Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

42 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

I know some of you have helped answer the questions on the fabric and thanks for the help.

We do offer a installation service where we install the kits for a service fee of 25.00 if you do not have access to a air compressor to use a air stapler. 

I have sent a message directly to your office to know cost for sending to Belgium...

As soon as I receive the answer, I'll also order by PM

4 hours ago, BRUNO said:

Ok, many thanks Zbob for this answer...

But  I guess we have to glue or staple the foam and the cover, or...??

I will get my local upholsterer to do the cover and foam. They do lots of automotive and motorcycle seats. They did a fantastic job on two motox bike seats installing new gripper covers. For the little it will cost my preference is to leave to the experts. Just my two cents worth.

• Like 1

Honestly, I thought the kit comes with the pan & all but I guess the cover & foam are not that difficult to install.

Does anybody have experience with installing seat heating (maybe even with Seat Concepts seats) and what type / brand would you recommend ?

I just got a quote by a local distributor to get an ST in Northern Ontario Canada.

$550 CAD. Ouch...

• Sad 1

I'm in for a Sport Touring + Comfort Rear, PM sent

(Edit: upgraded my decision)

Edited by EODTenere

7 hours ago, Terry A said:

I am in. PM sent.

Low comfort     to Western Australia with the  bulk shipping

Hi Terry

I have myself and Time Machine to be bulk shipped to Aus so far.

also will you be offering a complete kit that includes the pan when the 1 piece comes out?

im down for the one piece

On 11/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, TimeMachine said:

Shipping came up at $118 USD to Australia. I think we Aussies will need to work out a group delivery arrangement. Perhaps we can do a 6 seat package and pick up on the 20% deal as well. If any Australians want to be in this then show your interest here.

If we can do a packaged delivery of 6 seats to save shipping (5 more victims required), then I am in for the Tall comfort seat.

I’m in, still to pick a seat. 

cheers John

On 11/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, OU812 said:

I wouldn't pay $92 shipping a piece of foam , plus ups likes to rape us for our loonies... I'm out.

The price of living in paradise backfires again. Was entertaining this upgrade too...WAS...'till reading this. Thanks for the heads up gents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John B. said:

cheers John

Great. Is that four now to Australia including Terry?

Still waiting for a response from Seat Concepts on a shipping quote here. I'll raise a request via email too.

I received an email from Seat Concepts announcing the seats.  I assume that to get in on the group buy I order from you and not the website?

Edited by Teambeer

On 11/9/2020 at 5:30 PM, OU812 said:

I wouldn't pay $92 shipping a piece of foam , plus ups likes to rape us for our loonies... I'm out.

MX1 Canada will most likely have these available over the winter at the usual $273 price tag with free shipping.

That's the route I'm taking, and have for all my SC seats.

We probably won't see the T7 version on their website until sometime next year, but you can email them with the SKU and they'll accept your order once SC makes them available.

• Like 2

Ok, quote came in for $227 USD for 6 seats to Melbourne Australia (based on 3 tall comfort and 3 standard comfort). So for 6 seats that is $52 AUD (+ $12 AUD local shipping) each, and I'll wear the time and cost of packaging. It will be more expensive if the weight is increased due to different orders or less participants or you want express from Melbourne, but for sure going to be much less expensive than direct from SC. Dont forget to allow for GST which is usually charged on the price and shipping.

I currently have the following details for our OZ group buy:

Timemachine - Tall Comfort with gripper top, carbon sides.

Rumrum - Standard comfort

Terry A - Low Comfort

John B - To be advised

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nKep said:

Honestly, I thought the kit comes with the pan & all but I guess the cover & foam are not that difficult to install.

Does anybody have experience with installing seat heating (maybe even with Seat Concepts seats) and what type / brand would you recommend ?

I have done one on my CRF250L and it wasn't bad.  I did buy a pneumatic stapler, but you just need a good one that will penetrate the seat pan.

I did not realize the current pre-order seats were only for foam + cover(s). Bummer.

I'm in.  Low comfort with OEM rear cover in diamante.  PMing.

Now time to borrow somebody's stapler.

Swingline-Red-Stapler-Used-by-Stephen-Root-in-Office-Space-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, John B. said:

cheers John

That makes 4 of us from Aus so far

And even one of the small pancake style   compressors will work, just take a short break and let it catch up. or an air tank and a 12 volt pump should do it but I wouldn’t have that kind of patience .  

17 hours ago, Yamadube said:

I just got a quote by a local distributor to get an ST in Northern Ontario Canada.

$550 CAD. Ouch...

I'm in Northern ON as well. With the group buy discount we should be around the $400 mark plus the brokerage fees UPS will ding us.

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black