Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Gut Guard-Skid Plate $329

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor

Some ongoing T7 Gut Guard testing 😉

• Like 6

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Can confirm the Gut Guard and Hepco & Becker centre stand fit fine together. I had the gut guard on for a month before getting the centre stand. Install was easy with no clearance issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure the Altrider bars are out yet - they were listed for sale but they still say Q4 last time I checked.

Without a pic on the bike it's hard to tell.

image.thumb.png.d9464afbc3c9dda852c7d62fc05479dd.png

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

When I say we test our skid plates thoroughly, I really mean it!

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Nice!  Looks well used!

hoping mine will look like that soon.... I managed to destroy two separate skid plates on my super Tenere but I think that will be hard with your design!

Mike

• Like 1

Some years back i asked someone to go riding with me and he bent down and looked at my skidplate and said he would pass. Wish i could still ride like that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, NvNick said:

Some years back i asked someone to go riding with me and he bent down and looked at my skidplate and said he would pass. Wish i could still ride like that.

LOL!  The condition of rims and skid plates tell you a lot about a person 😉

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know yet if the gut guard fits with the SRC crash bars? It looks like it will be close...

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, ChasingEdges said:

Does anyone know yet if the gut guard fits with the SRC crash bars? It looks like it will be close...

I don't think there would be an issue with them, I'm not seeing any obvious trouble spots.

• Thanks 1

I picked my bike up Wednesday and after looking it over its easy to see why Yamaha says not to lift it by the skid plate and the need for the extra mounting that you provide. The frame rails bolt to the castings that the pegs mount to and it looks to be fragile where the frame rails mount to. As soon as i recover some $ wise and before i bash something i will be getting one. Thank You for producing a good well thought out product.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/9/2021 at 10:38 AM, David Adams said:

@Camel ADV just  installed the gut gaurd from rugged roads. Very impressed!

Fits perfect with lower touratec crash bars.  

20210109_161215.jpg

Great to hear there are no issues with the Touratech crash bars!

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/2/2021 at 1:18 PM, NvNick said:

I picked my bike up Wednesday and after looking it over its easy to see why Yamaha says not to lift it by the skid plate and the need for the extra mounting that you provide. The frame rails bolt to the castings that the pegs mount to and it looks to be fragile where the frame rails mount to. As soon as i recover some $ wise and before i bash something i will be getting one. Thank You for producing a good well thought out product.

I caved the stock plate in when I put the bike an MX style stand. It's best used for wrapped baked potatoes 😉

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, David Adams said:

Gut Gaurd works great with trail stand! Pre drilled holes (which I guess Cory designed for trail stands)  are in perfect position thanks again @Camel ADV

20210123_104848.jpg

Oh thats clever. Just removed my centre stand to shed some weight. Which trail stand is that?

1 hour ago, JayD said:

Oh thats clever. Just removed my centre stand to shed some weight. Which trail stand is that?

It’s the Enduro Star ts3 which I ordered from USA.  Delivered Within 2weeks.(think Lyndon poskit has a UK version but cheaper from US even with posting) 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, David Adams said:

It’s the Enduro Star ts3 which I ordered from USA.  Delivered Within 2weeks.(think Lyndon poskit has a UK version but cheaper from US even with posting) 

Sweet thanks. Have a gut guard myself and just got my EnduroStar delivered last week!

Edited by Vtamb81
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
17 hours ago, David Adams said:

Gut Gaurd works great with trail stand! Pre drilled holes (which I guess Cory designed for trail stands)  are in perfect position thanks again @Camel ADV

20210123_104848.jpg

Just dumb luck actually. I'm glad it worked out though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a Gut Guard today.  Still don't have a bike.  Maybe some day.  I'm going to amass all the parts I bought and see how close I get to a complete motorcycle.  Maybe when the tires get here I can ride all the stuff even without a bike!

Signed:  Bored in Alberta.

Thanks Camel Adv guy.

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor
21 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Understatement of the year, lol. 

I like to break things first so customers don't have to 😉 

• Supporting Vendor
22 hours ago, Landshark said:

Ordered a Gut Guard today.  Still don't have a bike.  Maybe some day.  I'm going to amass all the parts I bought and see how close I get to a complete motorcycle.  Maybe when the tires get here I can ride all the stuff even without a bike!

Signed:  Bored in Alberta.

Thanks Camel Adv guy.

Yeah, this -25C stuff can end anytime.

• Like 3