Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Givi Crashbars - Where to buy?

YukonPete

With the riding season soon to start - once the epic snow pack melts (Yukon) - I am looking to install Givi crashbars on my T7. But where to find them in stock in North America? Anyone have an idea?

I purchased a pile of gear and saved a pile of $ by buying at CarpiMoto in Italy.

image.thumb.png.2be8253dd2719706921f39a3a30dbce8.png

They're $182.70 at Twisted Throttle right now.  Not sure what shipping would be to Yukon, but that's not a bad deal.

GIVI.TN2145.jpg

Provide added protection and style to your motorcycle with GIVI TN2145 Crash Bar Engine Guards for Yamaha Tenere 700. Shop now at Twisted Throttle!

Perfect! Just ordered from CarpiMoto. Seems more legit than ordering off some sketchy Ebay site. Price with shipping to Canada was $234 cdn, so a good deal. I contact Twisted Throttle earlier in the day and they said no stock and likely not to get anything until June - maybe.

For the level I ride at and in my attempt to keep added weight to a minimum these should be good.

1 hour ago, YukonPete said:

Perfect! Just ordered from CarpiMoto. Seems more legit than ordering off some sketchy Ebay site. Price with shipping to Canada was $234 cdn, so a good deal. I contact Twisted Throttle earlier in the day and they said no stock and likely not to get anything until June - maybe.

For the level I ride at and in my attempt to keep added weight to a minimum these should be good.

The bars in my opinion are designed perfect. Not over and not under designed, just right. I even added converted Wolfman tank pannier bags to fit and secured with rubber and bar clamps to the bars to hold tools, etc, etc. I plan to "double stack"those bags with Givi T513 bags (now discontinued...not sure why they're fantastic bags) and those will hold chain, extraction tools etc.

Highly recommend some good crash bar bags as they are a good place to store "on the road" gear. They're also positioned well to mount AUX light mounts.

• Like 1

I just ran these bars through some hard times, multiple hard drops. I bent the left bar in but my bike and plastics are not scratched or damaged. 

I ended up with the plastic case savers as well, since the bars have little coverage, and I noticed hard scrapes one side. Y the water pump. If you are taking the bike into rough areas it’s something to think about.

Mike