Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

No more cracked T7 fairings!

Camel ADV

• Moderators

This is incredible news - you've truly outdone yourself!! Massive respect for bringing this to the market.

• Like 3

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Absolutely genius @Camel ADV Cory and the team.

Looking forward to Rugged Roads stocking them in the UK. Might even be tempted to take off the Yamaha Crash bars.....

Top man

Rich

• Like 1

Excellent work Cory, been waiting a while for someone to make some decent plastics for the T7.

You just need to make some round 🐪 badges to replace the Yam ones now 😬

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

This is great news. I'm also going back and forth if I should remove the bars on my bike and this could be a great solution. 

This way I can keep my original panels safe in the attic. 😆

Now I will just wait for some third party review or pics of them on the bike but I am sure these will be good. 

Edited by OK185
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OK185 said:

This is great news. I'm also going back and forth if I should remove the bars on my bike and this could be a great solution. 

This way I can keep my original panels safe in the attic. 😆

Now I will just wait for some third party review or pics of them on the bike but I am sure these will be good. 

I have robust crash bars, but I still got a hairline crack on my right OEM panel. Most of the OEM tabs also broke off. I think the whole front end of this bike flexes a bit, so a hit on the left can affect the right. Flex is good, but ABS doesn't flex, and it doesn't have the strength that the fiberglass it's bolted to does, so it cracks. Those panels plus the headlight bracket (which bends) are the weak points, I think.

I've been fortunate to have these Camel panels on for about 4k miles now, through UT and Moab (including completely rolling the bike over downhill), and they're in one piece. These remind me of The Fix in that, like your brake pedal, side panels aren't really something you should be thinking about as you ride, but they are a quirk that does stay at the back of your mind when you're bouncing along. There's not much to say about them except that they are rugged and are a bit shinier than the OEM ABS panels. And to what @Alan Msaid, they do kind of need some custom badges now!

They do fit well with the Acerbis tank. They're also compatible with old KTM trim bolts that you may have lying around!

Not the greatest pictures since I have a ton of crap over them, but here they are.

PXL_20230927_003915950.jpg.8e9b9590b8c7a56616a9576d3f68ac67.jpg

PXL_20230923_182308904_MP.jpg.dab32194b503ac5dc68d7afd98b18e10.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

advgoats.com

8 minutes ago, random1781 said:

I have robust crash bars, but I still got a hairline crack on my right OEM panel. Most of the OEM tabs also broke off. I think the whole front end of this bike flexes a bit, so a hit on the left can affect the right. Flex is good, but ABS doesn't flex, and it doesn't have the strength that the fiberglass it's bolted to does, so it cracks. Those panels plus the headlight bracket (which bends) are the weak points, I think.

I've been fortunate to have these Camel panels on for about 4k miles now, through UT and Moab (including completely rolling the bike over downhill), and they're in one piece. These remind me of The Fix in that, like your brake pedal, side panels aren't really something you should be thinking about as you ride, but they are a quirk that does stay at the back of your mind when you're bouncing along. There's not much to say about them except that they are rugged and are a bit shinier than the OEM ABS panels. And to what @Alan Msaid, they do kind of need some custom badges now!

They do fit well with the Acerbis tank. They're also compatible with old KTM trim bolts that you may have lying around!

Not the greatest pictures since I have a ton of crap over them, but here they are.

PXL_20230927_003915950.jpg.8e9b9590b8c7a56616a9576d3f68ac67.jpg

PXL_20230923_182308904_MP.jpg.dab32194b503ac5dc68d7afd98b18e10.jpg

These are Hepo&Becker Rally crashbars, right?

Got these on my bike - the panels are not broken yet, but already scratched. And after a nice left-side tumble downhill when practicing a u-turn in a steep uphill section the bars are a bit bent (lower tabs which bolt to the subframe). At least I'm really confident that they will protect the radiator quite well. But I'm really tempted to remove them.

@Tenerider, yes those are the ones. Seems like the tabs are the weak link on all the bars. If I wasn't traveling the way I am, I would remove them.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

Anyone know how well the Rad will hold up with no crash bars? other than the rad, id fit these panels and remove my lower bars

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, john_aero said:

Anyone know how well the Rad will hold up with no crash bars? other than the rad, id fit these panels and remove my lower bars

I think Cory said in his recent video that he was also worried about the rad, but even though he doesn't run any crashbars, there were no problems until now.

If you've seen him riding around Moab, this means A LOT.

Luckily, the rad is quite tucked in compared to other big bikes afaik. The lean profile of our T7 is a big advantage here again, it won't touch the ground as easily. That being said, if you're doing a lot of rocky stuff (with bigger boulders lying around) or huge log-crossings, upper crashbars might make sense.

I rarely (or more accurately, probably never) will get the chance to ride in such terrain. That's why I don't run lower bars (but GB Racing engine guards) and really think I could dump my upper bars.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

I think Cory said in his recent video that he was also worried about the rad, but even though he doesn't run any crashbars, there were no problems until now.

If you've seen him riding around Moab, this means A LOT.

Luckily, the rad is quite tucked in compared to other big bikes afaik. The lean profile of our T7 is a big advantage here again, it won't touch the ground as easily. That being said, if you're doing a lot of rocky stuff (with bigger boulders lying around) or huge log-crossings, upper crashbars might make sense.

I rarely (or more accurately, probably never) will get the chance to ride in such terrain. That's why I don't run lower bars (but GB Racing engine guards) and really think I could dump my upper bars.

I don't ride very tough terrain however I do fall off a lot 

Just now, john_aero said:

I don't ride very tough terrain however I do fall off a lot 

Same for me mate... Usually, my bike lands/rests on the handlebars and pegs. The engine rarely touches the ground, the radiator is even safer imho. My Hepo&Becker rally crashbars have some scratches, but only in the lower areas. That's why I think I could live without them, even though I'm dropping her on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Same for me mate... Usually, my bike lands/rests on the handlebars and pegs. The engine rarely touches the ground, the radiator is even safer imho. My Hepo&Becker rally crashbars have some scratches, but only in the lower areas. That's why I think I could live without them, even though I'm dropping her on a regular basis.

I have the "enduro Lowers" and are a compromise between all out bars and some fall protection

anyway cracking job see much nice parts coming out from camel again. High quality and reasonable prices too

• Like 1

I would love to buy these but $400AUD is out of the question.

Australia dollar is free falling into oblivion.

Plus I have had a bad experience with a small package from the US via USPS.

2 weeks to get from Arizona to LA and another 2 weeks and it is lost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

6 hours ago, Toymaster said:

^^^^^ Sounds like a good time to vist Austraila as a tourist.

Forget it, Gasoline is about $8 a gallon, an average motel room is $100/night.  Thankfully our wages are a lot higher.  As and example a person on a pension here gets $1000 a fortnight, a cashier in a supermarket gets $1200 a Week. 

Edited by winddown

8 minutes ago, winddown said:

Forget it, Gasoline is about $8 a gallon, an average motel room is $100/night.  Thankfully our wages are a lot higher.  As and example a person on a pension here gets $1000 a fortnight, a cashier in a supermarket gets $1200 a Week. 

Hell fire that's a change from the last time I went 20 years ago

25 minutes ago, winddown said:

Forget it......

My economy is the USA's, the USD is strong when compared to the AUD.   What this means is, it is less expensive for us there.   You cannot get a hotel room in the US for $65.  For us, in the US, that is last century prices.   Not as good as say Eastern Europe or some countries in Africa, where you can build a whole hotel for 5 cents USD.

On the flip side, it would be outragously expensive for an Australian in the USA to visit. 

image.png.4089b437b118190c55e723cbaa6cfd62.png

Edited by Toymaster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Toymaster said:

My economy is the USA's, the USD is strong when compared to the AUD.   What this means is, it is less expensive for us there.   You cannot get a hotel room in the US for $65.  For us, in the US, that is last century prices.   Not as good as say Eastern Europe or some countries in Africa, where you can build a whole hotel for 5 cents USD.

On the flip side, it would be outragously expensive for an Australian in the USA to visit. 

image.png.4089b437b118190c55e723cbaa6cfd62.png

Same from my perspective, no way to get a hotel room for 60€ a night over here.

$100/night would be a flea pit.

Even small country towns are now around $150/night.

Mrs101 and I have travelled UK numerous times and manage to get decent hotel rooms in central London for half what you would pay in Shitney.

Looks like we have deviated a little.

Another fantastic product from Cory and the team.

Why can't OEMs learn............oh, Cory would be out of business and we wouldn't have anything to spend our hard earnt on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1