Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bigger fuel tank

TransAfrique

T7 RALLY have been working on some prototype but it has not been released yet.. I am not on facebook but they have posted some images of a cad file there.

• Like 3

I suspect IMS will make one...they already make them for current year FI dirt bikes... 

Stock tank should see 200 mile avg on 4 gallons 

If they, let say make a 5gal tank you will probably see 240 mile avg per tank... 

• Like 2

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• 1 month later...

camel-adv also is probably working on one... and that is only a rumour ...  @Camel ADV  will be able to confirm ... lol

(crossing fingers)

Edited by MGG
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

5 hours ago, MGG said:

camel-adv also is probably working on one... and that is only a rumour ...  @Camel ADV  will be able to confirm ... lol

(crossing fingers)

I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

The one that will produce the first tank will get a fair amount of orders since there will be lots of owners that will want to go on rtw trips on a Tenere 700...I think Tenere is a part of the Sahara desert...to cross similar terrain you need low weight but enough capacity...

I know a vendor is already working on tanks that will offer from 6.5 additional liters up to 16...a 32 liter total capacity will offer a range up to 650-700 kms...monstrous and worthy of the Tenere name...

Edited by al700

4 hours ago, al700 said:

The one that will produce the first tank will get a fair amount of orders since there will be lots of owners that will want to go on rtw trips on a Tenere 700...I think Tenere is a part of the Sahara desert...to cross similar terrain you need low weight but enough capacity...

I know a vendor is already working on tanks that will offer from 6.5 additional liters up to 16...a 32 liter total capacity will offer a range up to 650-700 kms...monstrous and worthy of the Tenere name...

I would be happy with 4 liters ... That way I eliminate the potential rotopax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 4:08 AM, al700 said:

In Idaho a desert tank is necessary.  We have a huge network of desolate forest service roads and trails that go days and days. 

1st Good tank will be getting my money. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

In Idaho a desert tank is necessary.  We have a huge network of desolate forest service roads and trails that go days and days. 

1st Good tank will be getting my money. 

1st good tank will be made in Europe...

Me neither...I just wrote it to tease all those smaller vendors that are outside EU to try and build their own versions sooner...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Anyone know what tank this is?  Does someone make it or is it a one off for their rally bike?  Looks pricey with the carbon shrouds.

4 minutes ago, Idarex said:

Anyone know what tank this is?  Does someone make it or is it a one off for their rally bike?  Looks pricey with the carbon shrouds.

It is the T7 Prototype. Not the production version. Parts are not available. 

• 1 month later...

Nearly 2 months since last post. Still no bigger fuel tank in sight ? I've found nothing.

44 minutes ago, qInvention said:

Nearly 2 months since last post. Still no bigger fuel tank in sight ? I've found nothing.

T7rally is supposedly doing something in this regard.

i also don't see a safari tank too far behind once more US has their bikes.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:53 AM, Idarex said:

This is the bike that should have hit the dealer floors, I would have paid double for it, don't get me wrong I love my T7 but this prototype was what made me buy the T7, this exact video was what made me save my money, I was like Wayne when he seen that strat in the guitar shop window.

They are working on a fuel tank:

10639556_750634301650205_894123066729926

Safari Tanks. 3,047 likes · 10 talking about this. Safari Tanks are Australian-made long-range motorcycle fuel tanks. Quality tanks sold around the world since 2001.

• Like 1

Some of the great parts providers who are clearly already working their butts off to provide us with quality parts for the t7 please read this, 

The thing i want most is a larger fuel tank & auxiliary tanks at the rear. 

Looking at removing the main fuel tank and having a spilt tank at the front that can incorporate the front fairings as extra fuel space & an underside tank for a reserve at the rear, either singular or again split to incorporate the rear fairings.

10.2 Liters.    That is a significant boost.
What is sacrified?
And what farkles are not compatible anymore?

I would be happy to see the prototype... So I  have a reason to start saving money 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T7rally.com said:

Yep thats partly the reason its taken me a while as getting less capacity would have been easy or if I had just ignored the handling issues caused by replacing the original with a huge main tank. Both I discounted through testing along the way.

Nothing is sacrificed, in actual fact it adds a number of additional benefits as well as the increased fuel capacity and all "farkles" are still compatible as none of the external dimensions change. So you can use all racks, protection etc etc. As such you cant tell easily  just by looking that its even fitted.

This sounds indeed very promising for all the people who are in need of a bigger fuel tank.. 

Any pictures you can or would like to share would be greatly appreciated by all the members. 

📸🔥🤓

Aleks 

• Like 2