Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

PLEASE HELP!!! Shipping Seaways

Rickywt

Hey guys, I had ordered a Yamaha Tenere 700 from Yamaha Singapore and now that the bike has arrived in the dealership, I am trying to transport the bike in a container via Seaways to Kolkata port.

But I am having issue with my Shipping agent as they are saying Motorcycle battery is dangerous so cant cannot ship it. Can anyone give me any solutions or any advice that would be highly grateful.

Please help!!!

Remove the battery or maybe provide an MSDS

Edited by Rider 101

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

3 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Remove the battery or maybe provide an MSDS

Could you please clarify more on this topic?

I have the MSDS below:

https://www.yuasabatteries.com.au/getattachment/Resources/SDS/SDS-1898-VALVE-REGULATED-AGM-GEL-NON-SPILLABLE-BATTERY.PDF?lang=en-AU

So if i just remove the battery from the bike but have it in the shipping crate disconnected with the bike, will I be able to ship it?

Edited by Rickywt

I would have thought the shipping agent would accept the MSDS especially as it is a non-spillable battery. I guess if you took the battery out and bought a new one in Kolkata. 

I would put pressure on the shipping agent.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

1 minute ago, Rider 101 said:

I would have thought the shipping agent would accept the MSDS especially as it is a non-spillable battery. I guess if you took the battery out and bought a new one in Kolkata. 

I would put pressure on the shipping agent.

I did put pressure on the shipping agent and they said many agents were not accepting the bike with the battery and one did accept to take the bike with the battery but that agent was charging me a surcharge of $1200 which is just doesnt make sense. 

45 minutes ago, Rickywt said:

surcharge of $1200

Fly over and ride it home.....

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

16 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Fly over and ride it home.....

I think it has to cross the ocean.

In other news... Kolkata Police to declutter impound yards

93854812.jpg

Kolkata Police will auction off one ambulance, a cab, a few buses, several trucks and small trucks, and more than one hundred two-wheelers.

image.png.54b11ca2e291280b19a2cdb294267f6b.png

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 minute ago, Hibobb said:

image.png.54b11ca2e291280b19a2cdb294267f6b.png

I would have loved to fly over and ride it but I dont have time at the moment to go for a long tour. At the moment I am trying to find an easier way to ship it.

For the cost of buying a new battery its a no brainer.  Dump the battery and just buy a new one when the bike arrives! 

What a crap. We shipped dozen times our bikes, only disconnect the battery, put tape around the poles and leave it in place. The world is getting crazy nowadays. 

Ask them how the billions of cars trucks motorcycles etc get shipped around the world… what a bunch of morons.