Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is it Normal to have this on my T7?

Rickywt

Hey guys,

My NEW Tenere 700, 2022 model just arrived and the Odometer driven is only 7 KM.

Is it normal for the engine signal to stay solid red in my bike all the time? Please help!! Its a new bike so I shouldn't changing oil at the moment.

Picture below

IMG_7934.jpg

Edited by Rickywt

Don't ride it! Have your dealer pick up the bike and check it for you - on his costs.

It might be low oil level, or maybe your oil pump is defective.

Edit: Ignore my post and see Ray's reply below. No revs, engine not running, thus no oil pressure 😂

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1

image.png.61528607737ed41b50754cf68c288f5d.png

It should be on until you start the bike.

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Does it stay on when the engine is running or just the key in the ignition? It stays on when the bike isn't started to show the lights are working. After that, it shuts off and is normal. 

Call the dealer, and also check the oil level in the side window before starting to make sure there is oil at the right level. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Does it stay on when the engine is running or just the key in the ignition? It stays on when the bike isn't started to show the lights are working. After that, it shuts off and is normal. 

Call the dealer, and also check the oil level in the side window before starting to make sure there is oil at the right level. 

Good point, I assumed the engine was running 😅

• Like 1

I don't see any refs so the bike is not running.
If the bike doesn't run it has no oil pressure and the light will be on. Once the bike is started it turns off within seconds.

Edited by Ray Ride4life
  • Like 1

@Rickywt, any feedback for us? It is always nice to get closure on a problem. 

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 minute ago, Hibobb said:

@Rickywt, any feedback for us? It is always nice to get closure on a problem. 

Hi, I will definitely get back to you in a bit. I will try to see whether the oil pressure signal goes off when engine start or whether it stays on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I don't see any refs so the bike is not running.
If the bike doesn't run it has no oil pressure and the light will be on. Once the bike is started it turns off within seconds.

sorry, you are right! It’s early early in the morning here so I am going to my garage to check if the oil pressure light stays solid on when the vehicle engine is ON. I will get back to you in a bit. 🙏🏼

12 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Hey Scorpion, I really appreciate your reply. I am new to the motorcycle world so I am an amateur at this. At the moment, it’s about early 5am here, very soon I will go to my garage to check whether the oil pressure signal stays on solid when the engine is running on or not. I will let you know in a bit. 🙏🏼

12 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Don't ride it! Have your dealer pick up the bike and check it for you - on his costs.

It might be low oil level, or maybe your oil pump is defective.

Edit: Ignore my post and see Ray's reply below. No revs, engine not running, thus no oil pressure 😂

Hey bud, thanks for your reply. I am new to the motorcycle world so I am still learning. I appreciate your reply, Today I will go check to see if the oil pressure signal still stay solid ON or not when the engine is running on. I will let you know soon🙏🏼

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the amazing replies. Turns out that when you start the engine, the red oil pressure signal automatically goes off, which according to all your replies and manual seems to show it’s a normal behaviour for motorcycles 

For a long time not having a motorcycle has left me lost not knowing much. 

thanks again for all the replies. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rickywt said:

Thank you everyone for the amazing replies. Turns out that when you start the engine, the red oil pressure signal automatically goes off, which according to all your replies and manual seems to show it’s a normal behaviour for motorcycles 

If you want to understand why this happens: it is a side effect of using an oil pressure sensor to determine whether there is enough oil in the system. The pressure needed to measure only builds up with a running engine.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

28 minutes ago, duibhceK said:

If you want to understand why this happens: it is a side effect of using an oil pressure sensor to determine whether there is enough oil in the system. The pressure needed to measure only builds up with a running engine.

Thank you so much.