Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Other bikes in the garage

RoyFrance

MT09, Versys, VStrom, T7. Also a TU250X not in the picture...

IUCq0Er.jpg

Edited by discoganya
  • Like 4

A 3rd bike is will be happening in the next month or two.  I need a larger garage, lol

• Premium Member
On 10/1/2023 at 3:13 PM, discoganya said:

MT09, Versys, VStrom, T7. Also a TU250X not in the picture...

IUCq0Er.jpg

@discoganya And your favourite one is?

• Premium Member
On 10/6/2023 at 5:43 AM, discoganya said:

The 2021 MT09 - the best street bike I've ever had.

@discoganya Thanks.... I kind of guessed and knew or hoped that MT-09 would be the one. I had an 2014 MT-09 and liked it but the early ones suspension wise were not good. The current Mk2 50cc bigger ones are much better. The SP version must be awesome. I'm sticking with my MT-10 though for another while though. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Another addition to my garage; yesterday I brought home a nicely modded 2008 DRZ400 with 3,600 miles. My first experience with the Tubliss system, which was recently installed along with new tires, so I'll find out how that goes. This will be my single track/dual sport/play bike, and for riding other than in a couple of relatively close by  state forests it'll be getting time in the back of my truck.

This is the only bike I've ever bought twice, as I once owned a first model year (2000) DRZ400. I can already tell the fully adjustable suspension on this one is way better than the non-adjustable bits on the previous one. Had to laugh when I picked up the back end of the bike to move it into its storage spot. Can't quite do that with the T7.

My dog continues to be unimpressed with any bike I bring home.

20231020_132813.jpg.ab1cbf1f214e8541709670e570415ff3.jpg  

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, jdub53 said:

Another addition to my garage; yesterday I brought home a nicely modded 2008 DRZ400 with 3,600 miles. My first experience with the Tubliss system, which was recently installed along with new tires, so I'll find out how that goes. This will be my single track/dual sport/play bike, and for riding other than in a couple of relatively close by  state forests it'll be getting time in the back of my truck.

This is the only bike I've ever bought twice, as I once owned a first model year (2000) DRZ400. I can already tell the fully adjustable suspension on this one is way better than the non-adjustable bits on the previous one. Had to laugh when I picked up the back end of the bike to move it into its storage spot. Can't quite do that with the T7.

My dog continues to be unimpressed with any bike I bring home.

20231020_132813.jpg.ab1cbf1f214e8541709670e570415ff3.jpg  

@jdub53 The Dog dislikes you playing with the bikes and not him. Nice DRZ. I had an Enduro E. Profile Rottie seems cool too. 

10 hours ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

@jdub53 The Dog dislikes you playing with the bikes and not him. Nice DRZ. I had an Enduro E. Profile Rottie seems cool too. 

Thanks. If she can't eat it, my Lab in the pic just isn't interested in much.

The profile pic was our previous dog, a 120-pound Rottie/Dobie mix. Every time I put a bike(s) in the driveway to take a picture, Ripley would sit himself down for a profile shot which got to be pretty funny.  I traveled a lot for work back then, and never worried about my wife or son while gone with Ripley's intimidating presence around the house (even though we'd nicknamed him the Gentle Giant, which he was).

Sorry for the thread hijack...  

IMG_1875.JPG.2aa7c444656476bf1349133bef0c39c7.JPGSandRipley.jpg.a80289df22d6a35a7f164943350a65e7.jpg045.JPG.b3ed3a090674c7f79556bb0d752f03c5.JPGIMG_0022.JPG.846c867242917fb3721bf3de4ddc7d4e.JPGIMG_0563.JPG.bc42496df25b6a8e2781a1cbc2678702.JPG

• Like 3

• Moderators

Ah, the DRZ. We had three in our family at one time and my boys got to be pretty decent riders practicing their dirt skills on them. We've since moved on to Austrian and Italian replacements,  but the DRZ was/is bulletproof and never let us down. Your Rottie was a natural, posing right on cue and a clear and present danger to unwelcome visitors. 😉

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 months later...

Just bought myself a 2017 Husky FE501!

20240117_220701.jpg

• Like 7

I bought that little 2007 Beemee (Rotax engine) 2 years ago just to start riding again after 30 years on bycicles and cars only. I had so much fun riding again that I decided to get a T7.

1.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

I bought that little 2007 Beemee (Rotax engine) 2 years ago just to start riding again after 30 years on bycicles and cars only. I had so much fun riding again that I decided to get a T7.

1.jpg

Nice! My Terra is basically this with a Husky sauce poured on top. I still love it to bits!

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

• 1 month later...

Bought a 2019 Niken GT. I have the same engine in the 2016 XSR900. These two and the T7 should keep me busy. 

CF1B2066-79FE-4457-8690-02F06EBF0FF8.jpeg

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6798.jpeg

• Like 3

@wardylondon I have only seen pictures of those. I bet people stop and talk to you everywhere you go.

That bike will be in a museum someday, next to the Honda Rune...

I like to see this odd stuff, than you for sharing!

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Hey Hibobb, They are not very popular.  I only picked it up on Saturday and went to fill up for the first time 5 mins into ownership and the young lady at the petrol station asked me straight off the bat "does that bike have two front wheels? What on earth is it?"  I had one as a courtesy bike when the Tenere was in for a fettle and I wasnt particularly impressed.  Felt like a top heavy Tracer 900.  But I bought it to do some long distance touring in the UK and Ireland and across the other side of La Mancha (as I like to call the English Channel).  I've covered 200 miles now and I've decided I actually rather like it.  I've had a few small slides on the rear Bridgestone A41 already, so I think when that's up, I'll get some S22s or PR 4/5s.  Tyre choice is a challenge with the maxi scoot 15 inch front wheels.  It has a California Scientific after market screen (massive - about 25 inches long) - made in Missouri apparently despite the name.  On the m25 in the rain, I barely got damp.  You can ride visor up at 70 mph plus, not that I'd go faster than 70 mph in the UK of course.

Edited by wardylondon
  • Like 1

Talking of odd stuff, I also bought Aleks T7 SM a couple of years back.   I added a top box, remodeled the seat (from a tippy toe 910mm) dropped the suspension 40mm and added a centre stand and a wrap. I wonder can I get some speed blocks on the Niken? Probably not a good idea.

image.jpeg.ebe206fc8ed8491863e861d33e53ea1c.jpeg

• Like 2

This one followed me home today.  It's a new old stock 2022 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT.  There are some good deals on the few remaining ones left in stock. 

20240229_141844.jpg.bdba10072f34fce819284277459fd6d1.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

This one followed me home today.  It's a new old stock 2022 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT.  There are some good deals on the few remaining ones left in stock. 

20240229_141844.jpg.bdba10072f34fce819284277459fd6d1.jpg

Congrats! Please provide some feedback once you've put some miles on it.

• Like 1

@jdub53 your report from your Europe trip where you rented a GT+ was one of the things that got me interested in this bike. I would have liked to have the 2024, but the features were not enough to outweigh the large discount for a 2022.

I saw in another thread that you have an Air Hawk seat.  Which model do you have? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

@jdub53 your report from your Europe trip where you rented a GT+ was one of the things that got me interested in this bike. I would have liked to have the 2024, but the features were not enough to outweigh the large discount for a 2022.

I saw in another thread that you have an Air Hawk seat.  Which model do you have? 

I can understand deciding between the deals available on new 2022 models vs the extra cost of a GT+, and if I had to decide today it would be a tough choice with my only frame of reference being the GT+.

I have both the Airhawk medium cruiser (wider/shorter) and cruiser (narrower/longer) cushions, which fortunately I haven't had to use for years.

Get the best leading Motorcycle Seat Cushions near you. Explore our wide range of high quality products and best services at airhawk.net

I bought used what's now called the cruiser model many years ago when facing a trip to the Smokey Mtns on my KLR, and was amazed at the end of a 500 mile highway day that I was still perfectly comfortable on the KLR's torture device seat. Of course my hands were numb for a week from the KLR's vibes, but no butt complaints. I won't bore you with all the different bikes and trips my wife and I have used the Airhawks on over the years, but just suffice it to say the Airhawks have never disappointed when called into service.

Edit: Pic of the cruiser model on the DR650 OEM seat. Not pretty but functional.

SAM_1984.JPG.a58eb6b5bcfd6cc92bf086379e5efca1.JPG

Edited by jdub53
Added pic

On 2/28/2024 at 6:57 PM, wardylondon said:

Talking of odd stuff, I also bought Aleks T7 SM a couple of years back.   I added a top box, remodeled the seat (from a tippy toe 910mm) dropped the suspension 40mm and added a centre stand and a wrap. I wonder can I get some speed blocks on the Niken? Probably not a good idea.

image.jpeg.ebe206fc8ed8491863e861d33e53ea1c.jpeg

A bit of a yammy collection building up there bud. 👍

That’s true Dougie. I’ve had Kawasakis, KTMs, Suzukis and recently all Yamahas. Never Honda for some reason. But it’s about the models rather than the manufacturer and Yamaha with their MT/Tenere/Tracer/Niken range seem to be producing some of the best bikes at the moment. Not the fastest, most powerful or best handling but just a happy blend of performance, reliability and affordability. 

• Like 3

So added another bike to the stable

Couldn’t afford a newer bike so had settle with an old beater. Good runner and will tidy up when i get it into shed

53bee0b2-754f-4eac-afa4-05fb21abbcfe.jpeg

• Like 6

@john_aero A huge amount of fun can be had on a low dollar used bike... well done!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~