No more cracked T7 fairings!

Camel ADV

side panels mounted 👍 first step to "full-black" 

camel side panels.jpg

Edited by Tom_R
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I'm happy to announce we've add black and blue matte finish fairings to the line up. In stock and ready to ship!

IMG_0555 2.jpg

IMG_0557.JPG

• Like 6

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 2 months later...

@Camel ADV do you know the exact thickness of the panel where the plastic radiator guard bolts attach to? Trying to source some captive/quarter turn replacements and I don't have an accurate measuring device.

advgoats.com

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, random1781 said:

@Camel ADV do you know the exact thickness of the panel where the plastic radiator guard bolts attach to? Trying to source some captive/quarter turn replacements and I don't have an accurate measuring device.

Not sure off the top of my head; I'll have to check when I'm at the shop.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Any suggestions to fill the indent where the Yamaha logo should go?  Or is it easy enough to pop them out onto the new panels?

What did you all do?   I thought I saw someone just cover it with a decal? 

Thanks.

T7 (right) vs ebay (sticker). They are the same in diameter. Don't forget to clean the spot on the fairing with alkohol.

Logo-3.jpg

Logo-Aufkleber-2.webp

Camel_Seitenverkleidung_links.jpg

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 11:10 PM, Ede-DE said:

T7 (right) vs ebay (sticker). They are the same in diameter. Don't forget to clean the spot on the fairing with alkohol.

Logo-3.jpg

Logo-Aufkleber-2.webp

Camel_Seitenverkleidung_links.jpg

Do you have an ebay link or keyword to find these? 

The key word is the Yamaha part № 5YW-F175C-00

They are about € 7.00 each. Should be available in the States as well.

Edited by Ede-DE

Just a reminder that if you want to make your own badge and are US-based, SendCutSend will laser cut or water jet a ton of different materials (acrylic to titanium) and will anodize or powder coat. Average is maybe $5-15 per 2" badge for almost all materials since it's so small, but the gotcha is that the minimum order is $29. All you need is some vector art and it's super easy to upload and have made. I'm getting 4x made out of copper for $22. Perfect for a group buy!

• Thanks 1

advgoats.com

@random1781 what application do you use to generate the vector artwork? I have a very old version of Corel Draw, but have no idea if it will run on a current windows machine. 

Just now, Hollybrook said:

@random1781 what application do you use to generate the vector artwork? I have a very old version of Corel Draw, but have no idea if it will run on a current windows machine. 

Inkscape is free and open source and it has an excellent tracing function (called Trace Bitmap in the app) to convert raster images to vector.

• Like 2

advgoats.com

3 minutes ago, random1781 said:

Inkscape is free and open source and it has an excellent tracing function (called Trace Bitmap in the app) to convert raster images to vector.

That's what I use as well, excellent software.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointer to Inkscape!

It actually was able to read in the old Corel Draw file I fed into it, but it had some font issues that I would have to look at.  I had a PDF version that read in correctly and I am going to play with the trace bitmap function to see if it would be useful for some other projects.  It seems like a very useful and comprehensive drawing tool!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

Thanks for the pointer to Inkscape!

It actually was able to read in the old Corel Draw file I fed into it, but it had some font issues that I would have to look at.  I had a PDF version that read in correctly and I am going to play with the trace bitmap function to see if it would be useful for some other projects.  It seems like a very useful and comprehensive drawing tool!

Yeah I actually like it more than Adobe's Illustrator! Somewhat of a learning curve but it's not bad, and lots of good tutorials out there.

If you or anyone else needs some graphics tweaked let me know, I'm trying to get some practice in.

advgoats.com

3 hours ago, random1781 said:

Yeah I actually like it more than Adobe's Illustrator! Somewhat of a learning curve but it's not bad, and lots of good tutorials out there.

If you or anyone else needs some graphics tweaked let me know, I'm trying to get some practice in.

Looking to have the T7 from the original T7 Tenere decals from my 2021 reproduced (Black version - so the high vis colour).  Looking to increase the size and only have T7.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Even if only to point me to a vendor.  But if I could have a file, then I can shop it around here locally.

I'm going to use the logo from the original T7 prototype on my panels. To keep it simple, I'm cutting them out of vinyl wrap by hand. I'll post a photo once they are done. 

Edited by Hollybrook