Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ACD racing USA discount group buy offer

ACD Racing USA

20 minutes ago, Bucket Boy said:

@ACD Racing USA

Fitted mine up today. Build quality seems to be wonderful and super easy to put on. Unfortunately it touches the metal coolant lines. Does anybody else’s do this? It seems that this tab needs to have been bent out a bit more for clearance?

Side note; any idea why the images get rotated automatically when you upload them here?

7B39CC69-F0C2-46F1-8059-208C4504610A.jpeg

Mine was close there initially, loosen the mounting bolts and slide it over then re-tighten the screws. If that doesn’t work probably it would be easy to bend that section outward with a crescent wrench over the plate. Tape up the wrench so it won’t mar the plate. I may do this to mine as it’s really close there but not touching like yours. 

That picture is after I loosened the screws and moved it forward. I will bend it over, but it sucks to see the new powder coating just get cracked off. Hopefully they don’t make a ton of these without changing it a little bit.

Edited by Bucket Boy
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, roy826 said:

Mine was close there initially, loosen the mounting bolts and slide it over then re-tighten the screws. If that doesn’t work probably it would be easy to bend that section outward with a crescent wrench over the plate. Tape up the wrench so it won’t mar the plate. I may do this to mine as it’s really close there but not touching like yours. 

Mine does not touch but it is awful close!

Got mine today but it has 6 holes drilled and taped across the rear 

don’t see these  on any others.  
anyone know what there for? may be to add linkage protection

7F5E79F0-7E4C-49FA-9394-4B3C8A801429.jpeg

Edited by alpha 1

4 hours ago, Bucket Boy said:

That picture is after I loosened the screws and moved it forward. I will bend it over, but it sucks to see the new powder coating just get cracked off. Hopefully they don’t make a ton of these without changing it a little bit.

Would it be possible to turn it upside down and pound on it a little with a rubber mallet?

8 hours ago, alpha 1 said:

Got mine today but it has 6 holes drilled and taped across the rear 

don’t see these  on any others.  
anyone know what there for some?

7F5E79F0-7E4C-49FA-9394-4B3C8A801429.jpeg

Maybe it was a prototype for a linkage skid? 

7 hours ago, DT675 said:

Would it be possible to turn it upside down and pound on it a little with a rubber mallet?

The stuff is pretty strong. It will take a lot of beating which would take all the powder coating  off.

Has ACD Racing reached out to you on this yet?  I also have the black one but no bike to put it on. Now I’m wondering how many of these could have that issue.  

38 minutes ago, DT675 said:

Has ACD Racing reached out to you on this yet?  I also have the black one but no bike to put it on. Now I’m wondering how many of these could have that issue.  

Not yet... I will probably just cut off that entire tab of the skid plate so it’s not rubbing the coolant lines.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/4/2020 at 7:22 AM, Bucket Boy said:

Maybe it was a prototype for a linkage skid? 

@Bucket Boy it is not a prototype, it is the new skid plates ready for the linkage skid coming in September , it will be an option

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, roy826 said:

@roy826 did you try to loose the bolts and move it out ?

13 minutes ago, ACD Racing USA said:

@roy826 did you try to loose the bolts and move it out ?

Yes I did that and gained about 1/8" clear at the coolant pipe but it never touched at the coolant pipe only touched at the right front frame down tube but even that is not touching now. Yesterday I simply put a cresent wrench on the plate at the coolant pipe and bent it out some and now I have a decent 1/4" cleat at the coolant pipe. No big deal really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ACD Racing USA said:

@Bucket Boy it is not a prototype, it is the new skid plates ready for the linkage skid coming in September , it will be an option

Are you going sell a kit to retro-fit the original plates to add the linkage protection? 

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

Are you going sell a kit to retro-fit the original plates to add the linkage protection? 

@Simmons1 yes we will send a kit in September

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ACD Racing USA said:

Thank you!

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Supporting Vendor
21 hours ago, ACD Racing USA said:

@Simmons1not send but sell a kit in September, sorry for the typos 

No worries. Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully it's cost effective on  top of what the original purchase price was.

• Like 1

any updates on when us in Canada will get it? I got an email for the extra $25 payment, which I submitted and have seen nothing since.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Just wanted to give a mini review of the plate after 400 miles on mixed riding. Great plate for the price! Log hops, creek crossings and some large boulder hits. The only thing that was concerning is how close it is to the coolant piping and left cover. After my first oil change I ended up taking a deadblow to the inside of the plate to increase clearance. Now I've got about a half inch worth of impact room. All in all. Great plate. Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 2:28 PM, ACD Racing USA said:

On 8/8/2020 at 2:28 PM, ACD Racing USA said:

@ACD Racing USA any news on the linkage skid ? I've missed the group buy, but am interested in buying the kit.

• 9 months later...

Looking to order frame protector stickers for the USA.

Edited by kainic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kainic said:

Looking to order frame protector stickers for the USA.

Same here.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 6:23 PM, Huero said:

Me either.  I have emailed twice, over the past two weeks and received no reply yet. 

I've also tried calling the US site multiple times, left VM, sent a message via the site - no response either. I've finally reached out to the main UK site to see if someone there will respond, not overly impressed with the lack of contact thusfar.