Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What Jacket are you wearing ?

Tom_R

Just now, Totti said:

Wearing Rukka Rimo-R, because no-one here in godforsaken land sells Klim. And not a fan of shopping clothes from the internet. After first seasons not a bad jacket. If it is a real Rukka, the zippers will brake next season.

I think Klim quality has gone downhill. I've had several zippers break, including the main zipper on the Badlands. The jacket was five years old, and I expect some wear, but for the main zipper to break on a jacket that's close to $1000 US is unacceptable.

I just got a pair of brand new gloves from them, and one thumb was significantly larger than the other and would bunch up when I tried to use a GPS. Trying to get this straightforward problem resolved was a headache.

I tried the Adventure Spec Linesman for a while, and I liked the quality and fit, but it was as hot as a Gore-Tex jacket without being waterproof.

I've been wearing Mosko Basilisk now for a bit and like it. It's light, vents great, and stays cool. The only downside is that it's a bit bulky since it's meant to fit full armor underneath. Seems to be the best compromise for me.

advgoats.com

On 3/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, JwpT7 said:

has anyone ridden adventure spec clothes?  any opinions

Yes, I have the Linesman jacket, the Mongolia Trail trousers and the Aqua Pac jacket in combination with their base layers.

It is great stuff of solid quality if you are prepared to accept 'layers'. It feels strong, safe and well thought out.

Compared to more traditional adventure suits, one thing I really like is the freedom of movement.

I mostly do one day rides, but this summer I went on a longer trip to Norway and had no complaints. No regrets buying it.

Unfortunately, the quality of just about everything I have bought recently has not been up to my expectations.  I spend more time on each purchase, especially online ones, looking into what I am buying.

My year old Klim gear seems to be good quality, better than most others I have looked at.  And at their price, it should be!  I am a hard to fit size and Klim gear is about the only brand that I have found that I can buy online and not have to return.

@random1781, I doubt that Klim makes their own zippers, so a failed zipper is only partially on them.  How they handle the warranty process is of more importance to me.  Earlier this year, I did have a zipper warranty issue that Klim took care of quickly and to my satisfaction.  I was only out of pocket the cost of shipping to them, which seems to be the norm these days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just ordered this one  Z1R Zephyr it will be my first padded jacket we will see how it is once it show up, but it looks pretty good and the price very reasonable. 

image.png.e5600b6f62032084a2db0e1843edbf0c.png

• Polyester shell with ballistic fabric in shoulders, elbows and lower side panels.
  • Removable, CE level 1 elbow and shoulder pads
  • Back armor pocket. 
  • Reflective piping to increase nighttime visibility. 
  • Two back zippered vents 
  • Low-profile collar with top flap securing. 
  • Removable moisture-wicking polyester mesh liner. 
  • Also features adjustable hem/elbows/cuffs
  • Two zippered hand pockets 
  • Internal zippered pocket

Edited by maddog123