Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Fuel Cap

MDB1

Be careful when you order from t7rally they don't communicate much. I ordered my screen adjuster in january and got it only yesterday. They don't inform when items are on backorder. They don't even send a shippment notification. The moment i reallised the package was sent is when french customs sent me a mail to pay vat. And yes payed the vat twice... 

Probably you will have less trubble if you live in UK.

It ils sad because otherwise the products are great and everything came well packed.

Edited by didier
  • Like 3

I’m sure someone else will be making one soon enough.

Sadly the  bad reports about this company far outweigh the good...

• Sad 1

The no hinged gas cap was a nonstarter for me. If I knew Yamaha was going such a cheap route I would have never gotten involved with the preorder fiasco in the first place!

why,  I could loose it at the gas station while trying to figure out where to set my Latte down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

Try my footpegs!

Please!

Foot pegs?  What a wanker!  I just hold my feet out in the air like a real man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WRXer said:

Foot pegs?  What a wanker!  I just hold my feet out in the air like a real man!

Um, no way am I going near this!

• Haha 1

Does this hinged cap cure the fuel loss from the cap in a tip over ?

Ive had fuel escaping from the original cap when horizontal.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:45 AM, didier said:

Be careful when you order from t7rally they don't communicate much. I ordered my screen adjuster in january and got it only yesterday. They don't inform when items are on backorder. They don't even send a shippment notification. The moment i reallised the package was sent is when french customs sent me a mail to pay vat. And yes payed the vat twice... 

It ils sad because otherwise the products are great and everything came well packed.

I had the same ordered a tail tidy late December it turned up end of February e-mailed him replied waiting for parts to come back from powder coating so not in stock at time of order.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:45 AM, didier said:

@didierI had read the same thing awhile back and contacted Ben prior to just ordering online.  Ben explained to me he knew there were some problems and was addressing them.  I received my order without issue.  Just sayin.. 

Cheers

3 hours ago, Yammybound88 said:

@didierI had read the same thing awhile back and contacted Ben prior to just ordering online.  Ben explained to me he knew there were some problems and was addressing them.  I received my order without issue.  Just sayin.. 

Cheers

There are many in N America who had bad experiences with T7rally, happy to hear that you had a positive one.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:45 AM, didier said:

US buyers beware T7rally until he sets his company logistics up a notch or two. 

T7 Rally makes good parts, should just get a US/Canada distributer and in house cust svc manager for communication. As well as clear stock/shipping disclosures at preorder point. 

I have sold motorcycle parts worldwide and communicated with customers. If I had an operation where customers ordered and I couldn't send them stock confirmation, ship date info, or even return multiple messages asking for info, I would be too embarrassed to have my name out there in that country and stop taking those orders until I could put together a customer service program.  The owner of T7 Rally obviously doesn't have that internal sensor. 

When forum members are emailing me for help with their T7 order and posting angry messages towards me, there is a serious problem and it pisses me off because i have absolutely nothing to do with T7 Rally. One member even called me out on this very forum with a visible topic.

US buyers beware T7rally until he sets his company logistics up a notch or two.   If I get one more angry Forum PM over T7 rally orders, I'm gonna block their website links and videos from my website altogether.  

Id block their name but its a name many of us will use in other unrelated conversations. 

• Like 5

I recently ordered the t7 rally seat joiner kit. Although I did not receive a shipping confirmation, the part shipped same day. After a few weeks I emailed them about my order progress and received a reply within a few hours. My order was only a day away at that point. I'm a pretty patient person so I'm not worried how long things take so long as it comes. I've had far worse experiences with internet companies. I'm happy with there products and will likely order the hinged gas cap too. (I'm in Ontario, Canada for  shipping  reference) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Are you affiliated with T7 rally?

No?

I did order some items there and didn't have any issues. A question I asked by email was never answered though.

11 hours ago, Cruizin said:

US buyers beware T7rally until he sets his company logistics up a notch or two. 

T7 Rally makes good parts, should just get a US/Canada distributer and in house cust svc manager for communication. As well as clear stock/shipping disclosures at preorder point. 

I have sold motorcycle parts worldwide and communicated with customers. If I had an operation where customers ordered and I couldn't send them stock confirmation, ship date info, or even return multiple messages asking for info, I would be too embarrassed to have my name out there in that country and stop taking those orders until I could put together a customer service program.  The owner of T7 Rally obviously doesn't have that internal sensor. 

When forum members are emailing me for help with their T7 order and posting angry messages towards me, there is a serious problem and it pisses me off because i have absolutely nothing to do with T7 Rally. One member even called me out on this very forum with a visible topic.

US buyers beware T7rally until he sets his company logistics up a notch or two.   If I get one more angry Forum PM over T7 rally orders, I'm gonna block their website links and videos from my website altogether.  

Id block their name but its a name many of us will use in other unrelated conversations. 

Ah, I did not know that. I can imagine you have a different feeling with this vendor. If I had known this I wouldn't have been posting this, or post it with a warning. I was just enthousiastic on this fuel cap 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MDB1 said:

No?

I did order some items there and didn't have any issues. A question I asked by email was never answered though.

If it was in 2021, did you pay VAT twice (UK+EU)?

3 minutes ago, didier said:

If it was in 2021, did you pay VAT twice (UK+EU)?

Yes I did. EU € 13.69 and UK £9.25 for a TailTidy.

• Like 1