Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Aleksandar13

Best biking roads and places to visit around Europe !

Recommended Posts

Aleksandar13

Like the tittle says I would like to start this thread and people can post pictures and recommendations of what roads to use in certain areas of Europe. ( People in the USA and Canada could start the same thread in their regional forums for us to have a look at as well )

 

In order to keep this easy to search maybe we need to put in before each post

 

Country / Region / Road / Towns .

 

You can then tell us why that is a good road/location to visit and this way members of the forum can plan some trips around Europe.

 

Hope this is a good idea and people are happy to post their findings or what they recommend 😄  


Would be nice to post pictures for the recommended areas etc.

 

I will edit or post later some pictures and my recommendation ( once I have found the pictures in my phone) 

 

Please let me know if this is a good idea and if you find it relevant 😄 

 

Aleks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cuecumber

Great work to start  this thred.

I will try and put some gpx file from my viewranger around middel in Sweden with lot of gravel roads .

Sow keep up with this I will be a big fan of this thred

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Janson

Look up TET . Trans european trail . Don`t ride it alone !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Janson
On 5/15/2020 at 3:10 PM, Cuecumber said:

Great work to start  this thred.

I will try and put some gpx file from my viewranger around middel in Sweden with lot of gravel roads .

Sow keep up with this I will be a big fan of this thred

I`d like that . As i live in Västerbotten gravel is not hard to find . If you going up north an want some trip tipps , give me a " heads up " 🤓

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
17 minutes ago, Janson said:

Look up TET . Trans european trail . Don`t ride it alone !

Great I will have a look 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moto3

Trans European Trail....that looks absolutely amazing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
1 hour ago, moto3 said:

Trans European Trail....that looks absolutely amazing.

TET-FB-Featured-Image-01.jpg

EUROPE'S DIRT ROAD ADVENTURE - A 34,000km GPX route from the edge...

Link attached... Looks like the perfect holiday for people who know how to ride off road... I'm just about trying to get a feel for it once I've done my first off road experience. After that I can say if I like or nor... For me now it's just the boring tarmac on my T700 SM 🏍️🔥👍😅

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane

Picos. Best roads, I’ve ever ride, Northern Spain:

 

 

Some Trails there too.
The Pyrenees will come up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
23 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Picos. Best roads, I’ve ever ride, Northern Spain:

 

 

Some Trails there too.
The Pyrenees will come up

Always wanted to take a trip to Spain and ride the Pyrenees mountaina... Did you take the ferry across? Aleks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
On 5/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Always wanted to take a trip to Spain and ride the Pyrenees mountaina... Did you take the ferry across? Aleks 

Me personally I’ve not ride the Pyrenees but yeah boat to Santander or Bilbao works. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT
On 5/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Always wanted to take a trip to Spain and ride the Pyrenees mountaina... Did you take the ferry across? Aleks 

Sorry for jumping in but we did the Portsmouth to Bilbao crossing on the Cap Finistere. Bilbao is ~50mins -1h closer to the Pyrenees and the sailing times work well. Get to Portsmouth by 11AM ish and get off 24h later in Bilbao. Lose an hour because of the time difference and a steady run to wherever in the Pyrenees the same day. It was only 1h 45min to Pamplona where we stayed from Bilbao as a direct run. From there, you're just 30 mins to the Pyrenees or an hour or two more to the really high stuff. 

 

Rich

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
51 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Sorry for jumping in but we did the Portsmouth to Bilbao crossing on the Cap Finistere. Bilbao is ~50mins -1h closer to the Pyrenees and the sailing times work well. Get to Portsmouth by 11AM ish and get off 24h later in Bilbao. Lose an hour because of the time difference and a steady run to wherever in the Pyrenees the same day. It was only 1h 45min to Pamplona where we stayed from Bilbao as a direct run. From there, you're just 30 mins to the Pyrenees or an hour or two more to the really high stuff. 

 

Rich

Probably the best way if you can part with 500 for the tickets... 😭😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great Escape

Iv'e ridden some amazing places in Europe..  but I keep returning to the West of Ireland.  It's biking heaven for me. Some people just blast around the Wild Atlantic way and that's fine,  but there are endless coastal roads and wild peninsulas to explore.  The Healy Pass, Priest's Leap...Beara Peninsula..mmmm!. Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200517-170642_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170605_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170358_Gallery.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
11 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Iv'e ridden some amazing places in Europe..  but I keep returning to the West of Ireland.  It's biking heaven for me. Some people just blast around the Wild Atlantic way and that's fine,  but there are endless coastal roads and wild peninsulas to explore.  The Healy Pass, Priest's Leap...Beara Peninsula..mmmm!. Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200517-170642_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170605_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-170358_Gallery.jpg

 

 

Woooow... that looks amazing ..just my type of road..with mountain passes..Can you please share some routes ? 

Aleks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moto3

That's it...……….. must add West of Ireland to my Must Ride list.

 

Cheers for sharing  some great photos there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Probably the best way if you can part with 500 for the tickets... 😭😂

 

The boat is a Huge saving on fuel and time through boring France and there s the saving of stop overs in France. 
 

PS @Rich TT No bother. Thanks Rich

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
4 minutes ago, moto3 said:

That's it...……….. must add West of Ireland to my Must Ride list.

 

Cheers for sharing  some great photos there.

Yep, but pack waterproof gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT
27 minutes ago, X Plane said:

The boat is a Huge saving on fuel and time through boring France and there s the saving of stop overs in France. 
 

PS @Rich TT No bother. Thanks Rich

I agree !

 

It depends on what you want. As I'm sure you all do, we all live busy lives, so be on on the boat for 24h and have nothing to do but drink lots of beer (or read a book or whatever) and watch the scenery, have a nice meal and wake up in warmer weather watching the Spanish mountains on the horizon is pretty damn good.

 

Rich

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moto3

Totally agree with the above.

 

Chill for 24hrs and let the Ferry take the strain.

 

Ride your heart out when you make Spain and the Pyrenees.

 

All Good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
40 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

I agree !

 

It depends on what you want. As I'm sure you all do, we all live busy lives, so be on on the boat for 24h and have nothing to do but drink lots of beer (or read a book or whatever) and watch the scenery, have a nice meal and wake up in warmer weather watching the Spanish mountains on the horizon is pretty damn good.

 

Rich

Good point... Sounds interesting.

I presume end of September its still warm enough to ride in the mountains with no issues? 

Aleks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT
1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Good point... Sounds interesting.

I presume end of September its still warm enough to ride in the mountains with no issues? 

Aleks 

We went the last week in Sept/first week in October and it was pure blue sky and 25 to 28C every day! Apparently, that's quite typical then.

 

Cheers

Rich

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
2 hours ago, Rich TT said:

We went the last week in Sept/first week in October and it was pure blue sky and 25 to 28C every day! Apparently, that's quite typical then.

 

Cheers

Rich

I did Picos last week of September 2017 it was perfectly warm twenties too and not too hot. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
On 5/18/2020 at 9:59 PM, X Plane said:

I did Picos last week of September 2017 it was perfectly warm twenties too and not too hot. 

If you get a chance post pictures please,and include locations if you don't mind. 

I personally would like to come back to this thread at some point when I plan a route in a certain part of Europe and get the information I need from other members so that I get the best out of the limited time we have. 

Appreciate it. 

Aleks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qInvention

A place to visit with a very nice riding area is the Cirque de Gavarnie.

 

You'll also find some gravel if you want.

 

Been there on my XT600Z when my wife and made a tour all around France in 2017.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
25 minutes ago, qInvention said:

A place to visit with a very nice riding area is the Cirque de Gavarnie.

 

You'll also find some gravel if you want.

 

Been there on my XT600Z when my wife and made a tour all around France in 2017.

Thank you for letting us know... If you have pictures please post them 👍📸😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co. or Tenere700.net .

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.