Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Gut Guard-Skid Plate $329

Camel ADV

Very nice. For me important are the great amount of ventilation break through in the  front. Often seen skid plates with less or even no openings. Compared to the Upgraded Yamaha Skid plate this seems to be necessary. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@Camel ADV Very nice bash plate. I do have a question, I've not found yet a skid plate which would go in its height above the brake and gear shift levers and I wonder why.

Reason being is that I bend both levers almost every day and have to bend them out again and again, if the bashplate would be higher the lever would bent only as far as the bashplate is and than it would stop bending.

I've been caught off guard often when I bend the brake lever, don't know about it and when I try to use back break the lever just hits the bash plate and I'm flying to the bend way too hot.

I'm having Yamaha OEM one which would just need to be an inch taller.

Pavel

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to install this after my first oil change.

Cheers

• Like 2

Will it be available in ruggedroads? Is it compatible with oem centre stand and oem lowering link?

• Like 1

They are not on sale it appears. I wrote to ask about it a couple days ago to see if there's a special discount for members of this forum since there was an add posted here for $299 just a couple days ago and still haven't heard anything. Plus their website says they're out of stock and weeks out for shipping. 

• Supporting Vendor
On 5/20/2020 at 5:09 AM, al700 said:

Will it be available in ruggedroads? Is it compatible with oem centre stand and oem lowering link?

Rugged Roads will have them once we can get on top of the orders. Demand far exceeded our expectation so they sold out pretty quick. We have a bunch more on the way.

No issues with the OEM center stand or lowering links.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

They are not on sale it appears. I wrote to ask about it a couple days ago to see if there's a special discount for members of this forum since there was an add posted here for $299 just a couple days ago and still haven't heard anything. Plus their website says they're out of stock and weeks out for shipping. 

5 hours ago, Calibre said:

Still on sale? I need to order one asap. 

Apologizes for the slow email reply. We have been crushed with orders (and emails) over the last few weeks and our response times aren't what they used to be.

Out of stock, should have the next batch in a couple weeks. You can still order off the site now and we will fill the orders in the order they come in.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Rugged Roads will have them once we can get on top of the orders. Demand far exceeded our expectation so they sold out pretty quick. We have a bunch more on the way.

I think i shared em too many times on Facebook groups. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Apologizes for the slow email reply. We have been crushed with orders (and emails) over the last few weeks and our response times aren't what they used to be.

No sweat. Im sure you're busy. I just placed the order for the black skid plate and bobble head. Looking forward to getting them. So far I've purchased everything you've made for the 700. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
7 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

No sweat. Im sure you're busy. I just placed the order for the black skid plate and bobble head. Looking forward to getting them. So far I've purchased everything you've made for the 700. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers

I appreciate your business! FYI, the tail tidy will be available soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

I appreciate your business! FYI, the tail tidy will be available soon.

You make great stuff man, and I love your inventive and innovative approach to making things better. Just signed up for your newsletter. And I guess I'll keep throwing my wallet at you until you make me some wide rally foot pegs dammit. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 3

On 5/25/2020 at 3:19 AM, Camel ADV said:

Hi @Camel ADV, is it compatible with Yamaha OEM crash bars? Love the design!

Edited by Aarslikkerdanny
Edited

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Aarslikkerdanny said:

Hi @Camel ADV, is it compatible with Yamaha OEM crash bars? Love the design!

There *shouldn't* be any issue. Accessories are just starting to rolling to the local dealer now so we'll be able have a better look soon.

• Like 3

@Camel ADV Will you be offering another round of group discount? Maybe in combo with some of the other products? Cheers!

Just got my skid plate and bobble head on the mail. Wow, that skid plate is a piece of art. If you're wondering if a skid plate can be sexy? Why yes, yes it can. Can't wait till the bike shows up to install it. Thanks Cory. 

• Like 2

Yes, please.  If you are willing to do another discount/group buy, I'd be in.  I couldn't pull the trigger until I knew for  sure I was getting a bike.

Regardless, your kit looks great!

@Camel ADV

• Like 1

I'll jump on the bandwagon here. If there is a group buy count me in. Easily the best thought out belly protection for this bike with the integrated linkage guard. 

Let's be honest...we all want everything Camel ADV makes for these bikes. They addressed all the important areas.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

I'll jump on the bandwagon here. If there is a group buy count me in. Easily the best thought out belly protection for this bike with the integrated linkage guard. 

Let's be honest...we all want everything Camel ADV makes for these bikes. They addressed all the important areas.

I don't think he can do group buys because his dealers would probably not appreciate that.  He did just hold a sale on the Skidplate. 

• Like 2

I think that the products available now @Camel ADV are a good deal to begin with ...  However, I will be tempted by a possible fuel tank or small suspension upgrades.

• Like 2