Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

19 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Tom,

We are about 1-2 months out. We are waiting to have all 6 versions available before releasing the 1 piece design. That way we can do a group buy at one time. 

As for trying to use a softer foam to gain enough difference in reach to the ground, that would not be a viable option. The stock seat is not thick enough to make that soft and not hit the pan or feel like a marshmallow. 

If you have the tall factory rally seat then our standard height 1 piece seat will be noticeably lower.

Will there be an option for us with the tall rally seat, keeping roughly the same height?

• Supporting Vendor

Spuz- Yes, our tall seat will be the same height as the factory seat. We will have a comfort version and and rally version.

Comfort low, std, tall

Rally low, std, tall?

You probably already mentioned, is the Rally the same width as the OEM std seat?

Sorry for so many questions.

Tom

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

• Supporting Vendor

Tom- Yes on those versions.

The rally seat will be similar to the stock width.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 9:10 AM, Seat Concepts said:

Yes, our tall seat will be the same height as the factory seat. We will have a comfort version and and rally version.

I'm sorry - Clarify please; Your tall rally seat will be same height as factory stock seat?  ....or same as OEM Rally (tall) seat?

• Supporting Vendor

Our tall rally will be the same height and width as the tall rally factory seat. The only change we made was to radius the edge so it does not dig into the thigh.

• Like 7

Well the tall comfort seat came together very nicely. And it is a lot better than the Rally seat after a couple of hours in the saddle. I highly recommend using an air stapler because the manual stapler couldn't get through the Yamaha base. 

I have also bodgied up a tail piece out of an old TR650 tall seat. That was the best seat I have ever had. There were tears. But the tall seat needs it, for me at least, because I sit close to the back edge of the main seat. The rear section supports the front section and gives a bit more seat to sit on. I tried to match the height so it doesn't look out of place from a side view. It could be better.

It would be nice if SeatConcepts could come up with a rear section that blends in with the front a little better height and width wise, something like this.

image.thumb.png.a40a3fc3c3f8b15091ec18eb631ff181.png 

image.thumb.png.cdfa243061d740d804c3f3190092591d.png

image.thumb.png.bb12e01fb6d97500c1dc18c3068a109b.png

• 3 weeks later...

I will be in Arizona desert for a week. What is best way to clean seat after I return? Is there any preservative to apply prior to this exposure?

14 hours ago, Mohamed said:

I missed this one. @Seat Conceptswill there be another group buy?

Go back to the bottom of the previous page. SC posted on 29th of jan

"We are about 1-2 months out. We are waiting to have all 6 versions available before releasing the 1 piece design. That way we can do a group buy at one time. "

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

You can use a foaming window cleaner for clean up.

Being that we use marine grade vinyl there is no need for protectants on the cover material.

• Like 1

Guys, I'm not sure if anybody tackled this issue, but for Europe customers is there a way at the moment (except ordering directly from US) to get any of the seats ?

Does the upcoming one-piece low rally seat have to be 7/8" lower than stock like the comfort low seat?  I like the idea of improving my reach to ground a bit, but a loss of 7/8" of foam sounds like too much of a comfort compromise. Particularly with a narrower seat.  Plus it throws off the seat-to-handlebar positioning too far in my opinion.  

Perhaps 1/2" lower would be more ideal?  

Edited by Toei

• Supporting Vendor

Unfortunately, we can not keep everyone happy.  The shorter riders wall all they can get and others will say 1/2 in hardly noticeable and why bother.   If 1/2 inch is make or break for you, the change in round off the sharp edging the stock seat has that we do should make our standard height seat usable.

Are we there yet?  ETA on the one piece seat please.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

We have 2 of the molds done but still have 4 more in the works before we release them. I would say we are 1-1.5 months out still.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChrisXT said:

Will the "standard height rallye" seat be wider than the normal stock seat in the area where I actually sit?

Not trying to be a douche, but how is anyone supposed to know where YOU sit on your seat? You should take a picture of your seat and identify the area you have a question about-Just a thought

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firebolter said:

Not trying to be a douche, but how is anyone supposed to know where YOU sit on your seat? You should take a picture of your seat and identify the area you have a question about-Just a thought

Well I Just mean area that is wider on the picture of the seat.. Not the area that is supposed to be small so that your feet can touch the ground

• Supporting Vendor

The rally seat will not have a pronounced wide spot.

8 hours ago, ChrisXT said:

Will the "standard height rallye" seat be wider than the normal stock seat in the area where I actually sit?

It sounds like the SC Rally seat will be similar to the OEM Rally and the profile of the OEM 2-Piece. As I understand it the main change on the SC Rally seat will be that it is radiused differently so that it is more rounded for comfort.

It appears that the OEM Rally has about the same width as the OEM two piece according to the picture below:

image.png.d540a40db09731b37e335d83e0fe7637.png

Hi @all. I ordered the tall comfort. Quality is great but was freaking expensive for me living in Germany with shipping and customs. I am 6"3 and dont feel comfortable with the new Seat. Feel disconected from the Bike because my legs are Not tight anymore to the fuel Tank and i feel too much "above" the Bike and my arm Position doesnt feel right anymore. Probably the normal high would have been better 😞 Anyone have the same Experience/Problem. Cheers Joern. 

My arse is forever grateful for my new seat, and my arse isnt grateful for much!  Thanks for the awesome upgrade!   

• Like 1

Would be interested in the low single front comfort if you do one and based in the UK.