Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

Already have my money set aside for the lowest seat SC offers! Just need to get in on the group buy and send money now. Today’s trip reminded me how short I am lol 

35F52CBF-0739-4679-A853-EC98C3632C69.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you to Seat Concepts for their continued transparency on their timeline and process. All this social media work takes a lot of time on top of the time it takes to design new and bring to market. My cash will wait for a 1 piece low, whenever it's ready and on spec.

• Like 2

Did somebody said group buy??🙂 I have SC on my s10 and love it can't wait to get one on T7 I heard next week you guys will have them possibly ready 

What do you guys think? Any chance that low version will be more comfortable than normal stock seat?

I could use few centimeters but more comfortable seat is my priority so not sure which one should I be getting 🤔

• Like 1

I am picking up my bike on the 27th, so I am ready to order the low version as soon as its available.  Thanks

I have the stock yam low seat and on a recent 300 mile trip if found it to be uncomfortable after 2 to 3 hours.

Then I remembered I had a gel pad so I fitted it on today and found it to be much more comfortable. However, it probalby rises you up by 8 to 10mm which kind of goes against what you want.

However, I think I now know why the T7 causes so many problems for people, especially short people and that is because the orignal seat covering are so sticky. it is really hard to move your bum around on them and therefore when you come to stop you have to lift off the seat before reaching down with you foot.

the smooth gel seat pad means I'm finding it so much easier to slide of the side a little to get a good foot down, something impossibl wiht the stnadard seat without lifting up  and adjusting my body position.

I guess having a texturised seat is very useful when on gnarly trails, but i've found a slippery seat is worth a good 20 to 30mm worth of lowering. Its helped me feel a lot more confident with the bike now.

IMG_20201020_154211699.jpg

• Like 3

i absolutely love their seats...cant wait for them to be available...took delivery of my T7 today.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, dobbi said:

I have the stock yam low seat and on a recent 300 mile trip if found it to be uncomfortable after 2 to 3 hours.

Then I remembered I had a gel pad so I fitted it on today and found it to be much more comfortable. However, it probalby rises you up by 8 to 10mm which kind of goes against what you want.

However, I think I now know why the T7 causes so many problems for people, especially short people and that is because the orignal seat covering are so sticky. it is really hard to move your bum around on them and therefore when you come to stop you have to lift off the seat before reaching down with you foot.

the smooth gel seat pad means I'm finding it so much easier to slide of the side a little to get a good foot down, something impossibl wiht the stnadard seat without lifting up  and adjusting my body position.

I guess having a texturised seat is very useful when on gnarly trails, but i've found a slippery seat is worth a good 20 to 30mm worth of lowering. Its helped me feel a lot more confident with the bike now.

IMG_20201020_154211699.jpg

Which brand is the Pad...?

i'm afraid I don't rightly know. I've had it for about 8 years now but I remember it wasn't a bargin basement item!

• Like 1

Sorry for the newbie question... is there a discount when buying a T7 seat once they are available?  

I'll wait for the one piece rally type seat.  

On 9/21/2020 at 4:46 PM, Seat Concepts said:

Got a chance to ride our bike and used the prototype low seat. Really good for a low seat I think.

image0 (7).jpeg

Please let me know when this seat is available for sale.  Ready to buy today.

• Like 5

I‘m really interested in the comfort low one piece seat, I‘m based in Germany though. I hope I will be able to get the seat as fast as possible, can‘t wait 🙂 

Please update us on the group buy, or when the seat will be available for order. 

I'm in for a single piece standard of rally tall 1" higher.

Would be nice for a new seat pan to allow for a tool recess storage increase space.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mtaylorcrew said:

Please let me know when this seat is available for sale.  Ready to buy today.

Is this the 2 piece low seat?

3 hours ago, Teambeer said:

Is this the 2 piece low seat?

From the pic, this is a 2 piece seat which is what I like about this setup over the Yamaha OEM low seat.  For whatever reason they designed the lower seat as a single seat.  

Also looking forward to a tall one piece rally seat. Interested to join the Group buy.

Will there be distribution options in Europe?

I am based in Belgium. Thx

On 10/26/2020 at 7:54 PM, mtaylorcrew said:

From the pic, this is a 2 piece seat which is what I like about this setup over the Yamaha OEM low seat.  For whatever reason they designed the lower seat as a single seat.  

Not sure what you mean here.  I have the Yamaha Accessory Low seat, and it's not a 1 piece seat.  It's just a replacement for the rider seat.  Passenger seat is still separate.

Wait a minute, you mean, they only designed the rider seat as a low seat and left the passenger seat at a normal height?  If that's what you mean, I gotcha.  In practice though, the Yamaha Low seat doesn't really look weird with the standard passenger seat, as the lower part is towards the center of the rider seat.

Having said that, I still want to get BOTH Seat Concepts Low seats...the 2 piece version, and their 1 piece Low version 🙂

Can't wait to get my hands on them!

- Paul 

Edited by pgeldz

I'm very happy with the SC low  seat on my KLX250. Looking forward to getting a low seat for the T-7. 

Will a SC low seat front section work with the Yamaha rack that replaces the passenger seat?

Will the seat joining kit work with the SC low seat ?

https://t7rally.com/shop/ols/products/t7-tenere-700-seat-joining-kit