Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 High Fender Kit

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor

Install video for our High Fender Kit:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Hi I am thinking of ordering the kit for my SM conversion... Could you please let me know if the brakes lines are braided? 

What is the shipping time for the item considering the current situation and if I could pay with paypal. 

Delivery to UK. 

Many thanks, 

Aleks 

@Aleksandar13 I’ve just fitted my high fender kit. 

The brake lines are braided with black coating. They are high quality hoses and end fittings, better than stock in my opinion.

My kit was shipped on 13th March and landed on my door 2nd April which should give you an idea of delivery times.

• Like 1

Ok so fender kit installed using Polisport fender and Touratech high crash bars. If anyone else is considering the same combination you WILL need to space your fender down. Without spacers the fender just rubs on the crash bars.

I used some 5mm M6 spacers and M6 penny washers to space it down, so about 6.5mm total spacing. The penny washers are there to stop the spacers I had sinking into the plastic mounting plate (due to the funky slotted holes in the red Polisport fender adaptor plate). You could just get some 25mm OD spacers made up and not bother with the penny washers. I also used some slightly longer bolts than those provided in the kit - M6x30mm.

AC0162D1-8C71-4A33-B578-76108093506E.thumb.jpeg.dd5fe35fdecb9bf9cfda4956de0b3e73.jpeg

This is the clearance I ended up with (I’ve placed a sheet of paper behind crash bars for contrast).

D1503DE3-628A-4150-9F01-4A023A98590C.thumb.jpeg.ec9c7ebdf6e5c10e3add06f96b3d61d0.jpeg

Other than this very minor compatibility issue, I must say that kit is excellent quality and installing it for myself has made me appreciate how incredibly well thought out the kit is. The devil is in the details, like how existing mounting holes on the fork guards have been re-used, and how the hoses are set up to bow out forward and slightly outward under suspension compression. The end result is really quite elegant in it’s simplicity. Awesome job @Camel ADV👍

D7B22C4D-03D0-4D7F-9ADA-0F67AA663668.thumb.jpeg.4d2767322889c7b79ae00835963dd904.jpeg

Just need to trim the tops of my fork guards tomorrow and find a place somewhere on the bike for my Camel ADV stickers that came with the kit!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
21 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Hi I am thinking of ordering the kit for my SM conversion... Could you please let me know if the brakes lines are braided? 

What is the shipping time for the item considering the current situation and if I could pay with paypal. 

Delivery to UK. 

Many thanks, 

Aleks 

The brake line are braided stainless steel units from Galfer. Shipping though the post is terrible right now but UPS has been great with transit time at about a week for most locations. Yes, PayPal is accepted on our website.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, CReamflourish said:

Ok so fender kit installed using Polisport fender and Touratech high crash bars. If anyone else is considering the same combination you WILL need to space your fender down. Without spacers the fender just rubs on the crash bars.

I used some 5mm M6 spacers and M6 penny washers to space it down, so about 6.5mm total spacing. The penny washers are there to stop the spacers I had sinking into the plastic mounting plate (due to the funky slotted holes in the red Polisport fender adaptor plate). You could just get some 25mm OD spacers made up and not bother with the penny washers. I also used some slightly longer bolts than those provided in the kit - M6x30mm.

AC0162D1-8C71-4A33-B578-76108093506E.thumb.jpeg.dd5fe35fdecb9bf9cfda4956de0b3e73.jpeg

This is the clearance I ended up with (I’ve placed a sheet of paper behind crash bars for contrast).

D1503DE3-628A-4150-9F01-4A023A98590C.thumb.jpeg.ec9c7ebdf6e5c10e3add06f96b3d61d0.jpeg

Other than this very minor compatibility issue, I must say that kit is excellent quality and installing it for myself has made me appreciate how incredibly well thought out the kit is. The devil is in the details, like how existing mounting holes on the fork guards have been re-used, and how the hoses are set up to bow out forward and slightly outward under suspension compression. The end result is really quite elegant in it’s simplicity. Awesome job @Camel ADV👍

D7B22C4D-03D0-4D7F-9ADA-0F67AA663668.thumb.jpeg.4d2767322889c7b79ae00835963dd904.jpeg

Just need to trim the tops of my fork guards tomorrow and find a place somewhere on the bike for my Camel ADV stickers that came with the kit!

Your bike looks great!

Good info about the Polisport fender and Touratech crash bars. We'll start a, "What fits and what hits" list and include that info.

Did you select UPS or Postal for your order? I'm a bit surprised it took 2 weeks to arrive. Perhaps there are customs clearance delays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Did you select UPS or Postal for your order? I'm a bit surprised it took 2 weeks to arrive. Perhaps there are customs clearance delays.

@Aleksandar13

I selected the standard postal delivery option. Sorry I should have said!

It was a bit slow, but still within the delivery standard for that service (just!). I just put it down to this Covid thing kicking off. 

• Thanks 1

Nice kit and decals. Could you share a few more pics? I am for the same fender and kit.

Hello 🙂

How do you call the red support allowing to leverage the bike?

Do you know where may I find it and how much is the average price?

Many thanks

IMG_3295.thumb.jpeg.1729df02c1f00a27b6cbeb615938f5fa.jpeg

A note on low fenders in offroad situations. 

I damn near got killed on my brother's SR 500 in the Early 1980's riding off road a fast speed, a rock got lodged between my tire and fender, locked the front wheel up and launched me 20 yards. Damn near killed me, broke my collarbone, broke some teeth, and left a huge gash in my head with a severe concussion. If I hadn't landed in a creek, doctor said I probably would have broken my neck and died on the spot. 

I haven't ridden low fender streetbikes off road ever since. Can you blame me? 

And here is a T-7 picture from our very own @Motoadventure .  He had to take his low fender off offroad because it had caked up with mud, dirt and rocks and locked up on him. 

IMG_2564.thumb.jpg.abb90d6ce2523383bc526

If you ride off road, don't end up like either of our stories above. Get this high fender kit, treat your bike like a proper dirtbike and it will take care of you in return. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I thought of making some adaptations to exhaust position, and I stumbled across this thread and I just've seen that you done the exact thing that I am trying to do but with different can.

Do you think it is possible to do same thing with Akrapović/OEM can that is made for Tenere (it is a bit shorter) ?

Moreover, did you succeed to put exhaust closer to the bike frame or it stayed on the same distance but higher? And do you think that it is possible to do it without removing pillion pegs?  

Thanks in advance.

P.S. High fender kit looks great, I am starting to save money for one.. 😎

Edited by splitdec
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 4/29/2020 at 3:41 PM, splitdec said:

Hi, I thought of making some adaptations to exhaust position, and I stumbled across this thread and I just've seen that you done the exact thing that I am trying to do but with different can.

Do you think it is possible to do same thing with Akrapović/OEM can that is made for Tenere (it is a bit shorter) ?

Moreover, did you succeed to put exhaust closer to the bike frame or it stayed on the same distance but higher? And do you think that it is possible to do it without removing pillion pegs?  

Thanks in advance.

P.S. High fender kit looks great, I am starting to save money for one.. 😎

I'll have some more info about the exhaust modifications soon.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

You just made another sale ... 🙂 

First reason I bought it to eliminate the over the wheel brake line.

The only thing I don't like is the cable routing from the caliper to the front of the forks very close to the tire.

Question 1: ... Would it not be possible to route the cables backwards ?

Second reason is the possibility of high fender ... I am not sure what a high fender does to riding in the rain and I hope the spray is manageable. Also, at my curent offroad skill level this is probably not required as any huge amount of mud will make me turn back and wait for the sun to dry it up ... 🤣

Question 2: ... Is it possible to use the kit with the low fender ? ... and switch between the two easily ?

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
16 hours ago, MGG said:

You just made another sale ... 🙂 

First reason I bought it to eliminate the over the wheel brake line.

The only thing I don't like is the cable routing from the caliper to the front of the forks very close to the tire.

Question 1: ... Would it not be possible to route the cables backwards ?

Second reason is the possibility of high fender ... I am not sure what a high fender does to riding in the rain and I hope the spray is manageable. Also, at my curent offroad skill level this is probably not required as any huge amount of mud will make me turn back and wait for the sun to dry it up ... 🤣

Question 2: ... Is it possible to use the kit with the low fender ? ... and switch between the two easily ?

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this.

Originally, the hoses were routed to the back. I wasn't happy with the amount of bow in the them when the suspension was fully compressed. They contacted the rad guard, would hit some crash bars and there was a chance they could get caught up in the tire. In the first pic below, the suspension isn't compressed but you can see what I mean.

Yes, you could run the low fender with the kit installed. I have done that as well. See second pic.

IMG_3405.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 12.39.24 AM.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
23 hours ago, Moto_adventure said:

Installed and Loving it. Thanks Cory!!! 

IMG_20200524_1555111.jpg

UFO SuperMoto fender?

@Camel ADV Have you had any wobbles at highway speeds? I'm also curious about the how it does with rain, like @MGG. I'm in Vancouver, so rain is a given! Haha. 

• Supporting Vendor
On 5/30/2020 at 11:55 AM, Calibre said:

@Camel ADV Have you had any wobbles at highway speeds? I'm also curious about the how it does with rain, like @MGG. I'm in Vancouver, so rain is a given! Haha. 

It's a question I get a lot and one people asked when I brought out the Africa Twin high fender kit too. I've never noticed any speed wobbles, I've never had a customer report they experienced it either. If you had a full size dirt bike fender as opposed to a SuperMoto, you'd be more likely to get it but I just don't hear of it happening.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Today I have mounted the High fender kit and very happy with the results.  The kit is complete and of good quality.

I have choosen for the Acerbis Universal SuperMotard in black.  To get a little more clearance between the Outback crash bars and the top of the fender I have mounted some rubber washers between fender and Camel aluminum distributor.

20200711_161127_resized.jpg

20200711_162005_resized.jpg

Edited by Dipstick
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered 31st July Friday 4pm and arrives on the 5th Aug 730am 5 DAYS DELIVERY. OUTSTANDING. Canada to Australia.

Thank you @Camel ADV

My only problem is trying to get a front fender 😞 Everyone in AUS has no stock

IMG_1099.thumb.jpg.a39bd87f02f1091b338695b7fc74b6dd.jpg

• Like 3

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever 

• Supporting Vendor
20 hours ago, JiXX said:

Ordered 31st July Friday 4pm and arrives on the 5th Aug 730am 5 DAYS DELIVERY. OUTSTANDING. Canada to Australia.

Thank you @Camel ADV

My only problem is trying to get a front fender 😞 Everyone in AUS has no stock

IMG_1099.thumb.jpg.a39bd87f02f1091b338695b7fc74b6dd.jpg

I wish UPS was that quick with all of our customer's orders!