Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Other bikes in the garage

RoyFrance

48 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

@john_aero A huge amount of fun can be had on a low dollar used bike... well done!

Thats exactly it ane bike is still more advanced than i am

No more room for a third bike

IMG_20231231_202034.jpg

• Like 1

Ah man! All you guys and your new Tracer GTs...

My friend who rode a rental GT+ two up with his wife in August when I rode one solo during our Alps tour just sent me this pic today after picking his up:

IMG_5502.jpg.c54ccf95b99e6ade7a2731805a82c8e2.jpg

I had to laugh when he said he couldn't believe how fast it was with just him on it; something he hadn't experienced before (but it was plenty fast with both of them on it too).

• Like 2

@jdub53 There still are a couple of the 2022 Tracer GTs in PA at good pricing.  I had a quote for $12,460 OTD with dealer tags from one of them.  I suspect most dealers are like my local one and going to add about $1,500 in ADM, putting the GT+ around $18K plus tags and tax. 

While I would prefer having a GT+, it wasn't worth the additional cost to me for the two features I was interested in - adaptive cruise control and the single display. 

The GT+ primarily differs from the 2021-2023 in the electronics package that incorporates radar into the electronics.  The 2021-2023 do have the 6-axis IMU and semi-active suspension, and the rest of the bike is virtually identical other than color. 

I rode mine this past weekend with a couple of friends on a modded MT09 and a Ducati Monster.  Even taking it easy during break in, I was able to keep up just fine.  I couldn't be more pleased with this bike!  It's fun on the back roads and nimble around town, yet put on the bags and it cruises very nicely.  I guess you could say it's a modern UJM!

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 2

It always surprises me how much tech Yamaha has in house. (And seemingly very reliable with no issues)

I wonder when the CP2 platform bikes will get some of it. 

Aprilia Tuareg 660

IMG_20231005_103213.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I’m a two stroke nut. 3100 original miles on the 400 and the 200 has 6800 miles. Nothing like the smell of premix in the morning! 

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_1328.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

My bastard child rd350 with Honda bodywork 

IMG_7618.jpeg

IMG_7619.jpeg

Edited by Moto X
  • Like 4

@Moto X I had a Yamaha R5 (predecessor to the RD350) when I was young and crazier. After converting to a hopped up cafe racer, it was a hoot to ride and did awesome 2nd gear wheelies, crossed up around corners. I rode it like a hyper moto bike and only crashed once. 

• Like 2

Same here when I was young. Had a R5 and DS7 at the same time. Sold them and built a Rau Suzuki GS550 from scratch. Rau's frames where a copy of the famous Egli.

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Hannu said:

I have a little too much love for Yamaha in relation to my garage.
But at least once a year I try to honor the anniversary of Yamaha Motors, around July 1st, and roll out, and drive all my jewels.
So the pictures are from last year, and a few Hondas have crept in.

I look forward to "Yamaha Day" 2024.

Yamahadagen3.JPG

Yamahadagen2.JPG

Damn!! 👍

These are the two that I have in my garage. Same power and torque but very different bikes.

Jaume.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 4:45 PM, Moto X said:

I’m a two stroke nut. 3100 original miles on the 400 and the 200 has 6800 miles. Nothing like the smell of premix in the morning! 

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_1328.jpeg

Just now, hrsenecan said:

Wow, that RD 200 ('72?) was the first street bike I  learned to  ride at 14. My dad sent me off  on some country  dirt roads from  my grandparents house  and I quickly fell in  love. I got my '73 RD350 at 16 and  updated to a '77 Blue RD400 at 18.  61  now  with great memories of those  bikes!

• Like 1