Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bigger fuel tank

TransAfrique

I installed a Camel tank and I’m very impressed. It’s a nice clean simple install. I don’t notice it at all when I ride. If you need extra range it’s something to consider. 

27 minutes ago, Toddler said:

I installed a Camel tank and I’m very impressed. It’s a nice clean simple install. I don’t notice it at all when I ride. If you need extra range it’s something to consider. 

Cory has great products that is for sure I have few of them on my bike but for some reason I would prefer to have one big tank vs aux just personal preference.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 6:02 PM, T7rally.com said:

Its taken quite a while but we are almost there with the fuel tank. 10.2L of additional fuel is possible and ALL external dimensions of the bike remain unchanged. Also weight distribution is low and centralised for near perfect weight distribution. I will post up some details and pics on our vendors page as soon as I have the first production kits ready.

... @T7rally.com ... This is almost a year in waiting ... I saw some posts about it being tested in the field but no real evidence it even exists.

I guess Rotopax is getting my money soon.

• Like 3

I talked to Daniel at IMS last fall who said they had no current plans at that point!but to check back in in the spring.. I just sent him another email to see if any plans we’re going forward. I’ll update later once I get his reply. 

So it looks like I’ll be ordering a Camel Tank soon. At least it’ll still be a viable aux tank if IMS or T7Rally every actually release a larger primary tank. 

Heard back from Daniel @ IMS regarding a fuel tank. He said they have not started nor does it look like it’ll be a future offering because they simply aren’t seeing any demand. They are getting requests for T7 foot pegs and that’s it. So unless people step up and start contacting IMS, Safari, etc for a larger main tank it’s just not going to happen. 

I’d like to thank Cory at @Camel ADVfor getting on his auxiliary tank from the start. 👍🏻 I was holding out for an IMS as I prefer the centralized location but I’ll be ordering a Camel Tank soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BMRT7 said:

0F47EA92-CCD7-44BE-90D4-28638BFA7667.thumb.png.dd181dd36fb9a761abe22ec9f9094348.png

C4ADC6C1-8026-44A3-B324-CB72F3B43388.thumb.png.9102d1ca70d89a1b5e57cc42de30ba38.png

I’d contact safari and see where they are with theirs. 

Argh.. they went all wrong with theirs imo. Built it up high and out making the already somewhat top heavy bike even more so. 

I’d like to see more about what T7Rally has going on... over 2 gallons extra fuel and not supposed to be up high or change the front of the bike allowing existing crashbars and such to still fit. 

Safari alright, like an elephant sighting.... my balls get squeamish just looking at those pics....Imagine trying to fit a tank bag atop that hideous lump. It’d  have to be stuffed into your chest if you wanted to see over it. No thanks.

Camel has it cased, distributing the extra weight out back & lower in an already available space. 

• Like 1

I would rather carry it on a rack at the back than the Safari. If i need the extra range other than my RotoPax i will buy the Camel tank. Or walk 😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

I’d like to see more about what T7Rally has going on... over 2 gallons extra fuel and not supposed to be up high or change the front of the bike allowing existing crashbars and such to still fit. 

Yeah same. But I stopped holding my breath with anything related to T7 Rally. Very inconsistent (IMHO) communications and reliability.

I would love the Camel rear mounted aux fuel, but am already committed to the Rally Raid soft luggage rack and SW Moto rear tail rack. And as I understand, I would need to mod those, or at least the mounting points, in order to fit the Camel tank. So for now, I'll wait. Not in a huge hurry to add extra capacity but will eventually get around to it. Ha!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this today while looking at his FB page for pegs.

Kinda got me excited!

936E0957-DB08-46F7-874B-56011776E828.jpeg

• Confused 1

I am contemplating fitting a Camel ADV aux tank does anyone know if this will fit with a  T7rally tail tidy due to the repositioning of the indicators?

Edited by Mapbook

• 2 months later...

Price seems to be around 350€ and doesn't require any changes to bike. Probably lighter than stock too.

Interesting indeed. Only short coming seems to be that it doesn't seem to be available immediately or first batch is so small that only few will get it.

On 8/2/2021 at 6:04 AM, Trikke said:

FUEL TANKS TENERE 700 PLASTICS YAMAHA motorcycle Acerbis code 0024743

Acerbis has released a 22/23L plastic tank for the bike.

Nice find ... 

Here is the only prices links I have with some additional details.

This is a must for us normal people. 24,95  *

https://www.off-the-road.de/en/Other-bikes-otr/Tanks/Acerbis-tank-cap-big-locking.html

Acerbis replacement gas tank cap.
Locking version with big  diameter.
Fits also our aluminium tank nozzle (big cap).
All caps are breathable. Non locking gas caps come with aan additional breather hose.

Acerbis tank cap, big, locking

The actual Fuel tank details: 369,95  *

https://www.off-the-road.de/en/700-Tenere/Bodywork/Acerbis-22-Liter-Fuel-Tank-Yamaha-Tenere-700.html?listtype=search&searchparam=tenere 700

Acerbis 22 / 23 Liter Long Range Fuel Tank Yamaha Tenere 700

The new huge Acerbis long range fuel tank with about 23 liter capacity is a perfect replacement for the oem fuel tank.
Best solution if you need to cover long distances without fuel supply. With this fuel tank you will manage to go for about 550 km without fuel stop.
Installation does not require any modification on the bike.

OEM Yamaha fuel cap will not fit. Tank come with simple tank cap. If you need a lockable fuel tank cap - see accessories.

Details:
  • Tank capacity about 22 / 23 liter
  • replacement for oem fuel tank
  • Made of high-strength plastic
  • lightweight and strong
  • Easy assembly 
  • all needed parts included
  • Made in Italy
  • No TUV papers
Fits all:
  • Yamaha Tenere 700 from 2019 onwards
  • Like 2