Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

I got my tracking number today. Arrival next week. Got a new Harbor Freight stapler ready!

On 12/3/2020 at 8:34 PM, REDHORSECA said:

Waiting for me when I got home today.

Sport-Touring comfort.

3HAzRX6l.jpg

I got mine today.  Exactly the same.

The Tusk ATV/Motorcycle Seat Heater arrived. It will work out for me, it's small enough to fit over the seat foam. I can't quite put it as far back as I would like, because of how the seat cover is pulled through/down the foam in the rear cut out. I'm OK with it.

I've decided the wire will go through the front, unlike how it's pictured. So, my arse doesn't sit on the wiring. OR I may forego tucking the seat cover through the cut out and just run the heat element all the way back.

wi1dGzJl.jpg

JyKA1qGl.jpg

Edited by REDHORSECA

On 12/3/2020 at 9:52 PM, wncrider said:

I got my tracking number today. Arrival next week. Got a new Harbor Freight stapler ready!

Nice! Which kit did you order? I've got a low on order but no tracking number yet. Let us know how it goes...I was planning on getting the Harbor Freight special too, hahaha. And now that I've got a T7 we'll have to get together and ride in Pisgah!

24 minutes ago, HoboHighlander said:

Nice! Which kit did you order? I've got a low on order but no tracking number yet. Let us know how it goes...I was planning on getting the Harbor Freight special too, hahaha. And now that I've got a T7 we'll have to get together and ride in Pisgah!

Low Comfort with just the cover for the rear. I ride Pisgah a lot! Paved and unpaved!

Edited by wncrider
Spelling

Just now, wncrider said:

Low Comfort with just the cover for the rear. I ride Pisgah a lot! Paved and unsaved!

Oh dang, I didn't know they would sell me just the cover for the rear...I'm gonna be rockin' mismatched I suppose 😂. I wonder if they'll get me a rear cover with the 30% discount still on it.

And I'm guessing you meant "paved and unpaved"....or maybe "unshaved"? 🤔 But I don't think we needed to know that.

are they only selling the Kits ?? I'd like to keep my OEM saddle and get a sport touring comfort complete with pan.. 

13 minutes ago, Gary Dirt said:

are they only selling the Kits ?? I'd like to keep my OEM saddle and get a sport touring comfort complete with pan.. 

SC complete seats will come out early next year.

I got mine yesterday.  It only took about 45 minutes to remove the old covers and install the new one.  

8DEC9309-0867-4981-BD88-5181AC8C25AF.jpeg

942925C8-ABE1-4F81-9958-BFE6CD7A8BB1.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Teambeer said:

I got mine yesterday.  It only took about 45 minutes to remove the old covers and install the new one.  

8DEC9309-0867-4981-BD88-5181AC8C25AF.jpeg

942925C8-ABE1-4F81-9958-BFE6CD7A8BB1.jpeg

How it feels compared to the stock one? Would you purchase it again?

Definitely.  It provides much better support and spreads out the pressure.

Edited by Teambeer
  • Like 1

@Seat Concepts

EDITED: conveniently, happened to get a 25% HF coupon. So went and picked up the 20 gauge stapler. Need to recover the kitchen chairs anyways. 😁

Got my tracking number for seat kit. One question. I've got a 2-n-1 brad nailer/18 gauge staples gun. Will the 18 gauge staples be to big of a wire? 

Edited by slakdawg

Just got off the phone with Seat Concept and ask when they would have seats with pans , just front or one piece.

and the guys response was there was nothing in the works .. 

not consistent with what I read here ..

I was hoping to keep my oem seat for local aggressive rides .. 

sergeant is working on a saddle, hopefully that will be out sooner rather than later ...

1 hour ago, Gary Dirt said:

Just got off the phone with Seat Concept and ask when they would have seats with pans , just front or one piece.

and the guys response was there was nothing in the works .. 

not consistent with what I read here ..

I was hoping to keep my oem seat for local aggressive rides .. 

sergeant is working on a saddle, hopefully that will be out sooner rather than later ...

Agree - The very first post says this:

Next week we will start working on the 1 piece pan for our complete seats. We will be changing the shape of the OEM 1 piece pan as it has too many intrusions to the seating are from the bottom. This limits the amount of foam that can be removed for low seats and still comfortable. We will be working on the following different shapes (not set in stone) in roughly the following order (all a 1 piece design):

Stock height comfort 

Low comfort

Tall comfort 

Low rally

standard rally

2 up standard comfort

Tall rally

Sport touring

These could change in production order but would be a close representation.

These would be all be available as a complete seat only as the base shape change will require a matching foam shape to fit. Our reshaped pan will help produce a better, more comfortable starting point than the OEM pan.

Waiting on the 1-piece was the reason I chose to forego the group buy...

• Like 1

Seat Concepts will weigh in I'm sure. My understanding is that there will be a one piece pan/complete seat in several styles as listed above. What's not in the works is a complete seat/pan for the two piece set up.

I much prefer one piece, rally-style seats for aggressive riding. I wish the bike had been supplied with a one piece seat as the stock default. However, I am excited to try out the seat concepts front seat tall cover I just got with the B&B solo rack that will be arriving soon. I'll post pictures when I get it all installed. I'm also considering the Black Dog Helo Pad as an even more versatile option.

12 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

I just had a talk with my sales staff and cleared this up. Yes, we are going to be making a complete seat option and it will be for the 1 piece design only. Here is a pic of the sample production base.

IMG_3147.jpg

That’s what I am waiting for!

Got my seat kit today. The included instructions mention something about a waterproof cover.... is that the plastic bag it came in or is that not needed?

Mike

1 minute ago, MikeCMP said:

Got my seat kit today. The included instructions mention something about a waterproof cover.... is that the plastic bag it came in or is that not needed?

Mike

Mike

There should be a folded plastic sheet in the package. Easy to miss.

• Like 1