Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ACD Racing Skid Plate

Tenerecosse

Looks quality that I must say. Do you know if it will fit with the Yamaha centre-stand?

Where did you get your rim stickers/graphics from? I've been looking to get some.

Rich

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

Looks quality that I must say. Do you know if it will fit with the Yamaha centre-stand?

Where did you get your rim stickers/graphics from? I've been looking to get some.

Rich

Hi Rich, I got mine here: https://www.custommx.co.uk/product-category/graphics/accessories/rim-stickers/  Good quality and easy to fit

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Superb and thanks 😀

Rich

Check the ACD Racing sitehttps://www.acdracing.com/collections/skid-plates-trail/products/skid-plate-yamaha-tenere-700-2019 but I think they state that the skid plate will fit with the centre stand. I don't have one so cant tell you I'm afraid. Cheers. Dave: 

Edited by Tenerecosse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Rich

it fit with central stand. specified in seller link.  image.png.7763616d17e200c618207451b32d1e64.png

Edited by stan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stan said:

it fit with central stand. specified in seller link.  image.png.7763616d17e200c618207451b32d1e64.png

Yes the version 2

When I ordered my bike and Yamaha accessories I told them I needed to see those accessories before they fitted them. 
When I went to see them I found the skid plate to be a well made and strong item which also looks really good on the bike. 
The ACD racing one would have been my other option. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Hey there, ACD Factory is on the line 😎

Thank you for nice comments on our plate, proud to hear good feedback on a quality product!

Central stand. Yes, ACD skid plate for Tenere 700 is compatible with central stand. Previously it was stated in our description that 2.0 version only will fit. Not true. All ACD skid plates sold and selling can be fitted with central stand.

Colors available. We have now the skid plate available in two options — "raw aluminium" and "black powder coated". Both perform good, it's just a question of taste, of what you like more. Black paint is thick and even after years of intensive use still looks nice, tested on other products like super tenere plates for example.

Mounting instructions. Mounting ACD skid plate is very easy and fast, as these are just 4 screws and washers, which come together with ACD protection plate. But to avoid any misunderstanding we did a mounting instructions video, see it on our product's page: 

MTC000205022B-03_1200x1200.jpeg?v=157225

Engine guard Yamaha Ténéré 700 / T7 TenereModel year | 2019   Skid Plate | Bashplate | Engine guard   Skid plate designed and manufactured by ACD Racing Parts to perfectly match the Yamaha Ténéré 700 model year 2019 motorcycles. This skidplate brings high levels of protection to the...

Some more nice pics of Tenere700 is always good :) That's how the plate looks like on the bike:

20191027_150921_3ee11fd1-f482-49b9-977d-05465796b1d2_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.9d94956d2b6c0f6edc86f48fb8e001fd.jpgMTC000205022B-08_1024x1024.thumb.jpeg.fc42abf928952a9a687e9f407c36e0e6.jpeg

Any other question about ACD accessories — feel free to ask! Will be here to answer 😉

• Like 1

ACD RACING PARTS — Protect your passion

505339453_ACDTenere700banner(2)(1).jpg.012d53b10694aad8cdd4b956526d8020.jpg

4 hours ago, ACD Racing said:

Central stand. Yes, ACD skid plate for Tenere 700 is compatible with central stand. Previously it was stated in our description that 2.0 version only will fit. Not true. All ACD skid plates sold and selling can be fitted with central stand.

Based on the email exchange we had together 😉 Version 1.0 needed a cut from the owner to be compatible.

• Supporting Vendor
2 minutes ago, erey said:

Based on the email exchange we had together 😉 Version 1.0 needed a cut from the owner to be compatible.

Indeed, that’s what I said. My sorry, but that was not true in the end. It did fit... We checked the pics of the central stand and the skid plate mounted and it seemed to us as “it won’t fit together”. We couldn’t check it as central warehouse of Yamaha Accessories and spare parts Europe didn’t have stock on central stands! Was no chance to get one, all sold out 😑. But as soon as we got one on hands and mounted it with the skid plate – it fitted without any problem.

So that’s why all skid plates sold from beginning and till now on are central stand compatible. 

• Thanks 1

Looks good, but can I ask for a picture to actually see how much protection is offered underneath?

To me it looks similar to the stock one, and the linkage is still exposed at the back.

I would hope that a proper skid plate would minimize the chance breaking a critical part. I am not sure how bulletproof the linkage pivot is however.
(item 26        BW3-2217A-00 1 ARM, RELAY       in picture)

image.png.da81456d6d45e189f68a27e71e7d0073.png

29 minutes ago, MGG said:

Looks good, but can I ask for a picture to actually see how much protection is offered underneath?

To me it looks similar to the stock one, and the linkage is still exposed at the back.

I would hope that a proper skid plate would minimize the chance breaking a critical part. I am not sure how bulletproof the linkage pivot is however.

The plate appears to be solid across the underneath, so everything it covers underneath is covered. Also, it's thick. 

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, cabby said:

That black one looks the absolute dogs bollox on the blue bike, black bolts though needed. 

And it looks even better live, when you have it installed on the bike. Black skid plate fits good with all 3 color schemes of T7 (white-red, blue and black) as the bottom of all of the Tenere 700 bikes is black.

Black screws are what needed, true thing. We will replace the ones we have now with black ones for sure. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
5 hours ago, MGG said:

Indeed, the skid plate covers the underneath very good. All the underneath is covered with 4mm strong aluminium. 

And there is no need to worry about the linkage, it doesn't requires any protection, as once you are on the motorcycle — it lifts up and is higher than the plate, see the picture below.

image.thumb.png.26cd1e5f72869add1b7a6b54cf6595e2.png

While prototyping we decided to not include the linkage protection, as in real life it is useless. It just adds weight and reduces the clearance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

How to mount ACD Racing Parts skid plate?

It is very easy. Mounting points are same as the OEM skid plate. Screws and washers are included in the kit which comes with the skid plate. But to avoid any doubt, we created a mounting video instructions, check it out:

I saw a pic of a standard Yamaha skid plate after a minor bump a few days ago....it was very much deformed...it may have done its job but probably needs replacing so I suspect one of these should be on my 'wish list '

I only wish I had that pic to show...maybe next time I see the guy he will share it.

2 hours ago, Ten7 said:

Nice skid plate just wondering how much does it weigh compared to the OEM plate 👍  

The OEM plate is almost as thin as aluminum foil😜

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ten7 said:

Nice skid plate just wondering how much does it weigh compared to the OEM plate 👍  

The ACD plate only weighs 2.45 KG. That's very light considering the extra protection that it provides. The stock plate is too thin and doesn't cover enough.

• Like 4