Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Gut Guard-Skid Plate $329

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Burner said:

Just a heads up, the Dominator headers will clear the Gut Guard no problem. 

Great to know!

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 1 month later...

thought folks might be interested in this if you jack up your T7 with a Camel Gut Guard. Simple little piece made from scraps makes the bike more stable on the jack.

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor

Many of you know that the European 2021.5 T7 now has the Euro 5 emissions package. The catalytic convertor was moved from the footpeg area to about 10" from the cylinder head. This was done so the catalyst material heats up faster. The move means cleaner running bikes which is great but it means that none of the skid plates from the Euro 4 bikes fit.

We've designed a new skid plate to work with the Euro 5 header. We had to lengthen the skid plate moving it forward. On top of working with the new header pipe, you can now do an oil change without removing the skid plate. There are some other small changes too. The new plate will work with the Euro 4 bikes as well.

Like the V1.0 Gut Guard, the V2.0 will be available in black and silver.

63899661048__FE21ADE1-57B3-4C5B-A513-76FF4F25A6B7.jpeg

63899659582__07057154-E3D7-4228-8752-CA06B8FC9EF9.jpeg

63899641153__37E0D69B-70F7-45A1-8A6B-1C7E9065BAB1.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

Not sure why all my photos are posting upside down... they right-side up when import them but post upside down. If I import them upside down, they are still upside down when posted. 🤔

I’ve seen the same thing with photos taken with my iPhone. The work around I found is to do any kind of edit on the photo. A simple small crop done in the photos app on the phone will work. 

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Liquidape said:

I’ve seen the same thing with photos taken with my iPhone. The work around I found is to do any kind of edit on the photo. A simple small crop done in the photos app on the phone will work. 

Yup, that fixed it. That is SO strange. Thanks for the tip!

On 4/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, Camel ADV said:

We've designed a new skid plate to work with the Euro 5 header. We had to lengthen the skid plate moving it forward. On top of working with the new header pipe, you can now do an oil change without removing the skid plate. There are some other small changes too. The new plate will work with the Euro 4 bikes as well.

Like the V1.0 Gut Guard, the V2.0 will be available in black and silver.

@Camel ADV My 2021 Tenere arrives next week, North America version. I think I'll hold out for your V2 version; no removal for oil changes sounds pretty nice. 

Do you anticipate any changes with crash bar compatibility? I'm intending to run Heed Bunker Bars w/ your Gut Guard.

FYI, your website currently shows no stock in silver and won't let me add to cart (that seems like it's functioning correctly). However, for black, it shows -2 in stock, lets me add to cart, and looks like I can check out. Just letting you know in case the website isn't acting the way you want it to. Cheers.

223956967_ScreenShot2021-04-04at3_17_02PM.thumb.png.749f0c185d506e625757148a0340878e.png

• Supporting Vendor
19 hours ago, Spacejunky said:

@Camel ADV My 2021 Tenere arrives next week, North America version. I think I'll hold out for your V2 version; no removal for oil changes sounds pretty nice. 

Do you anticipate any changes with crash bar compatibility? I'm intending to run Heed Bunker Bars w/ your Gut Guard.

FYI, your website currently shows no stock in silver and won't let me add to cart (that seems like it's functioning correctly). However, for black, it shows -2 in stock, lets me add to cart, and looks like I can check out. Just letting you know in case the website isn't acting the way you want it to. Cheers.

223956967_ScreenShot2021-04-04at3_17_02PM.thumb.png.749f0c185d506e625757148a0340878e.png

No changes in crash bar compatibility.

The site working correctly. We always have black skidplates in the works. The powdercoater runs black every couple days so if we don't have black skidplates available Tuesday, we likely will Thursday or Friday kind of thing so we have the site set to allow overselling on black. Our silver on the other hand is done on demand. Depending on how busy they are, it can take a couple weeks before they can get it done. If we oversell silver, it can be weeks before we can fulfill the order which isn't good for anyone.

37 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

No changes in crash bar compatibility.

The site working correctly. We always have black skidplates in the works. The powdercoater runs black every couple days so if we don't have black skidplates available Tuesday, we likely will Thursday or Friday kind of thing so we have the site set to allow overselling on black. Our silver on the other hand is done on demand. Depending on how busy they are, it can take a couple weeks before they can get it done. If we oversell silver, it can be weeks before we can fulfill the order which isn't good for anyone.

Thank you for the response. I apologize for my unhelpful help about the website, or rather, apologize for wasting your time on something that wasn't broken. Glad all is well!

Looking forward to spending a healthy chunk on Camel products over the next few months.

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Spacejunky said:

Thank you for the response. I apologize for my unhelpful help about the website, or rather, apologize for wasting your time on something that wasn't broken. Glad all is well!

Looking forward to spending a healthy chunk on Camel products over the next few months.

No need to apologize! I come across typos or site issues that have been there for months... it would be super helpful if more people brought it to my attention!

Rode two up with the T7 for the first time today. Over the two first road bumps I heard a distinct «clank» from underneath me, it was not the shock bottoming out.

My only theory is that it could be the linkage protector from the skid plate hitting the linkage - has anyone experienced the same or similar?

@Camel ADV Would not that be better if the sides would be covered like this? To hide a bit the ugliness of the catalytic convertor 🤔
IMG_0003.JPG

• Supporting Vendor
On 4/10/2021 at 8:39 AM, JayD said:

Rode two up with the T7 for the first time today. Over the two first road bumps I heard a distinct «clank» from underneath me, it was not the shock bottoming out.

My only theory is that it could be the linkage protector from the skid plate hitting the linkage - has anyone experienced the same or similar?

If you have a centerstand installed, that's the most likely cause.

If not, make sure the M10 mounting bolt and nut for our 5th skid plate mounting point are tight.

4 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

If not, make sure the M10 mounting bolt and nut for our 5th skid plate mounting point are tight.

Thanks for the reply. Will check all the bolts tomorrow. No centre stand 🙂

On 4/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, Camel ADV said:

Nope, that and everything else was tight on the bike except the chain, which was a cm too loose- could that have been it? Dont know if riding two up (adding weight on the shock) will extend or slack the chain even more, so it slaps around..

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Vendor

On 4/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, JayD said:

Nope, that and everything else was tight on the bike except the chain, which was a cm too loose- could that have been it? Dont know if riding two up (adding weight on the shock) will extend or slack the chain even more, so it slaps around..

A loose chain can make a lot of noise. Mine was a bit looser than spec and I was getting a concerning loud crack noise that sounded like something was breaking. Chain in spec, no issues.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

We've got the V2.0 Euro 5 specific Gut Guards in production with a shipping ETA of June 18th. They are available for pre-order on the site now. Black or Silver.

Camel T7 Gut Guards

Basically, it's the same skid plate as the V1. It's still 3/16" aluminum with the UHMW slider/linkage protector and 5th mounting point. The front is pushed out a couple inches to clear the Euro 5's front mounted CAT. The extra length is a bit of a bonus as you can do an oil change without taking the skid plate off. The V2 fits on the Euro 4 bikes as well so if being able to change oil with the plate on is something you're after, V2 Gut Guard will get you there!

We've been busy bouncing the new Gut Guard off rocks and even checked it's sledding and underwater capabilities. It's a tough job but someone has to do it 😉

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 7.41.44 PM.png

IMG_0658.jpeg

• Like 6

Just a quick question for @Camel ADV, does your new skid plate (or the old one also) provide underside protection for the side stand switch?  Can't tell looking at the pics, and was surprised to not see any mention of this.  Also question #2, are you still looking at the possibility of some sort of package deal?  Skid plate and exhaust, tail tidy.  I don't know what else...  Thanks!  Ken 

@Camel ADVThanks for following up on my previous question. I too had a loose chain, which solved most of the noise.

By the way, which crash bars are those? I’m getting tired of cracking my plastics, its 90% gorilla tape and 10% plastic left 😅

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/8/2021 at 10:22 PM, Ducken said:

Just a quick question for @Camel ADV, does your new skid plate (or the old one also) provide underside protection for the side stand switch?  Can't tell looking at the pics, and was surprised to not see any mention of this.  Also question #2, are you still looking at the possibility of some sort of package deal?  Skid plate and exhaust, tail tidy.  I don't know what else...  Thanks!  Ken 

There isn't anything special for the side stand switch. It's hanging out there a bit. I really don't want to simply weld a big bump out on the plate. We've considered a few things but haven't decided on anything yet.

No bundle discounts at this time but if you're buy the "full meal deal", let me know ahead of time.

• 8 months later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I just uploaded an updated T7 Gut Guard install video. It includes some product updates and it covers some FAQs we get about install:

• Like 4

I had this exact fitment problem with my gut guard and contacted Cory (sans expletives, ha, ha…). He kindly talked me through the frame rail adjustment and it’s now a perfect fit!

Very sturdy unit that will surly serve me well for the life of the bike. Thanks! 👍

• Like 2

Thank you, Cory. I've been having struggles with my plate as well. Perhaps I got my plate before those instructions were included? Anyway, I'll go back at it to adjust for a better fit as I really like the Camel gut guard, but I have dreaded the process of removal and replacement.

I'm sure the letter you referred to in the video was irritating. Your response to the criticism - updating your installation video and addressing concerns head on - is one reason I continue to do business with you: you listen to your customers. It appears that you do so even when the message comes in the form of tactless and aggressive criticism.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Well I tried to break the guy guard but couldn't. Beached the T7 on a large rock and it had a good fall, but the gut guard is still holding strong. On my Super Tenere I went through 2 skid plates that I smashed, looks like this skid and me are a good match...

image.jpeg.90b2b97122ddcd091cb21108ca575fe1.jpeg

image.jpeg.f6aa186d62a4dbc6c65f2843aa609dc1.jpeg

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Just got my euro 5 gut guard installed this weekend and want to confirm that it is compatible with the SRC moto crash bars. For those that go this route watch the install video and loosen necessary bolts to aign holes. This will help with both skid plate and bars installation. Thanks again Corey, great products!!

20230312_145619.jpg

• Like 1