Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Tenere 700 2021 - no A2 Certification in EU?

didier

I preordered mine in december last year here in France. There was no news till recently when new prices were announced. The bike takes additionnal 300€ which brings it to 10K€ mark. Quiet disappointing. 

Today the dealer called me to confirm the actual order. Didn't have much news but he told me the new model is not A2 driving license compatible 😮 ! MT-07 is, Tracer 700 is but not Tenere? WTF? It is still 73hp so it is within the law limits.

Looks like colors remain the same.

I am going to the dealership tomorrow and hopefully will have more news. But I am a bit disappointed. 😞

Did you have any news for the 2021 Tenere 700?

I would be surprised if that were in fact the case. The Tracer 7 and MT-07 have the same motor and both can come adapted to the A2 which is limited to 35KW. 54KW (73HP) version is not compatible with the A2 license. Did you ask for the motorbike to be converted to A2?

No I am getting A full version, but they told me that for preorder there was no A2 version available and it is possibly because of the difference in the exhaust line that will be different from MT and Tracer.

I will report with more info tomorrow after I go to the dealership.

Edited by didier
  • Confused 1

Well I am a bit confused. Actually there was no official communication about 2021 Tenere 700 to the dealers. My dealer just noticed that orders were opened on their website and no A2 version is available. The flyer with 2021 bikes colors they received show the same Tenere with no changes. So probably there is still some time to wait before we get the actual specs.

On the other hand  my order is announced for mai 2021 😢 . The dealer told me it is fathest possible delivery date and probably it will arrive sooner. But in december it was supposed to arrive in february 😮 

Edited by didier

It should be. With few exceptions (old stock or some low volume models) no EURO4 bikes can be sold in 2021 in europe.

Edited by didier

Do you have an estimate on the delivery date in France? I am in the same situation in Greece. Pre-ordered in early December for a EURO 5 model, still waiting, no news yet on delivery date.

Yes it should be shipped in May. But as the dealer said it is the deadline so it should be shipped before.

Edited by didier
  • Sad 1

Yes ... in december it was February. So we get 300€ price increase and 2 month additional delay 😢 But as I said in my previous post there is no official Yamaha announcement it is what dealer's software says.

Hope Yamaha will manage to deliver our bikes sooner! 

I spoke today with my dealer in Greece, my EURO 5 bike is expected on second week of February, with a 400 euro price increase. At least this is what he said, it remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Hope your dealer is better informed than mine ^^.

So do you have actual order for your bike? Do you keep your order despite the price increase?

I do not have a specific order number, only what my dealer told me. The price increase is for the EURO5 model and it is for all Europe, not just Greece. We'll see, February is getting closer.

From the dealer I have placed my order with -

"The earliest eta currently for the T7 Rally is March 2021.  Unfortunately, but also expectedly Yamaha UK have increased the RRP’s on their full range this year.  The Rally is now priced at £10799 - fully on the road (inc 12 months road tax & the first registration fee).  So that’s an increase of £352 from last years price."

• 2 weeks later...

@Stefos did you get any news lately? Looks like Yamaha didn't anounced anything yet. I don't think there will be any T7 shipped this month 😞 

56 minutes ago, didier said:

@Stefos did you get any news lately? Looks like Yamaha didn't anounced anything yet. I don't think there will be any T7 shipped this month 😞 

I hope that is not the case. Last week i spoke with the dealership they told me (yet again) that they are waiting for the new bikes in February, but they may not telling me the truth. We will know soon enough I guess... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stefos said:

I hope that is not the case. Last week i spoke with the dealership they told me (yet again) that they are waiting for the new bikes in February, but they may not telling me the truth. We will know soon enough I guess... 

ok wait and see then 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i asked and this photos comme from a dealership in Spain...

Edited by didier

Maybe @gpmuccican do something about that? But it looks like it is protruding on the right side.

Edited by didier

• Supporting Vendor

Hi.
On Wednesday I will go to a Yamaha dealer, the largest in the area, who will receive some Euro5 Tenerè to deliver.
Also sells my sump guards.
I'm afraid I'll have to redevelop Thor, my skid plate all over again.
But I'm sure we'll turn this horrible toad into a princess. 🙂

manuale istruzioni.jpg

• Like 3

I wouldn't worry much about the new catalytic converter. As soon as it hits the market, new engine guards will be made (as gpmucci mentions above), give it a couple of months. Then it will be covered and you won't even know it is there. 

8 minutes ago, Stefos said:

I wouldn't worry much about the new catalytic converter. As soon as it hits the market, new engine guards will be made (as gpmucci mentions above), give it a couple of months. Then it will be covered and you won't even know it is there. 

Hope so 🙂 

Well otherwise the bikes look the same https://www.instagram.com/p/CLep5y2AI0E/
151998943_193717782517322_6871071907547056652_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fcdg3-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=fjmW1WX73EAAX-5EtlC&tp=1&oh=15c919f0e82bf6e0d8a125142df164d1&oe=605B3C04

Edited by didier
  • Like 1