Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Barkbusters or acerbis ?

SKIPNOMAD

I´m really thinking the samething, or even the chinese handguards, does it worth it 150 € for the barkbusters?

• Like 1

At this point, neither. I've always had barkbusters, just fitted the T7 specific ones onto the bike. Firstly, out of those 2 it would be Barkbusters, they are solid and dependable, however  their finishes are lousy, from the marks on the aluminum backbones, to hardware not matching the plastics, and on top of the price, they make sure to plaster their logo on as hard as possible for free advertising (I had to paint the logo white, and why they give black screws with white plastics, is beyond me). Also, with adjustable levers and long fingers, my levers always hit the backbone. 

Not my picture, from ADV Rider Sheggi, I would now get the Zeta Handguards no doubt, also available on Revzilla. Finishes look much better, and plastics provide alot more wind protection, barkbusters are starting to look very 90s. Also another user had the KTM Powerparts guards on the T7, and I think they look better than BB or Acerbis. 

spacer.png

Barkbusters, Logo painted white. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ive had them all, including Enduro Engineering. My last 3 bikes Ive had Cycra Pro Bends. Love the drop down of the brace, and the size of the shields. Protects from branches as well as wind and rain when just on pavement. Already got a set for the 700 when it gets here. 

DSC_0014.jpg

• Like 5

I got the cyrca probend hcm or something,  they replace the bar top clamps. 

0635-1534-2.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

0635-1534-2.jpg

That is a good looking piece of kit... Must admit love the black but my SM is blue with white.. Hmmm 😵🤤

10 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

That is a good looking piece of kit... Must admit love the black but my SM is blue with white.. Hmmm 😵🤤

They have a big assortment of colors. 

13 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

7408-89X-Cycra-Probend-CRM-ULTRA-image1.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Mr.motarded said:

7408-89X-Cycra-Probend-CRM-ULTRA-image1.jpg

Hmm... Looks nice 👍🤤

15 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

71VsIqSLzpL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Got bark busters on mine. Super pleased with the quality and perfect fit.

Rich

IMG_20200503_170346.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

0635-1534-2.jpg

Where did you buy these (link)? I like that they replace the top clamps, but can't find them online. 

3 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

0635-1534-2.jpg

These are even more expensive than the barkbusters, and the Chinese ones? No advice?

I wouldn't bother with the Chinese ones, they have been cases of the aluminum just shattering on impact or bolts breaking off. All aluminum is not the same, how it is cured is where the strength comes, hand-guards protect your digits, the last thing you want is a metal handguard snapping of and into your hand, at that point the plastic stock one on the T7 is better. You can add a backbone to the stock one's too, from Hepco

spacer.png

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 4

Normally I would go for bark busters but this time i went for the SW Motech Storm as look really strong and look great.

D3040712-4779-4844-9DD4-39178782079A.png

• Like 1

Anybody had any experience with the attached? 

I'm not doing any off road and these look slim and might fit the bike nicely. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20200609-220313.jpg

So, i've seen in Spain, for the European mates, this price

logo50.png

Tienda moto: neumaticos, accesorios y ropa de moto de las mejores marcas. Precio mínimo garantizado. Portes gratis...

For 116€ i belive it's not bad choice 

Edited by Lupan

1 hour ago, Matth said:

Normally I would go for bark busters but this time i went for the SW Motech Storm as look really strong and look great.

D3040712-4779-4844-9DD4-39178782079A.png

I think you will find the SW Motec guards are actually re branded Bark Busters made by Bark Buster.

Edited by rumrum
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got mine on today after my maiden voyage.  Proper hand gaurds and the bar clamp mounts are super solid.

20200609_194012.jpg

20200609_194019.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Anybody had any experience with the attached? 

I'm not doing any off road and these look slim and might fit the bike nicely. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20200609-220313.jpg

Had these type on my old DRZ400E and KTM525EXC. Super strong, been on the ground a few times and always did their job.

Rich

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Had these type on my old DRZ400E and KTM525EXC. Super strong, been on the ground a few times and always did their job.

Rich

I'll press the button today 🤑😅

9 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I wouldn't bother with the Chinese ones, they have been cases of the aluminum just shattering on impact or bolts breaking off. All aluminum is not the same, how it is cured is where the strength comes, hand-guards protect your digits, the last thing you want is a metal handguard snapping of and into your hand, at that point the plastic stock one on the T7 is better. You can add a backbone to the stock one's too, from Hepco

spacer.png

Yep, phuck China for anything now days.  Even if their products were good, just for Humanitarian reasons.  Even worse, their products pretty much all suck, cheap copy designs of other peoples good products. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, rumrum said:

I think you will find the SW Motec guards are actually re branded Bark Busters made by Bark Buster.

the backbones do look very similar, indeed. I prefer the plastics look of the SW Motech guards over the Bark Buster design.