Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best biking roads and places to visit around Europe !

Aleksandar13

Like the tittle says I would like to start this thread and people can post pictures and recommendations of what roads to use in certain areas of Europe. ( People in the USA and Canada could start the same thread in their regional forums for us to have a look at as well )

In order to keep this easy to search maybe we need to put in before each post

Country / Region / Road / Towns .

You can then tell us why that is a good road/location to visit and this way members of the forum can plan some trips around Europe.

Hope this is a good idea and people are happy to post their findings or what they recommend 😄  

Would be nice to post pictures for the recommended areas etc.

I will edit or post later some pictures and my recommendation ( once I have found the pictures in my phone) 

Please let me know if this is a good idea and if you find it relevant 😄 

Aleks 

• Like 1

Great work to start  this thred.

I will try and put some gpx file from my viewranger around middel in Sweden with lot of gravel roads .

Sow keep up with this I will be a big fan of this thred

• Like 3

Look up TET . Trans european trail . Don`t ride it alone !

On 5/15/2020 at 3:10 PM, Cuecumber said:

Great work to start  this thred.

I will try and put some gpx file from my viewranger around middel in Sweden with lot of gravel roads .

Sow keep up with this I will be a big fan of this thred

I`d like that . As i live in Västerbotten gravel is not hard to find . If you going up north an want some trip tipps , give me a " heads up " 🤓

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Janson said:

Look up TET . Trans european trail . Don`t ride it alone !

Great I will have a look 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moto3 said:

Trans European Trail....that looks absolutely amazing.

TET-FB-Featured-Image-01.jpg

EUROPE'S DIRT ROAD ADVENTURE - A 34,000km GPX route from the edge...

Link attached... Looks like the perfect holiday for people who know how to ride off road... I'm just about trying to get a feel for it once I've done my first off road experience. After that I can say if I like or nor... For me now it's just the boring tarmac on my T700 SM 🏍️🔥👍😅

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Picos. Best roads, I’ve ever ride, Northern Spain:

Some Trails there too.
The Pyrenees will come up

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Picos. Best roads, I’ve ever ride, Northern Spain:

Some Trails there too.
The Pyrenees will come up

Always wanted to take a trip to Spain and ride the Pyrenees mountaina... Did you take the ferry across? Aleks 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Always wanted to take a trip to Spain and ride the Pyrenees mountaina... Did you take the ferry across? Aleks 

Me personally I’ve not ride the Pyrenees but yeah boat to Santander or Bilbao works. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Sorry for jumping in but we did the Portsmouth to Bilbao crossing on the Cap Finistere. Bilbao is ~50mins -1h closer to the Pyrenees and the sailing times work well. Get to Portsmouth by 11AM ish and get off 24h later in Bilbao. Lose an hour because of the time difference and a steady run to wherever in the Pyrenees the same day. It was only 1h 45min to Pamplona where we stayed from Bilbao as a direct run. From there, you're just 30 mins to the Pyrenees or an hour or two more to the really high stuff. 

Rich

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Sorry for jumping in but we did the Portsmouth to Bilbao crossing on the Cap Finistere. Bilbao is ~50mins -1h closer to the Pyrenees and the sailing times work well. Get to Portsmouth by 11AM ish and get off 24h later in Bilbao. Lose an hour because of the time difference and a steady run to wherever in the Pyrenees the same day. It was only 1h 45min to Pamplona where we stayed from Bilbao as a direct run. From there, you're just 30 mins to the Pyrenees or an hour or two more to the really high stuff. 

Rich

Probably the best way if you can part with 500 for the tickets... 😭😂

Iv'e ridden some amazing places in Europe..  but I keep returning to the West of Ireland.  It's biking heaven for me. Some people just blast around the Wild Atlantic way and that's fine,  but there are endless coastal roads and wild peninsulas to explore.  The Healy Pass, Priest's Leap...Beara Peninsula..mmmm!. Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200517-170642_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170605_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170358_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Iv'e ridden some amazing places in Europe..  but I keep returning to the West of Ireland.  It's biking heaven for me. Some people just blast around the Wild Atlantic way and that's fine,  but there are endless coastal roads and wild peninsulas to explore.  The Healy Pass, Priest's Leap...Beara Peninsula..mmmm!. Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200517-170642_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170605_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170358_Gallery.jpg

Woooow... that looks amazing ..just my type of road..with mountain passes..Can you please share some routes ? 

Aleks 

• Like 1

That's it...……….. must add West of Ireland to my Must Ride list.

Cheers for sharing  some great photos there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Probably the best way if you can part with 500 for the tickets... 😭😂

The boat is a Huge saving on fuel and time through boring France and there s the saving of stop overs in France. 

PS @Rich TT No bother. Thanks Rich

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, moto3 said:

That's it...……….. must add West of Ireland to my Must Ride list.

Cheers for sharing  some great photos there.

Yep, but pack waterproof gear. 

27 minutes ago, X Plane said:

The boat is a Huge saving on fuel and time through boring France and there s the saving of stop overs in France. 

PS @Rich TT No bother. Thanks Rich

I agree !

It depends on what you want. As I'm sure you all do, we all live busy lives, so be on on the boat for 24h and have nothing to do but drink lots of beer (or read a book or whatever) and watch the scenery, have a nice meal and wake up in warmer weather watching the Spanish mountains on the horizon is pretty damn good.

Rich

• Like 2

Totally agree with the above.

Chill for 24hrs and let the Ferry take the strain.

Ride your heart out when you make Spain and the Pyrenees.

All Good.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

I agree !

It depends on what you want. As I'm sure you all do, we all live busy lives, so be on on the boat for 24h and have nothing to do but drink lots of beer (or read a book or whatever) and watch the scenery, have a nice meal and wake up in warmer weather watching the Spanish mountains on the horizon is pretty damn good.

Rich

Good point... Sounds interesting.

I presume end of September its still warm enough to ride in the mountains with no issues? 

Aleks 

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Good point... Sounds interesting.

I presume end of September its still warm enough to ride in the mountains with no issues? 

Aleks 

We went the last week in Sept/first week in October and it was pure blue sky and 25 to 28C every day! Apparently, that's quite typical then.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Rich TT said:

We went the last week in Sept/first week in October and it was pure blue sky and 25 to 28C every day! Apparently, that's quite typical then.

Cheers

Rich

I did Picos last week of September 2017 it was perfectly warm twenties too and not too hot. 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 9:59 PM, X Plane said:

I did Picos last week of September 2017 it was perfectly warm twenties too and not too hot. 

If you get a chance post pictures please,and include locations if you don't mind. 

I personally would like to come back to this thread at some point when I plan a route in a certain part of Europe and get the information I need from other members so that I get the best out of the limited time we have. 

Appreciate it. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

A place to visit with a very nice riding area is the Cirque de Gavarnie.

You'll also find some gravel if you want.

Been there on my XT600Z when my wife and made a tour all around France in 2017.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, qInvention said:

A place to visit with a very nice riding area is the Cirque de Gavarnie.

You'll also find some gravel if you want.

Been there on my XT600Z when my wife and made a tour all around France in 2017.

Thank you for letting us know... If you have pictures please post them 👍📸😉