day0_263_2/138-2253117-0891342?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00NNL37IK&pd_rd_r=648e1fab-b9bd-460a-97fb-338b61a3eca8&pd_rd_w=W1bHD&pd_rd_wg=yqd6h&pf_rd_p=ce0c9cc4-3ec0-4378-aa21-915b3f67ba91&pf_rd_r=XY36QYYXE0GZ18E3SB2A&psc=1&refRID=XY36QYYXE0GZ18E3SB2A

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Not sure but their levers for the T7 are $62 US dollars on sale. I have them on a 2013 Triumph Street Triple and I like them.  

• Like 1

There certainly seem to be plenty of mid to low range knock-offs styled after the Pazzo's.  Some are likely just fine, others suspect.

Vital safety controls that we get to feel on every ride must be of the 100% trustworthy & unquestionable variety for this rider. No buyer remorse here having shopped locally for top quality. 

• Like 1

My CRG RC2 shorty brake lever arrived. CRG also makes standard length brake lever.

The install only took a couple of minutes.

Great machining and really tight tolerances. Almost no up and down play, negligible. Top notch quality!

Lever is for: CRG RC2 Brake Lever Yamaha FZ / MT / FJ / FJR / XSR900 Black / Shorty

Adjusted to the small dot, 1st position of 6. Closest to the grip.

KCSoECB.jpg

Adjusted to the large dot, 6th of 6 positions. Furthest away from the grip.

3Fn0kpA.jpg

I like the 3rd position feel, not having ridden with it yet. I'll see after my commute tomorrow, what position I end up liking.

It has a roller bearing engagement surface for the adjustment, so changing positions takes very little effort.

Racers adjust their levers on the track, as their brakes fade from over heating. They can adjust it out for more leverage when the brakes have faded.

The tip of the CRG brake lever is a replaceable Delrin part. If racer goes down the replaceable polymer tip can grind down on the road surface, without breaking the lever. CRG sells all parts of the levers as replaceable parts and in many colors.

My CRG RC2 shorty Clutch lever comes in tomorrow,

Install video:

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

My CRG RC2 shorty brake lever arrived. CRG also makes standard length brake lever.

The install only took a couple of minutes.

Great machining and really tight tolerances. Almost no up and down play, negligible. Top notch quality!

Lever is for: CRG RC2 Brake Lever Yamaha FZ / MT / FJ / FJR / XSR900 Black / Shorty

Adjusted to the small dot, 1st position of 6. Closest to the grip.

KCSoECB.jpg

Adjusted to the large dot, 6th of 6 positions. Furthest away from the grip.

3Fn0kpA.jpg

I like the 3rd position feel, not having ridden with it yet. I'll see after my commute tomorrow, what position I end up liking.

It has a roller bearing engagement surface for the adjustment, so changing positions takes very little effort.

Racers adjust their levers on the track, as their brakes fade from over heating. They can adjust it out for more leverage when the brakes have faded.

The tip of the CRG brake lever is a replaceable Delrin part. If racer goes down the replaceable polymer tip can grind down on the road surface, without breaking the lever. CRG sells all parts of the levers as replaceable parts and in many colors.

My CRG RC2 shorty Clutch lever comes in tomorrow,

Install video:

I have used those for years on my road race bikes racing. Have the exact ones you bought currently on my Suzuki GSX-S1000 streetbike. As you stated very good quality.

I have Pazzo on my bike but for the clutch I went to a full lever as the two finger after a while was tiring in the dirt. Two finger for the brake and full for the clutch. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 7:51 PM, Hammerhead said:

Glad some of you gents are finding value here. No, they're not cheap, but their fit, finish, feel & function are spot on.  The adjustablity factor is indispensable. A month later & can't imagine running stock units ever again.

I ran these levers on my GSXR and one ride on the T7 made me miss a good lever. I'm purchasing them asap

• Like 2

I've got a set of Vortex  levers on order, had them on my R1 for years so i'm going to give them a go on the T7.

V3-Levers-Group.png

Vortex 2.0 V3 Lever Installation should be performed by a certified mechanic only 6-way adjustable Available in short and long versions Large radius lever surface Improved ergonomics and rider comfort Laser engraved Vortex logo Always check Brake...