Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

8 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

I want to start by saying hello! I figured I would start a new thread so any questions and info would be consolidated here, for us at least. 

I will start with what we have going now and what is coming down the road. 

We are working on the 2 piece seat kits now. The front stock height and front low seat are in the mold making process already. I just finished the comfort rear seat today and will be in the mold process the next few weeks. These will be foam and cover kits only and will need installed on your stock plastic base. these should be available in the next 4-5 weeks. I will keep you posted. We will be offering a group buy on these also. There will be a tall front also coming but will be a couple weeks out

Next week we will start working on the 1 piece pan for our complete seats. We will be changing the shape of the OEM 1 piece pan as it has too many intrusions to the seating are from the bottom. This limits the amount of foam that can be removed for low seats and still comfortable. We will be working on the following different shapes (not set in stone) in roughly the following order (all a 1 piece design):

Stock height comfort 

Low comfort

Tall comfort 

Low rally

standard rally

2 up standard comfort

Tall rally

Sport touring

These could change in production order but would be a close representation.

These would be all be available as a complete seat only as the base shape change will require a matching foam shape to fit. Our reshaped pan will help produce a better, more comfortable starting point than the OEM pan.

8 different seats!  Seat Concepts will have a seat for everyone! 

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Definitely looking forward to the Low Comfort and Low Rally.  You didn't mention when these may be available, only that you are starting on the 1 piece pans next week.  Do you have a rough guesstimate on when they'll be for sale?

I hope you guys are able to post relative heights compared to OEM when it's all said and done.

:)

- Paul

• Like 2

Thank you for posting. I am  ready for a stock height comfort in any configuration you have available. Would  you recommend  that I  wait for the stock height comfort one piece rather than the stock height comfort 2 piece? Also, if  I were to  buy the  2 piece, I  would only need a matching cover for the passenger portion. In  the long run, I want the most comfortable seat for the rider (me)   whether it is  1 or 2 piece.

Thanks,

Fred Z.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but do you need to buy a rally seat in order to use your keys to unlock your seat cover?

Very excited, would like to buy one from you in the future, please keep us all posted with pictures and updates! 😉

This will be my 3rd SC.  I doubt I will ever ride without one.  Put me down for a standard rally.

This is what I’m waiting on. Put lowering links on, but really just looking for the lower seat . 
Thanks to Cruizin and Seat Concepts. 

@Seat Concepts ... So how would the different versions compare to existing seats in terms of benefits, confort, height and shape? ... any pictures to have an idea what we are waiting for?

• Like 1

One thing I would like to comment or say. I really like SC seats and have purchased many over the years. BUT, I despise the logo on the rear section of the seat, it is horribly uncomfortable for a passenger and I have asked to have one made without it and they would not, so regrettably I purchased something else last time. Please consider the passenger comfort and remove that logo to the sides if you feel you need one.  Thank You

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MGG said:

@Seat Concepts ... So how would the different versions compare to existing seats in terms of benefits, confort, height and shape? ... any pictures to have an idea what we are waiting for?

How could they have pictures if they haven't built any yet? They are using my bike to "design" the seats. Pics will come when they are built and ready to sell.

1 hour ago, cyclenav said:

One thing I would like to comment or say. I really like SC seats and have purchased many over the years. BUT, I despise the logo on the rear section of the seat, it is horribly uncomfortable for a passenger and I have asked to have one made without it and they would not, so regrettably I purchased something else last time. Please consider the passenger comfort and remove that logo to the sides if you feel you need one.  Thank You

My MT09 SC seat had the logo on the side, small logo like a ribbon.

Here's pics of my Seat Concepts seat for my Yamaha WR250R.  Very small tag.  Tastefully done.

20170402_164442.jpg

20170426_150755.jpg

24 minutes ago, Gekkdroid said:

Here's pics of my Seat Concepts seat for my Yamaha WR250R.  Very small tag.  Tastefully done.

20170402_164442.jpg

20170426_150755.jpg

Yes, that looks nice and that's what they used to do years ago. Now you get this big 4' or 5" circle patch-like logo right in center of the passenger seat and it's literally a pain in the butt! On dirt bikes that patch even gets in the way of the rider when they slide back to stretch out on the way back from a long day of riding.  

Edited by cyclenav
spelling error

This is what I am talking about, last 2 times I tried to order a Tall Soft Seat like the one pictured I was told not without the logo. That has been a couple years ago, but that's because I quit looking if I have to have that logo in my way. Don't know if its a Tall Soft Seat thing or a KTM thing as most of the seats I replaced are KTM. Years ago I looked nowhere else and bought their seats for different makes and models but around 2015 or so the logo was added and I was not happy. Hopefully things have changed.

IMG_7875-300x200.jpg

• Supporting Vendor

pgeldz- The 2 piece seat design kits will be available roughly 4-5 weeks. The one piece complete seats will start rolling out roughly 3-4 months.

Fredz43- There should not be too much difference in our standard height 2 piece front kit and our 1 piece design. The real gain in the redesigned pan would be in reference to the OEM 1 piece pan design. It leave much to be desired to the point we are not messing with it and making our own.

loneranger700- Seat cover? Our one piece seat will latch on and off with the key like the OEM 1 piecr and our 2 Piece still attaches like stock with key/bolts.

MGG- There are many versions I posted, which one are you asking about? Our comfort seats use the following changes as needed to improve comfort: Fixing the forward slope into the tank, wider seating area and a better foam.

cyclenav- 3-4 inch logo? We have never used a logo that large. It is 2 inches in diameter. That is used on our dualsport seats and on certain materials. Not typically used on a Adventure model except our  Rally models.  Typically not a seat used for 2 up riding. The seats for this model will have the side tag as shown above except the rally, it will have that logo you love so much 😉

I will post up some pics as they come avaialble

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, I'm going to be in for a tall rally or tall comfort. Undecided because I want the rally but I am going to have a passenger sometimes as well.

1 hour ago, Seat Concepts said:

pgeldz- The 2 piece seat design kits will be available roughly 4-5 weeks. The one piece complete seats will start rolling out roughly 3-4 months.

Fredz43- There should not be too much difference in our standard height 2 piece front kit and our 1 piece design. The real gain in the redesigned pan would be in reference to the OEM 1 piece pan design. It leave much to be desired to the point we are not messing with it and making our own.

loneranger700- Seat cover? Our one piece seat will latch on and off with the key like the OEM 1 piecr and our 2 Piece still attaches like stock with key/bolts.

MGG- There are many versions I posted, which one are you asking about? Our comfort seats use the following changes as needed to improve comfort: Fixing the forward slope into the tank, wider seating area and a better foam.

cyclenav- 3-4 inch logo? We have never used a logo that large. It is 2 inches in diameter. That is used on our dualsport seats and on certain materials. Not typically used on a Adventure model except our  Rally models.  Typically not a seat used for 2 up riding. The seats for this model will have the side tag as shown above except the rally, it will have that logo you love so much 😉

I will post up some pics as they come avaialble

Thanks for the update, I do ride 2-up on everything I own, my KTM's have passenger pegs! And, of course for the T7 I was thinking Rally Seat Tall Soft, which is back to the logo I do hate and it did feel like 4" when being sat on! Butt, seriously, thank you for including me in the reply.

extremely interested at the low rally...well, waiting for the data and the photos once they are available 🙂

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Here is a picture of the rear comfort seat for the 2 piece design.

image0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

Here is the low 2 piece design in development.

TenerePromo1.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am looking forward to a stock comfort front seat 👍  Will you have a distributor in UK/Europe ?

Looking forward to a tall rally seat.  Thanks for doing it! 🍻

• Like 1

Low comfort is wider than stock while Low rally would be same or thinner than stock?