Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

I suppose we have first to sent to you our "old" seat to make comfort seat...

How many times between sending my old seat and receiving the new one?

• Like 1

Hi Seat Concepts, are you going to offer these discounts, when you have the single rally style seat ready?

I am in. PM sent.

Low comfort     to Western Australia with the  bulk shipping

7 hours ago, CGras said:

How would you compare it to the T7's stock seat cover? Which one is closest to the grip of the stock seat?

Hmm. The stock seat probably looks the most like the "gripper", but grip is similar to the "low-slip". 

• Like 1

This could help but probably won’t. Have had 4 of Seat Concepts foam and cover kits. All were better than stock for me.

Wr250r and Huskie 701 SM were gripper.

FZ09 and GSA were vinyl .

When wearing the ‘stitch or or nylon riding pants the gripper is good.

Holds on to denim a little to good for comfort.     

So, if you ride in your protective gear ,gripper.

If you like jeans low grip.

YMMV

Oh yea, Do yourself a favor and get a pneumatic staple gun and some short staples.

I tried to recover an old seat years ago with a standard construction stapler and it was a pain in the A$$. 

• Like 1

I have had the gripper seat on several bikes. I ride primarily high speed gravel roads. The gripper seat keeps your weight where you want it drifting corners with confidence on those unexpected hair pins. I could see a touring seat having a little give being beneficial.

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

18 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

I def want one of these. With the stock seat I can flat foot the bike both sides no problem. so to simulate the taller seat I grabbed a couple pieces of 2x4 and stuck them on the seat and sat on them. This should have raised my seating position 1.5-1.75 inches or so. Can still touch the ground on both sides with the balls of my feet.

So i would assume I should be ok with a Tall Comfort seat then? Anyone have a rally seat and an inseam of 32" (I am a little over six feet tall) agree with my rationalizing?

Mike

I have the rally seat. I'm 6ft with 32" inseam. I can almost flat foot. My suspension isn't corrected yet. I am sure that will make a difference once done. I ordered the tall comfort.

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

Sent a PM for a Tall comfort seat and oem rear cover replacement. 

Thanks for the discount! 

Mike

6 minutes ago, GPSAT said:

I have the rally seat. I'm 6ft with 32" inseam. I can almost flat foot. My suspension isn't corrected yet. I am sure that will make a difference once done. I ordered the tall comfort.

Thank you! I also got the tall, should be fine!

Appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Mike

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BRUNO said:

I suppose we have first to sent to you our "old" seat to make comfort seat...

How many times between sending my old seat and receiving the new one?

They send you new foam and seat cover and you install it yourself . You don’t have to send your seat back and forth.

• Like 1

Ok, many thanks Zbob for this answer...

But  I guess we have to glue or staple the foam and the cover, or...??

As gone2seed mentioned, get a pneumatic staple gun to install the cover. I have done a couple seat covers and the pneumatic staple gun is required to drive the shorter stainless staples into the hard plastic pan. Don't worry, you'll find other uses for it.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:46 PM, Seat Concepts said:

I want to start by saying hello! I figured I would start a new thread so any questions and info would be consolidated here, for us at least. 

I will start with what we have going now and what is coming down the road. 

We are working on the 2 piece seat kits now. The front stock height and front low seat are in the mold making process already. I just finished the comfort rear seat today and will be in the mold process the next few weeks. These will be foam and cover kits only and will need installed on your stock plastic base. these should be available in the next 4-5 weeks. I will keep you posted. We will be offering a group buy on these also. There will be a tall front also coming but will be a couple weeks out

Next week we will start working on the 1 piece pan for our complete seats. We will be changing the shape of the OEM 1 piece pan as it has too many intrusions to the seating are from the bottom. This limits the amount of foam that can be removed for low seats and still comfortable. We will be working on the following different shapes (not set in stone) in roughly the following order (all a 1 piece design):

Stock height comfort 

Low comfort

Tall comfort 

Low rally

standard rally

2 up standard comfort

Tall rally

Sport touring

These could change in production order but would be a close representation.

These would be all be available as a complete seat only as the base shape change will require a matching foam shape to fit. Our reshaped pan will help produce a better, more comfortable starting point than the OEM pan.

My name is Greg mandin looking to get on the T7 group purchase for seat SKU 42-1700210-21-15000
please reach out to my email for address information 

my email

is greg-mandin@hotmail.com

thank you !

greg 

• Like 1

Greg, I copied  your post and pasted it in a Private massage to Seat concepts.

I think that is what they were after.

Jeff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worncog said:

As gone2seed mentioned, get a pneumatic staple gun to install the cover. I have done a couple seat covers and the pneumatic staple gun is required to drive the shorter stainless staples into the hard plastic pan. Don't worry, you'll find other uses for it.

Thanks a lot!

57 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

If this has been posted here before I apologize, If not, You’re welcome!

Many thanks 🙂

• Supporting Vendor

I know some of you have helped answer the questions on the fabric and thanks for the help.

We do offer a installation service where we install the kits for a service fee of 25.00 if you do not have access to a air compressor to use a air stapler. 

• Like 1

PM sent!

In for the tall comfort seat!

Edited by alpha3aax