Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Which Exhaust to Choose?

Rickywt

Hey guys need your help!

Which exhaust to choose, I love the OEM exhaust but due to the muffler hitting the swing arm, I am planning to get those short mufflers.

I am thinking CAMEL ADV EXHAUST OR SCORPION RED EXHAUST OR HP CORSE EXHAUST.

I am specifically looking for a-little louder exhaust than the OEM so in the road car notice and give way.

Anyone who has heard all the above exhaust or has one, please feel free to send me your advice. I would love to hear you all 🙂

🙏🙏🙏

3 minutes ago, Tom_R said:

Go for HP-Corse High or Mivv Dakar .....

Agree. But the HP Corse is actually a little less loud than the OEM exhaust.

Anyway, loud pipes don't save lives. They'll hear you once you have passed, not before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rickywt said:

so in the road car notice and give way

I hope you just use that as an excuse to mount a louder exhaust and know it's a myth?
By the time those cars hear the exhaust you're already past.
You didn't fill in your profile so i can't see where you're living but if it is in Europe please keep it silent, there are already way too much roads closed because of the snowflake maffia.

• Like 3

• Moderators

@Rickywt Having had the @Camel ADV Rally pipe on my T7 for a year/ 4,000 miles, I can confirm that it fixes the issues with the oem mount and while it isn't really any louder than the oem, it is a bit " throatier", so you shouldn't be attracting the noise police.  Looks great too. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

42 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I hope you just use that as an excuse to mount a louder exhaust and know it's a myth?
By the time those cars hear the exhaust you're already past.
You didn't fill in your profile so i can't see where you're living but if it is in Europe please keep it silent, there are already way too much roads closed because of the snowflake maffia.

Thank you for your concern. I just updated my profile, I am from Bhutan. I am the only person in the whole of the country to have a Yamaha Tenere 700. Here the road are very small so a little loud exhaust in slow speed due to hill curvy road helps a lot. 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@Rickywt Having had the @Camel ADV Rally pipe on my T7 for a year/ 4,000 miles, I can confirm that it fixes the issues with the oem mount and while it isn't really any louder than the oem, it is a bit " throatier", so you shouldn't be attracting the noise police.  Looks great too. 

Thanks a lot for the advice. I was moving to buy HP Corse from Racing One Lab site as they have super reasonable short exhaust full set from Italy but I was little annoyed as the person who replied to emails was very rude. On the other hand with the HP corse price tag, I could get Camel Adv 1 clutch finger, Camel Adv stronger spring for side stand and a Camel Adv Gas cap seal for Hp corse price tag.

I love the adv and scorpion exhaust but having to saw off the side holder of the exhaust is something I dont think I can do for my new bike. Still deciding here 🙂

To add to my previous post, i have a MIVV Dakar.
It is EURO 4/5 approved but is has a great sound but at low RPM it's silent, ideal to pass the snowflkes on their walk but a good grunt under load.
Funny is that now it's muddy i don't see the snowflakes.

• Like 1

CamelADV quality is excellent and the sound is awesome. I have the dB killer removed from their standard muffler and it is the perfect sound level for me. With the dB killer installed I had trouble hearing the engine when riding. 

• Like 2