Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
2 Wheel DynoWorks

Mail in ECU Flashing $100 off sale sample Dyno charts

2 Wheel DynoWorks

We'll be adding the Tenere 700's to our fitment finder on 2wdw.com next week, along with our custom ECU flashing! While the Novel Coronavirus is still causing most countries around the world to be, more or less, shut down, our custom ECU flashing will be on sale for only $250 with free return shipping anywhere in the USA with the coupon code "covid19" on our site. Sale price applies to outsie of USA as well, but not the free return shipping. 

As we see more ECU's roll in, and our own test bike, we will be posting tons of dyno footage and videos in the coming weeks! The Tenere 700 has the same engine as the MT07. We have flashed hundreds, close to a thousand of these ECU's. 

Your engine makes around 63 hp to the wheel, stock.  Let's fix that. 

Here's the scoop with the Tenere 700's that we have seen/flashed so far!

All of the EU and AUS Tenere 700 ECU's that we have seen so far are IDENTICAL to EU MT-07's. The serial numbers, architecture, etc are completely unchanged! This is fantastic, because that means ALL of our custom mapping for every exhaust/intake system that we've developed over the past 6 years for the FZ/MT-07's are still PERFECTLY dialed in for these T7 bikes. The engines haven't changed one bit from the FZ/MT-07's, so the performance and throttle response improvements are IDENTICAL to that of the FZ/MT-07's.

As for the US/CAN ECU's that we've seen so far, the ECU serial number is a BW3-8591A-00, which was one that neither FTECU or ourselves had yet seen. Luckily, we've had a few sent in already from our customers up in Canada, and we've been able to decrypt the ECU's with FTECU and retrace the slightly modified circuitry/pathway architecture. The fuel and ignition mapping architecture is, amazingly, unchanged from the FZ/MT-07's as well! This means that, just like with the EU models, we can input our custom fuel and ignition mapping without issue. 

We have our own Tenere 700 being brought in by our local dealer for any further testing and flashing development that we need to perform for future exhaust/intake systems that are manufactured for these bikes. We anticipate that the Tenere 700 we'll have for R&D will arrive sometime at the end of this month or the start of June at the latest!

Because these engines and ECU's are essentially unchanged from the FZ/MT-07's, we already know exactly how these bikes will respond AND we've been able to prove those results anecdotally with the customers from the EU and Canada that have already utilized our ECU Flashing Service for these bikes! Here are some example graphs of what to expect with some of the exhaust systems. Keep in mind, these numbers/results are with street tires on. You WILL see lower numbers with knobby tires on a dyno roller due to additional drag and traction losses.

A few examples

Yoshimura R77 tune vs stock tune - An 8 hp increase! 

1039387572_YoshimuraR77Dyno.thumb.png.6310cb170bef85057d77594c5a63bce1.png

M4 slip on tune vs stock tune- 6 HP increase! 

2021920901_M4slipondyno.thumb.png.af9c8993a81901997d274edcba4bc4f8.png

Graves Exhaust Tune vs Stock tune A 9 hp increase!! 

201405717_GravesExhaustDyno.thumb.png.4ea69d6ee4e9649a28cb408ea72d9094.png

More importantly than raw power is our ability to remove the massively annoying Decel Fuel Cut feature that is still built into these ECU's for emissions compliance. This feature makes the on/off throttle transition extremely twitchy, which is NOT at all what you want on any modern motorcycle. Nothing is more annoying (and unsafe) than coming into a corner, rolling off the throttle, and having the front end dive while you're already initiating a lean into an apex! 

We also have the ability to lower the cooling fan temperatures, just like we do on the FZ/MT-07's! 215 degrees Fahrenheit is simply too hot for optimal engine life and performance, so we lower the cooling fan temperatures to 195 degrees Fahrenheit on these engines.

• Like 4

2wheellogo.jpg

Cruizin

I would like to add, @2 Wheel DynoWorks has the shipping and world wide shipping thing down! They have been the top dyno tuner on all of my other forums for years. Fast fast turn around. Often, in the USA if you ship them your ECU on Monday, you have it back by Friday or Saturday. Sometimes even sooner.  Their World wide shipping take s few days longer, as it takes a while for your ecu to get to the united states, but when they flash it, it usually gets back to you within 5 days. 

They are the best tuner I know. Their Dyno machines are always calibrated, and this is very important. And folks, NOBODY has flashed more MT07's/CP2 engines than @2 Wheel DynoWorks .  They are the BEST!  I would put them up against any other. 

The HP increase over stock is great, but they also make your engine run cooler, which makes it last longer. 

Getting an exhaust for your T7?  IF you get a tune/exhaust package from them, your exhaust price will be crazy low. Exhaust prices so low they cannot publish them online due to manufacturer agreements.  

I will be getting my personal exhaust and ECU flash from them as soon as I get my bike. Ill post the dyno numbers and make ya cry!  

https://2wheeldynoworks.com/

You can read more about their experience with the CP2 engine here 

2 Wheel DynoWorks

The Tenere 700 has been added to our website and the $100 off sale is still going! 

Go to our website, choose your bike and choose ECU Flash. Be sure to send us the Serial number that is listed on your ECU. 

For any questions, you can email us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com. We ship world wide every day! 

The benefits of better fueling , lower temps and more power are ready for your T7! 

2wheellogo.jpg

Aleksandar13

What is the shipping cost to Uk if you can tell us.. I would be interested in this option but it depends how long it takes and at what cost... ?

Thank you,

Aleks