On 11/9/2020 at 9:45 AM, Seat Concepts said:

Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 11-16-2020 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

The seat(s) you want and cover type. You can just copy and paste the sku#

Your email, shipping address, full name and rider weight.

On the 17th I will reach out to those if I need more info and send out invoices over the next day or 2.

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-t700-comfort-low?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-sport-touring?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-comfort-tall?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

How many are you up to now on the group buy?

Edited by Barberik
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 11:35 AM, TimeMachine said:

Ok, quote came in for $227 USD for 6 seats to Melbourne Australia (based on 3 tall comfort and 3 standard comfort). So for 6 seats that is $52 AUD (+ $12 AUD local shipping) each, and I'll wear the time and cost of packaging. It will be more expensive if the weight is increased due to different orders or less participants or you want express from Melbourne, but for sure going to be much less expensive than direct from SC. Dont forget to allow for GST which is usually charged on the price and shipping.

I currently have the following details for our OZ group buy:

Timemachine - Tall Comfort with gripper top, carbon sides.

Rumrum - Standard comfort

Terry A - Low Comfort

John B - To be advised

@TimeMachineI think I'm in for a Low Comfort.  To be confirmed, including material options

Edited by Sean R
Added @link to author TimeMachine

@Seat Concepts Can I clarify I have understood correctly please - the only option for a 'complete' set (i.e. to have a Seat Concepts pan with foam and cover factory fitted; rather than foam and cover supplied for self-install) will be the one piece product?

3 hours ago, Barberik said:

How many are you up to now on the group buy?

We are well into the 30% off catagory. 

@Seat Concepts Could you please post an update showing usernames of everyone that has signed up so far? Put an @ in front of their username so that they get a notification. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

We are well into the 30% off catagory. 

@Seat Concepts Could you please post an update showing usernames of everyone that has signed up so far? Put an @ in front of their username so that they get a notification. 

I’m very excited, been waiting for SC to get the design done for awhile; might have called a few times 🙂  The T7 seat and height are the only dislikes I have; the 7/8 drop should be enough. 

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Sean R said:

@Seat Concepts Can I clarify I have understood correctly please - the only option for a 'complete' set (i.e. to have a Seat Concepts pan with foam and cover factory fitted; rather than foam and cover supplied for self-install) will be the one piece product?

Yes, the 1 piece seat lineup will be our only complete seat offering.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

@Seat Concepts

PM sent for a low comfort kit for wife's bike.

Dealer says her bike has shipped, I will believe it when I see it.

Will there be another group buy available when the one piece complete seats become available?

So if I want to keep the stock width the only option is the tall or low version? I'm not a fan of the comfort seat that is 1.5" wider on each side unless that's my only option. I think I'd rather deal with a taller seat than a wider one. 

• Supporting Vendor
29 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

So if I want to keep the stock width the only option is the tall or low version? I'm not a fan of the comfort seat that is 1.5" wider on each side unless that's my only option. I think I'd rather deal with a taller seat than a wider one. 

All of our seats are wider than the stock for this model. The tall and low are just not as wide as the ST.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
57 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

@Seat Concepts

PM sent for a low comfort kit for wife's bike.

Dealer says her bike has shipped, I will believe it when I see it.

Will there be another group buy available when the one piece complete seats become available?

There will be another group buy but it will be awhile as we will wait till most of the different options are available for the 1 piece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent one PM for a seat, then another changing the cover material. I am listed twice. Sorry, only need the one!

Thanks.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:33 PM, rumrum said:

That makes 4 of us from Aus so far

Ok I’ve ordered the ST to maintain STD height, it’ll be comfortable no doubt, hope it’s not too wide.

Cheers John

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
46 minutes ago, wncrider said:

Sent one PM for a seat, then another changing the cover material. I am listed twice. Sorry, only need the one!

Thanks.

fixed

4 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

All of our seats are wider than the stock for this model. The tall and low are just not as wide as the ST.

Ah, I see now. So the comfort tall is 3.25" wider and the Sport Touring is 5" wider. Are there any pictures of what these look like on the T7 compared to stock? Just trying to figure out if I want to deal with an increased height to be narrower or if I'm just overthinking it.

• Like 1

@Seat Concepts

How difficult is the installation of the kit?

What tools will I need?

I have literally no upholstery experience,  would I be advised to take the kit to an upholstery shop?

I PMed my order at the beginning of the week.  How does the rest of this group buy work?  How will we pay for out seats?

7 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@Seat Concepts

How difficult is the installation of the kit?

What tools will I need?

I have literally no upholstery experience,  would I be advised to take the kit to an upholstery shop?

Jack,

Norton posted a link above to a you tube video of a foam and cover install.  I have done 4 so far and  have only stapled my palm once. (good thing they are short!)

It’s not that hard.

Or you can ship your base to seat concepts and they will do the install for 25 bucks + shipping

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nelsonccc said:

Ah, I see now. So the comfort tall is 3.25" wider and the Sport Touring is 5" wider. Are there any pictures of what these look like on the T7 compared to stock? Just trying to figure out if I want to deal with an increased height to be narrower or if I'm just overthinking it.

I wouldn't mind seeing this as well. 

5 hours ago, Teambeer said:

I PMed my order at the beginning of the week.  How does the rest of this group buy work?  How will we pay for out seats?

This was from earlier in the thread, repeated a few times, and on the same page you posted your question.  

"Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 11-16-2020 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

The seat(s) you want and cover type. You can just copy and paste the sku#

Your email, shipping address, full name and rider weight.

On the 17th I will reach out to those if I need more info and send out invoices over the next day or 2."

Edited by SociallyStunted
  • Like 2